Emotiva XDA-2 Review and Issues
Mar 23, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #31 of 41
  Sorry I dont own one, but was wondering were these issues fixed in the Gen 2 version?

Emotiva mentioned since it was a c-media chip they have no control over how it functions. In later post they blamed windows for it. So my guess is they probably didn't fix it. 

Mar 24, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #32 of 41

Emotiva mentioned since it was a c-media chip they have no control over how it functions. In later post they blamed windows for it. So my guess is they probably didn't fix it. 

Ha, how cheesy to try and pass the blame on to another company! I mean THEY used the chip! If there was something wrong with it, it would then be their responsibility to pull the product off the market, redesign it using a different chip or fix the problem and then re-release it for sale fixed. As well as replace all those that bought the crappy one. This is why you thoroughly TEST your product before you start selling it! Glad you posted this as now Ill avoid the XDA-2 all together.

Mar 24, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #33 of 41

Ha, how cheesy to try and pass the blame on to another company! I mean THEY used the chip! If there was something wrong with it, it would then be their responsibility to pull the product off the market, redesign it using a different chip or fix the problem and then re-release it for sale fixed. As well as replace all those that bought the crappy one. This is why you thoroughly TEST your product before you start selling it! Glad you posted this as now Ill avoid the XDA-2 all together.

With that said, you really have to take the product with a grain of salt. 

When it works you're getting 32/192 audio quality which sounds very good. You also getting dual XLR in the rear which @ the price point ($250-300), is a very good deal. When I looked for a device that could do that the closest I could find was $550. There is also an amped (up to 300 ohm) 3.5mm front outlet that does a wonderful job amping my 250 ohm beyers. 

Mar 25, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #34 of 41
Happens on my Mac all the time. You have to toggle (unplug and plug in again) the USB cable to get the computer to read the sample rates properly. It's a great DAC, but this issue is really started to bother me.

Mar 25, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #35 of 41
  Happens on my Mac all the time. You have to toggle (unplug and plug in again) the USB cable to get the computer to read the sample rates properly. It's a great DAC, but this issue is really started to bother me.

So that means its not a "windows" problem. 

Now their own excuse is that its a c-media excuse. 

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #36 of 41
  I decided to do a video on my issues with the xda 2. Could someone test this on their system too

Have you tried using optical? I use optical because it doesn't require driver interaction, and the numbers on the front change whenever I change the sample rate in the audio properties. I would test usb, but I don't have an a to b cable on hand.

Apr 21, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #37 of 41
  Have you tried using optical? I use optical because it doesn't require driver interaction, and the numbers on the front change whenever I change the sample rate in the audio properties. I would test usb, but I don't have an a to b cable on hand.

For $6 I ordered an optical cable. We'll see what it does. If it works then you sir are a life saver. 

Jul 29, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #39 of 41
I think windows 10 fixed the Emotiva xda2 problems. When I installed windows 10 it said the emotiva xda2 had enhancement problems and then asked if I wanted to disable them. I clicked yes. Now when I power up and down my xda2 it defaults to 192khz!! 

Apr 6, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #41 of 41
Hey guys, will my emotiva xda-2 work as a preamp for 2 different amps? I have a pro amp that's connected to my xda-2 right now using the XLR output and this powers my speakers. I just purchased a schiit magni 2 Uber to use with headphones and will connect to the xda-2 using the RCA output. How will this work together? From my understanding, both amps will constantly be fed from the xda-2,so if they're both turned on, music will go to both the headphones and speakers, right? If I turn off the power amp and just turn on the magni, will this be a sufficient fix (and vise versa)? Am I risking frying my equipment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back