Embarking on a new project... the AMB γ2 (gamma 2)
Nov 12, 2010 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Mher6

500+ Head-Fier
I've decided to build myself a y2.  Of course, to do so, I need to first put together a y1.  I plan on building the F configuation of the y1 (Full++ version) but am unsure if what steps I can skip since I'm going to mate the y1 with the y2.  I've read all the instructions on AMB's site, but the amount of information is sort of overwhelming to a somewhat new DIYer.  Can anyone put together a simplified list as to what parts/components and steps I can skip in building my y1?  Any help and tips would be highly appreciated!

Nov 12, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #2 of 6
The y1 can be split into the following portions:
- USB input
- SPDIF (coaxial, optical) inputs
- CS8416
- WM8501 DAC
- SPDIF output
- Power mux IC

The y2:
- ASRC and crystal
- WM8741 DAC
- OPA2365/AD8656 output stage
- Filters and anti-clipping functionality

Nov 12, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #3 of 6
Well, I am going to build one too. I know you can skip the output in the y1 since you won't need it since you have a y2. Several other things as well. Try reading the dedicated thread

Nov 13, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #5 of 6
If you're want to use the pre-drilled and engraved γ2 panels, then omit nothing from the γ1 "F" config except the ribbon cable that connects the USB and DAC board sections.  Otherwise you'll have "unused" holes on the panels.

Read the γ1 and γ2 websites for the rest of the details.

Nov 13, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
If you're want to use the pre-drilled and engraved γ2 panels, then omit nothing from the γ1 "F" config except the ribbon cable that connects the USB and DAC board sections.  Otherwise you'll have "unused" holes on the panels.

Read the γ1 and γ2 websites for the rest of the details.

Thank you so much!  Exactly the answer I was looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back