Empyrean vs HE1000 Stealth
Dec 27, 2023 at 12:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JohanE

100+ Head-Fier
I can get a pair of used Empyrean here in Sweden for the same prize as a pair of new HE1000 Stealth.

Which would you recommend and why? :)
I should mention that I already own the Arya Stealth today.

Dec 27, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #2 of 3
From my perspective (and recollection), the HE1000 SE is a direct upgrade to the Arya Stealth. They share some tonal similarities, though the HE1000 is better technically. If you love the Arya Stealth and want more of that, then get the HEKSE and consider selling the Arya.

The Empyrean is more relaxed, more bass, subjectively more fun, less detail than the HEKSE. If you want something different than the Hifiman sound you're used to, get the Empyrean.

Dec 27, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #3 of 3
From my perspective (and recollection), the HE1000 SE is a direct upgrade to the Arya Stealth. They share some tonal similarities, though the HE1000 is better technically. If you love the Arya Stealth and want more of that, then get the HEKSE and consider selling the Arya.

The Empyrean is more relaxed, more bass, subjectively more fun, less detail than the HEKSE. If you want something different than the Hifiman sound you're used to, get the Empyrean.
Thanks! I do love my Arya. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back