EMERGENCY HEADPHONE QUESTION PLEASE LOOK
Mar 28, 2007 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

analog'd

1000+ Head-Fier
thanks for reading! a friend is on the road for work this week and has time on plane plus in hotel room. he owns grado sr60's(his first) and had porta pros. he had some old somehings to use traveling, but they bit the dust on the road. he just emailed for help on what to get.

he is going to the mall of america tonight, where there is a radio shack and a sam goody at least, and wants to know what he can buy that isn't expensive but sounds decent to get him through the week. if possible a bud or something for iso on the plane, but if for cheap the only way to get decent sound is open back, then he'd rather live without on the plane.

any ideas? i know i've seen people mention shack cans that are like porta-pros? thanks. he's young and inexperienced and it's a jungle out there!

Mar 28, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by chroot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Koss KSC75. $20 at Radio Shack.

- Warren

x3

Mar 28, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #6 of 14
I can't believe I'm even thinking about this! My wife would think I'd really flipped for even thinking of recommending......of all things.......Bose!!??

But didn't I read here that Bose actually has a reasonably good IEM or something? I haven't been following anything other than normal over the noggin phones at the moment, but I thought I had read a little blurb or two about Bose having something worthwhile that may fit this thread.

If it's true, maybe they have a Bose dealer at the mall.

Mar 28, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #9 of 14
JVC Marshmallows for iso $20

Mar 28, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why is this an emergency?

Maybe the headphones are holding his ears on.
tongue.gif

Mar 28, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't believe I'm even thinking about this! My wife would think I'd really flipped for even thinking of recommending......of all things.......Bose!!??

But didn't I read here that Bose actually has a reasonably good IEM or something? I haven't been following anything other than normal over the noggin phones at the moment, but I thought I had read a little blurb or two about Bose having something worthwhile that may fit this thread.

If it's true, maybe they have a Bose dealer at the mall.

I've heard about that here somewhere...

I don't recall anything excessively negative said about them (except price). Then again at $99 (I think) for a pair of knockaround travel headphones you're much better off with the KSC75s at Radio Shack.

Maybe a pair of Shures? I wouldn't pay full retail for them over there though...

Mar 29, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gautama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JVC Marshmallows for iso $20

x2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back