Emeryville Housing Advice
Apr 12, 2003 at 11:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

eighteen_psi

100+ Head-Fier
This summer or fall, depending on availability and how long it takes me to get hosing sorted out, I'm going to be starting at Expression Center for New Media (expression.edu if anyone wants to check it out) in Emeryville. I've decided to not commute due to the extensive time needed for the program (I live in Pleasanton with the parents currently). Anyone live in emeryville or the immediate vicinity (really need walking distance to the school but I could manage if theres a bus route close or something)?

I'm looking for a flat or something (roommate or not, doesn't really matter to me). The dorm-style lofts the school owns suck, are around $700/month/head and I'd rather not share a room with 2 or 3 other people personally...can something better be had for a reasonable price or am I just looking at a lot of money/commute?

Note this is posted here because I usually get decent replies from the headfi crowd...not stupid "see why college is stupid?" and the like...don't let me down
tongue.gif

Apr 13, 2003 at 12:14 AM Post #2 of 4
Emeryville sucks for housing. You could get a place in Oakland or Berkeley and take the bus. I would reccomend Berkeley, and see what the bus is like from Downtown Berk. to the Emery Bay theaters area.

Apr 13, 2003 at 7:44 AM Post #3 of 4
As far as housing IN Emeryville, there isn't really all that much, and most of it is fairly expensive compared to housing in Oakland/Berkeley. Grancasa's advice sounds good. The buses will run you close enough that it won't be much of a walk from the school to a bus stop.

Or you could get yourself a decent bike and just bike to school.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 13, 2003 at 8:03 AM Post #4 of 4
As far as personal transportation I have a nice shiny new pair of Rollerblade Lightning 05s that I love...I just don't want to have to use them at 2AM when I need to run into the lab for a quick render (school's open 24/7 for student work)
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back