Emmeline "The Shadow"
Nov 4, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #781 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I definitely think there's a distinguishable difference over the Mustang. It's amazing the caliber of sound this little thing puts out. And while neither is burned in, it's close in sound to my new ALO Rx. Of course it doesn't quite drive my Ultrasones as loud, but the quality of the sound is pretty close for such a tiny thing. The Rx just has a little more each of extension, air, and soundstage. But things could change with further burn in of both amps.

So the Rx wins the shoot out at this point?

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #782 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by ruknd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the Rx wins the shoot out at this point?

At this point, for sure. But I think that's to be expected with a Class A amp. The tiny Shadow more than holds its own though. It's like the smaller sibling, but with all the family's traits.... I hope they both open up and improve in same proportion to each other with further burn in. They're two wonderful amps, even out of the box. Right away I noticed more going on with the Shadow over the Mustang.

DSC00875.jpg

DSC00872.jpg

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #783 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear friend & head-fiers...
We have covered more than 200 amps so far. The dead-line for introductory price of the Shadow is coming to an end by tomorrow, Wednesday, Nov. 4th 2009, at 12:00AM. Any orders on this thread or on my e-mail does not have that time as specified, will be charged the normal price, $395.00

We will still honor those who reserved the Shadow & did not make the payment for any reason, until the 15th of Nov. mid night Chicago time. They can still claim the intro price as long as they will post with their payment their post # on head-fi.

Please do not e-mail us asking for the intro price after the dead-line.
Thanks to all who purchased the Shadow amp, we are sure you will have some great times with this little amp.
RSA

Lucky me! I just sent the payment last night
atsmile.gif

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #784 of 999
Unlucky me,my paypal account some problems,please help me!
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy8269 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lucky me! I just sent the payment last night
atsmile.gif

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #785 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At this point, for sure. But I think that's to be expected with a Class A amp. The tiny Shadow more than holds its own though. It's like the smaller sibling, but with all the family's traits.... I hope they both open up and improve in same proportion to each other with further burn in. They're two wonderful amps, even out of the box. Right away I noticed more going on with the Shadow over the Mustang.

DSC00875.jpg

DSC00872.jpg

What a dilemma...do I order the Shadow or the ALO...the size of the shadow and charging from a USB port make it attractive...but if the ALO sounds that much better...

does the ALO have that much more power?

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #786 of 999
Well actually the Shadow seems to drive my 780's pretty close to the Rx in terms of volume level (louder than I care to listen)... but they're not that big of a challenge for an amp, and I don't have anything that presents that hard of a load. Maybe I'm not the best person to ask. The sound is definitely bigger in terms of space and soundstage, as well as bass extension and control.

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #787 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyckc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unlucky me,my paypal account some problems,please help me!
frown.gif

Try to call Ray see if he can accept other form of payment? like cashiers check

Nov 4, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #789 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by nycdoi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try to call Ray see if he can accept other form of payment? like cashiers check

I sent him a personal check, I got my shadow 3 days after.

Nov 4, 2009 at 9:30 AM Post #790 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpyoldman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
same here, also mentioned by others, so no need to worry, I guess you get more useful volume range that way, if I want it silent, I can switch it off
wink.gif

Ok thanks. It's not a concern, i ask only to know if was normal.

Nov 4, 2009 at 11:36 AM Post #792 of 999
How to use personal check?i live in hongkong,thankyou!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy8269 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x 2 >> or email Ray to check for other mean of payments that he can accept

Quote:

Originally Posted by waynema /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent him a personal check, I got my shadow 3 days after.

Nov 4, 2009 at 12:22 PM Post #793 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my S056 today! Charging at the moment. How long does the first charge take?

my initial charge took about 7-8 hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Back