Emmeline "The Shadow"
Oct 15, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #421 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Due to the rush & the intro price, all the 300 first chassis that we have are in black anodized with Gold silk screen. Once we get this special rush out of the way then the next batch we can concentrate on the color chassis.
Ray Samuels

I love RSA traditional coloring.
smile_phones.gif
Thanks.

Oct 15, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #422 of 999
Are we still looking at a ship date within the next 2 weeks-ish?

Oct 15, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #423 of 999
Can't find the price, dimensions and review. Can someone give me link for this please???

Oct 15, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #424 of 999
Price: $350 for the first run (people who responded to the preorder thread) $395 thereafter. Shipping in the past has been $14.

review: it's not out yet so the only people who have heard it are those who have demoed it at trade shows or jamato8 who has a prerelease version. Reviews will come out once the amp has been more well tested.

Dimensions: guesses have been made based on relative sizing earlier in this thread.

Oct 15, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #425 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't find the price, dimensions and review. Can someone give me link for this please???

Here you go lazy butt... its all in the thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Shadow….

The selling price of the Shadow is $395.00. As always is the customs of RSA, when new products come out, we give the HEAD-FI members a very special introductory price. The first 200 units will be sold for $350.00 ONLY. Please one order per person at this price.

You may use this thread now to reserve your Shadow portable amp at introductory price of $350.00.

Ray Samuels Audio..

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj-kun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f105/r...images-432508/
if you haven't already seen it

Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 15, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #426 of 999
Great! Thank you kb1gra and xsnitch!

Oct 16, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #428 of 999
Ray or Jamato:

Can u tell me what LOD currently being sold will best serve ipod/shadow velcro'd configuration? I want to be ready
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #429 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by raelamb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ray or Jamato:

Can u tell me what LOD currently being sold will best serve ipod/shadow velcro'd configuration? I want to be ready
smily_headphones1.gif

raelamb,

They're not cheap ($195) - but I haven't found anything that will beat:
Ken Ball's (Audio Line Out)

ALO Cryo SXC 18 AWG LOD
Attachment 21782
"a wide open audio-pipe, from bottom-to-top of the frequency spectrum"

Used it with Tomahawk/JH13/W3/SR325i/HD650
Using now with: Mustang/JH13
Will be using it soon with: Shadow/JH13

Oct 16, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #430 of 999
I have the ALO Cryo that I'm using right now with my tomahawk and classic but wondering if the angling of the cable is gonna be right for the shadow?

Oct 16, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #431 of 999
I'm going to give it a go with my ALO Cryo just to see what it's like. Given my rig I'm not too excited about the input jack being on opposite end from the output--even though the size tradeoff is worth it.

SARN Industries (-=Germania=- here) makes an "Alio Dock" that looks very interesting for this application. HeadphoneAddict minireviewed and liked her products. I may wind up going that route in the end.

Oct 16, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #435 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by raelamb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the ALO Cryo that I'm using right now with my tomahawk and classic but wondering if the angling of the cable is gonna be right for the shadow?

Per Ken Ball's instructions,
(I did this for Mustang - going to re-do it for Shadow)

Heat LOD with hair dryer until it becomes malleable, then...
set to desired new position
(e.g. make 180 degree bend smaller radius, for Shadow),
then, let cool in that position.
It will set, and thereafter hold the new shape.

(for the Shadow, I anticipate changing the radius of curvature, as well as the place that the 180 deg. bend starts)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back