EMMELINE SR71A The Black Bird
Jan 17, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #2 of 24
Nice set up. Any thoughts on the sound?

Jan 17, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #3 of 24
Thanks, yeah it sounds great with the set up there. The Bass were right & tight not cloudy or boomy like the Voyager. The Mids were not over exaggerated and the Highs...crisp. Draws a very refine soundstage.

Jan 18, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #5 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by 15grams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, yeah it sounds great with the set up there. The Bass were right & tight not cloudy or boomy like the Voyager. The Mids were not over exaggerated and the Highs...crisp. Draws a very refine soundstage.

Interested comparison w/ the Voyager. I would disagree specially on the bass, did you have the contour on? But not all of us like chocolate!
smile.gif
Now if you had the SR71 I would agree that it sounds better than the SR71A or the Voyager but mostly on the highs and clarity/detail of the presentation.

Jan 18, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #7 of 24
That strap look like a knee brace.

Anyone compared the Blackbird to the original SR-71?
Is it a definite improvement?

Jan 18, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Right above your post is a brief mention of that. I do not agree, as I prefer the 71A.

Jan 18, 2009 at 9:08 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by HK_sends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a sweet looking rig. Did you make the leather(?) sleeve yourself?

-HK sends

**edit** - I just saw the Falcon Strap post. Do you make them or do you have a source for them?

Yes I custom made myself with leather suede, 3M velcros, and rubber. Then I finish the leather with Jeans sewing thread to keep the whole strap more durable & tougher around it's edges.

Jan 18, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Knee Brace.

Jan 18, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice! I love mine too

Tried the IE8 & Westone 3 few days ago. I find the Westone 3 sound more natural. IE8 looks sleek and stealthy in design. But I find IE8 bass pushy & forcefully thrown out hence made the whole soundbox cloudy.

Jan 18, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right above your post is a brief mention of that. I do not agree, as I prefer the 71A.

In my own humble opinion, yes the SR71A is a much better and improve amp compare to its predecessor SR71.

Jan 18, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f105/s...ssions-368639/

Since I wrote that, I have spent a lot of time working through my music collection trying to decide which amp is going to the For Sale forum. The SR71 has more air, openness, soundstage....and gives the impression of finer details. However, the SR71a is warmer with more bass and appears to have better synergy with my iriver H1xx lineout (as it has more body and fullness to the sound).

I like them both. My main complaint on the SR71a is that while there is generous bass and overall great sound, it seems to have a hair less definition (and punch) on certain bass lines then the SR71 demonstrates. Though not necessarily a great song, listen to Eminem's - "Kill Me" on both amps and you'll hear the bass difference immediately.

However, they each score their own points depending on which song you're listening to. The other day shuffle queued up Sean Paul's - "Change the Game" and that was a definite win for the SR71a with a lot of wow factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back