Email notifications not working on head-fi?
Jan 1, 2016 at 3:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

zambz

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I notice that I don't get emailed when I get a private message or an update is made to one of the threads I'm subscribed to.  This makes it easy to miss a conversation.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Cheers
zambz

Jan 1, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #4 of 9
Go to http://www.head-fi.org/users/users/preferences/ and take a look at the notification options. Are they all activated?

Also select the second option here:

525702a8_sub.png

Jan 1, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #6 of 9
  Thanks for your help, yep, that's exactly how they were set.

So now (assuming you selected the second option in order to receive a notification every time), do you receive an email notification for this new post? As for not being notified of private messages, I'm at a loss.

If you're up for it, you could just set your Head-Fi profile as your home page (like I do) to keep track of everything.

Jan 1, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #7 of 9

So now (assuming you selected the second option in order to receive a notification every time), do you receive an email notification for this new post? As for not being notified of private messages, I'm at a loss.

If you're up for it, you could just set your Head-Fi profile as your home page (like I do) to keep track of everything.

I dunno if someone did something, but it JUST worked when you replied.  This is the first email I've gotten from Head-fi since starting to get involved in the last few months.  I'll keep an eye on it.

By the way, I didn't change any settings at all, so perhaps a mod has repaired the problem :)

Thanks so much!

Jan 1, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #8 of 9
  I dunno if someone did something, but it JUST worked when you replied.  This is the first email I've gotten from Head-fi since starting to get involved in the last few months.  I'll keep an eye on it.

By the way, I didn't change any settings at all, so perhaps a mod has repaired the problem :)

Thanks so much!

It's possible that the act of going to your settings page activated it all, though I'm not sure why this would be the case.

No prob! Now just have someone PM you (or maybe even PM yourself?) to see if that notification works.

Jan 1, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #9 of 9

It's possible that the act of going to your settings page activated it all, though I'm not sure why this would be the case.

No prob! Now just have someone PM you (or maybe even PM yourself?) to see if that notification works.

Will do, thanks! :) I just got another email when you replied here so it's working consistently again, YAY!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back