Embarassing situations related with your headphones
Aug 5, 2005 at 7:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

nabwong

Headphoneus Supremus
Here's my story

So i was in blockbuster the other night and i was in the line to check out some dvds. I was listening so some boyband music
biggrin.gif
on my rio carbon with k26p. It was a pretty busy night. I was probably the 3rd person in the line and was just minding my own business; looking around the store. All of a sudden, this really hot babe tapped me on the shoulder, smiling at me. She was saying something but i couldn't hear her at all. So i smiled back. After a few seconds, she pointed towards the check out counter. I was like, opppss... Took off my headphones and apologised. Probably about 4-5 people behind me.

Anyone else got into an embarassing situation?

Aug 5, 2005 at 8:43 AM Post #3 of 30
.. my friends last week entered my room while paying me a "surprise" visit ( what surprise !..)

I said : " pay attention to wires up there .. there are new wired babies around !
orphsmile.gif
" and pointed to the hp2
the instant after one of them ( my best friend ) stumble while entering , inadvertitely reach for hp2 wire while falling and take it down with his hand , bringing hp2 along with other things down with him in a nerdous fall

plainface.gif

*my face kept this expression for 1 min. *

you know , he was embarassed

I was incredibly embarassed for him being phisically punished too ..

Aug 5, 2005 at 2:35 PM Post #4 of 30
Was walking around with my KSc-75s and my backpack at college. Needed to set down my backpack to get something out but it snagged on my ksc-75s. This resulted in them being yanked off my ears in a violent fashion. I was lucky that no one saw me.

Aug 5, 2005 at 2:44 PM Post #5 of 30
one of the cups fell off my MS2 while waiting at the bus stop. try looking cool after that

ahh grado build quality. nothing that superglue cant handle

Aug 5, 2005 at 2:58 PM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz
one of the cups fell off my MS2 while waiting at the bus stop. try looking cool after that

192.gif
scary
..I will suppose ms2 cups are detachable ..

Aug 5, 2005 at 3:41 PM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz

eek.gif
eek.gif

spontaneously... fell apart... dropped to the ground?

I always question where the connecting rod joins the "C" shaped plastic part. Seems OK, but looks flimsey.

Garrett

Aug 5, 2005 at 3:48 PM Post #9 of 30
No one rreally saw tthis so I shouldnt be embarassed persay, but getting a shure medium flex slleeve stuck in my ear was pretty nerve racking till I was able to finally coax it out with some tweezers.

Aug 5, 2005 at 6:54 PM Post #10 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Saw some guy with oakley thumps the other day... LLLLooser

Ha!

My most embarrassing experience is pretty tame. Probably just having to tell people that my headphones cost six hundred dollars (well, that is for both the Stax 313 and 404).

Aug 5, 2005 at 7:06 PM Post #11 of 30
Listening to music on the bus a few years ago when my cell phone didn't have a vibrating ringer. Someone from the back came up and tapped me on the shoulder. Apparently my phone had been playing some stupid ringtone for several minutes!
eek.gif
My Dad said "you didn't answer, so I just let it ring..." Thanks Dad!

Aug 5, 2005 at 7:11 PM Post #12 of 30
My most embarassing moment is when my wife sae the invoice for my last set of headphones...
She said "what's this bill?"...she looks at it...."you spent $500 on headphones?" with a disgusted tone. I was in the next room and pretended not to hear her and ran away out of fear of a big lashing
smily_headphones1.gif

I came back later, and she was busy watching her tv show, and I changed the topic to dinner and acted interested in the soap she was watching

eggosmile.gif

Aug 5, 2005 at 7:43 PM Post #13 of 30
This is on purpose so I don't know if it counts but I usually have my DT770, SM3, E4c, and Micro amp at work (every thing just goes in my backpack with my lunch).

Anyways, when I have to get up and go to the printer, bathroom, kitchen, etc. I will hold my SM3 and iriver in hand and co-workers that walk by are always staring at the stuff trying to figure out what the hell I'm carrying.

It's pretty funny... if I really want to get some weird looks I get up and do the same thing with my Micro and DT770's
eek.gif

Aug 5, 2005 at 8:11 PM Post #14 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual
Ha!

My most embarrassing experience is pretty tame. Probably just having to tell people that my headphones cost six hundred dollars (well, that is for both the Stax 313 and 404).

Man...i wish i can say that...maybe in a year. heh...

Aug 5, 2005 at 8:53 PM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver
My most embarassing moment is when my wife say the invoice for my last set of headphones...
She said "what's this bill?"...she looks at it...."you spent $500 on headphones?" with a disgusted tone. I was in the next room and pretended not to hear her and ran away out of fear of a big lashing
smily_headphones1.gif

I came back later, and she was busy watching her tv show, and I changed the topic to dinner and acted interested in the soap she was watching

eggosmile.gif

Me to female friends when I find out how much their latest clothes-buying binge cost: "Who buys pants for $200?!" It works much better the other way. Audio rendering is quantifiable, but clothes, who can tell the difference, and who cares?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back