Emmeline "The Shadow"
Jul 27, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #91 of 999
For some reason I have low hope of that happening but i'd be more then happy to be wrong. Seems like Ray was originally intending a fall release but may be from the pico slim announcement he will try to get it to the market quicker then what seemed to be planned.

Aug 1, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #92 of 999
May be a pre-ordering can work, it is not necessary too hurry to compete with Pico Slim. If so, then the IQube v2 is also a very strong competitor. Say, like me, as I have the Pico, I am not interested on the Pico Slim; and iQube v2 is quite expensive as only the DAC part is re-worked. I will still vote on the Shadow.

Aug 1, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #93 of 999
hmmm well the way the pico slim looks right now.. its definitely something i'm considering.. looks great.. SEEMS like it sounds great.. and i'm hearing it'll be under 400..

i'm still keen to see what shadow has to offer.. but i guess if the pico slim comes out soon i'll join the band wagon and would be too broke to get a shadow lol..

Aug 14, 2009 at 10:10 AM Post #97 of 999
I am sure that neither Justin nor Ray will sell either the pico slim or the shadow until they are sure the amps are functioning as per design. I for one can not wait until both of the amps are released. This is an exceptional period for us portable audio freaks- hifiman, amp3, ibasso d10 and p3+, plus these two audio genii on the verge of releasing 2 very special amps (judging by descriptions so far).

Ray, i am just itching to see how small an extrusion you can fit this into and the final form of the amp.

Aug 15, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #98 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ray, i am just itching to see how small an extrusion you can fit this into and the final form of the amp.

I have seen the board and it is not very large or thick. I would say the case will be about the size of one of the old match boxes as it won't be more than 1/8th to 1/16th of an inch larger than the specs for the board. The first post shows the length at 2 inches so it will be basically just a tad bigger.

DSC_4142.jpg

It doesn't look more than an inch wide and the height can't be much more than 1/2 inch. This is a very small amplifier.

Aug 17, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #99 of 999
I was trying to decide between SR-71A vs Predator before I came upon this forum. What a coincident! I will keep following on the development of Shadow...

I have been in high-end car audio hobby for years, but still new to high-end portables. I hope to get my very first headphone amp soon
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 18, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #100 of 999
How much longer for a case for this cutiepie?

Aug 18, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #102 of 999
Any hint of the price?
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 18, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #103 of 999
Sorry, not yet.

Our friend jamato8 will already know more about the price, I assume. He did a lot of testing on „TheShadow“ and has obviously a very good relationship to Ray.

Stay calm, we all will know more in a week.

Ray will also shurely post some pics, the time, the body is finished, as he is always doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back