Elysian Pilgrim
May 9, 2024 at 8:29 AM Post #151 of 353
I will conclude that I didn’t think that Pilgrim or Noir will challenge Anni or the be that “kilobuck” killer.
IMHO, at best they can stand against the current crop of kilobuck (think of Helios). When I A/B with Anni 2023, the pilgrim comes out way worse than how it sounds on its own without comparison.

To be fair, my U12t didn’t sound so good next to Anni 2023 either.

Edit: if I have one major complaint about Pilgrim, it would be that Lee plays a bit too safe with this one. I wish it sounds more explosive like Anni and Gaea rather than flat and forward.

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #153 of 353
IMHO, at best they can stand against the current crop of kilobuck (think of Helios). When I A/B with Anni 2023, the pilgrim comes out way worse than how it sounds on its own without comparison.

To be fair, my U12t didn’t sound so good next to Anni 2023 either.

Edit: if I have one major complaint about Pilgrim, it would be that Lee plays a bit too safe with this one. I wish it sounds more explosive like Anni and Gaea rather than flat and forward.

I listened to the Anni at CanJam next to the Pilgrim. Same tips. I'd pick the pilgrim every time and get something else with the $3K saved, like the Trifecta. The Pilgrim had a great overall sound, including a nice punchy bass, whereas the Anni sounded like something for trebleheads. Or for people that mostly listened to classical music or acoustic, etc...

Price does not mean anything to me unless I hear what I like. Yes I am drawn to higher priced IEM's because there is a perceived value marketing psychology going on there and sometimes they are better, but it's certainly no rule like you imply. I heard multiple multi kilobuck IEM's I'd still take my Quattro over or the Pilgrim.

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #154 of 353
Pilgrim Tour being announced this week :wink:

May 10, 2024 at 4:25 AM Post #155 of 353
I listened to the Anni at CanJam next to the Pilgrim. Same tips. I'd pick the pilgrim every time and get something else with the $3K saved, like the Trifecta. The Pilgrim had a great overall sound, including a nice punchy bass, whereas the Anni sounded like something for trebleheads. Or for people that mostly listened to classical music or acoustic, etc...

Price does not mean anything to me unless I hear what I like. Yes I am drawn to higher priced IEM's because there is a perceived value marketing psychology going on there and sometimes they are better, but it's certainly no rule like you imply. I heard multiple multi kilobuck IEM's I'd still take my Quattro over or the Pilgrim.
You lost me at the trifecta

May 10, 2024 at 10:17 AM Post #156 of 353

A powerful source goes a long way with Annihilator. It is a very difficult IEM to drive properly. I run it with a Shanling M9 in turbo mode which puts out 920mW @ 32ohm. Which source(s) did you use with Annihilator when you auditioned at CJ? When underpowered, it yields a very "treble forward" presentation with minimal bass.

I don't consider myself an outright bass head but I do require a substantial bass foundation in my IEMs to give a satisfying listening experience for my preferences. I've never been left wanting for any more punch or bass presence with Annihilator.

Pilgrim appears to be a much easier IEM to drive per its 101dB@1kHz sensitivity and 9ohm impedance. Compare that to Annihilator with a 94db@1khz sensitivity rating and
22ohm impedance.

May 10, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #158 of 353
Has anyone compared Pilgrim x I/O Volare? I know there's a good difference in price, but I wanted to know if Pilgrim gets there or if it's worth adding a little more money and maybe looking at Volare...
Look like quite different tunings to me, so probably more of a case of what you want, rather than which is better.

IMG_3181.png

May 10, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #159 of 353
Hey just wanted to let people know that I am getting a Pilgrim Noire and going to be comparing it to the OG Pilgrim when I Can. I'll put up a graph and review link in thread* when I can. If you have a specific suggestion let me know. I'd be happy to compare stuff, or answer questions when it's in.

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 3:25 PM Post #160 of 353
The Pilgrim is available for pre-order on Musicteck as of yesterday, but not the noir yet. No ETA is on their website though.

May 10, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #162 of 353
Hey just wanted to let people know that I am getting a Pilgrim Noire and going to be comparing it to the OG Pilgrim when I Can. I'll put up a graph and review link in thread* when I can. If you have a specific suggestion let me know. I'd be happy to compare stuff, or answer questions when it's in.
Time to throw out some crazy test scenarios because hey, you asked!

I'd be interested in your impressions between the two with a cable swap since that's a big chunk of the price difference.
OG with Noir cable
Noir with OG cable

Also, I think it'd be cool if you can use PEQ to get one's FR to graph like the other and then get your impressions on whether or not they sound the same. They use the same shell and drivers, just different tuning and crossover.

May 10, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #163 of 353
I would also be interested in comparing the Noir with the supernova, RSV, titan, Hype 10 and some other well-received sets in the kilobuck range (mostly because I'm thinking of expanding the collection lol).

May 10, 2024 at 4:08 PM Post #165 of 353

Congrats!! Hope you love it, and it'll will be nice to see how their tuning project worked out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back