Emotiva Stealth DC-2 Pre-launch knowledge and impressions
Dec 18, 2017 at 1:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Zadok

100+ Head-Fier
Since there isn't currently any forum threads dedicated to this product yet, I figured I would make one to keep future discussions together in one place. I know @KeithEmo posts to this board sometimes, and the last post about the DC-2 or the balanced headphone amp was months ago in the emotiva lounge. Hopefully, someone might chime in!

I have been holding out for a DAC purchase ever since this was announced many months ago, but it seems to have completely disappeared.

Dec 18, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #2 of 10
I can tell you that both are coming soon.
The DC-2 should be out a few months after Christmas; the headphone amp will be along a bit later (yes, it's still coming).

We had a prototype of the DC-2 available to listen to at our latest EmoFest event.... and listener comments were VERY positive.
Perhaps some of the folks who heard it there could chime in with their impressions.

Since there isn't currently any forum threads dedicated to this product yet, I figured I would make one to keep future discussions together in one place. I know @KeithEmo posts to this board sometimes, and the last post about the DC-2 or the balanced headphone amp was months ago in the emotiva lounge. Hopefully, someone might chime in!

I have been holding out for a DAC purchase ever since this was announced many months ago, but it seems to have completely disappeared.

Dec 18, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #3 of 10
I found out about Emofest too late to be able to go or else I'd have definitely been there. It's cool that you responded to me directly, so thank you for that! I've heard many good things about the DC-1, but maybe because Emotiva mainly does speaker setups in the past, the products are a little less well known here on head-fi. I think that will definitely change with the DC-2 and balanced HP amp combo.

Thanks again for the response. Emofest visitors read this thread!

Dec 19, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #4 of 10
The DC-2 should be out a few months after Christmas; the headphone amp will be along a bit later (yes, it's still coming).

We had a prototype of the DC-2 available to listen to at our latest EmoFest event.... and listener comments were VERY positive.
Perhaps some of the folks who heard it there could chime in with their impressions.
Hi Keith,
Is DC-2 Roon ready? Any pic or spec to share yet? I've always liked Emotiva gears.

Jun 26, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #7 of 10

Very keen to hear more about news on this one - looking to pair this up with my BasX A-100!

Aug 16, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #9 of 10
Good Christ is this ever coming out?!?! I saw it at Axpona almost six months ago and “they” told me they’d hope to have it out in 3-4 weeks.

Edit- okay maybe it wasn’t 6 months ago... but it’s been at least 4.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #10 of 10
Good Christ is this ever coming out?!?! I saw it at Axpona almost six months ago and “they” told me they’d hope to have it out in 3-4 weeks.

Edit- okay maybe it wasn’t 6 months ago... but it’s been at least 4.
Their references sound prossesor has been delayed at least 5 years I think.. so I’m sure you will DEFINITELY see this DAC by 2023. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back