Elysian Annihilator 2023
Apr 9, 2024 at 10:16 PM Post #646 of 783
Has anyone tried a Brise cable with the Anni? What'd you think?

Apr 10, 2024 at 9:53 AM Post #647 of 783
Yea I am definitely keeping my SP3000s , and I will definitely look into the PB5 tonight for some online reviews . I hope the amp will not change the signature too much with my IEMs .
If It’s possible, I think you should try first.

It’s all personal taste but I don’t like the Anni from the PB5. To me, It’s just „too much“, probably too much warmth coming from the PB5. Other than that, you can’t use Anni directly with the stock Liquid cable because it doesn’t fit into the 4.4 out of the PB5 physically. I used it with a custom super short extension cable.

I love the Anni together with the XDuoo XD05 Pro. This is another extremely powerful transportable amp, solid state without tubes, that is totally neutral from my pov. Perfect match with Anni, for me. But if you like the added warmth of the PB5, this will definitely also be an option. All a matter of taste.

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:04 PM Post #648 of 783
If It’s possible, I think you should try first.

It’s all personal taste but I don’t like the Anni from the PB5. To me, It’s just „too much“, probably too much warmth coming from the PB5. Other than that, you can’t use Anni directly with the stock Liquid cable because it doesn’t fit into the 4.4 out of the PB5 physically. I used it with a custom super short extension cable.

I love the Anni together with the XDuoo XD05 Pro. This is another extremely powerful transportable amp, solid state without tubes, that is totally neutral from my pov. Perfect match with Anni, for me. But if you like the added warmth of the PB5, this will definitely also be an option. All a matter of taste.
Thanks , I will look into that one also .

Apr 10, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #649 of 783
Yea I am definitely keeping my SP3000s , and I will definitely look into the PB5 tonight for some online reviews . I hope the amp will not change the signature too much with my IEMs .
Love the Anni 23 with my DX300 Max. Mostly use them with my desktop rig with gobs of power for them. The one thing I miss about the Traillii is their ability to play nearly the same all the way down to an iPhone dongle. One of their best features IMO.

Apr 10, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #650 of 783
Love the Anni 23 with my DX300 Max. Mostly use them with my desktop rig with gobs of power for them. The one thing I miss about the Traillii is their ability to play nearly the same all the way down to an iPhone dongle. One of their best features IMO.
That is good to know , thanks . I will also look into some DAPS , specifically the Ibasso MAX series also .

Apr 10, 2024 at 5:25 PM Post #652 of 783
Does anyone happen to know why there are so many Annis in Classified? What's going on here? 🫢

I wondered the same thing. I put my WTB out there and then within a few days there were four classified ads up! Pretty crazy.

Apr 10, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #653 of 783
Does anyone happen to know why there are so many Annis in Classified? What's going on here? 🫢

My guess is the bass. It's probably just not working out for some people, that's my guess. But we'd have to ask the sellers.

Apr 10, 2024 at 7:54 PM Post #654 of 783
Possible that folks are trying to sell while secondhand value and overall popularity are still high.

Eventually, Dio will come out and steal some of Annihilator’s thunder (even at the rumored $6k price point).

Apr 10, 2024 at 8:33 PM Post #655 of 783
My guess is the bass. It's probably just not working out for some people, that's my guess. But we'd have to ask the sellers.

Curious about this statement— what’s wrong the bass? Not enough? Too much? Texture?

Apr 10, 2024 at 8:56 PM Post #656 of 783
Curious about this statement— what’s wrong the bass? Not enough? Too much? Texture?
It's the biggest criticism of the Anni by far. By a longshot really. It's also consistent from enough users, and really while there are other criticisms of course, it has the biggest odds of being the main reason. There is a ton of talk abut this IEM on this forum in multiple threads. That is my observation from a ton of comments on these.

Apr 10, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #657 of 783
Is it true that QC and build quality for the Anni's are spotty? I was thinking about picking up a pair but I saw this online.

Apr 10, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #658 of 783
It's the biggest criticism of the Anni by far. By a longshot really. It's also consistent from enough users, and really while there are other criticisms of course, it has the biggest odds of being the main reason. There is a ton of talk abut this IEM on this forum in multiple threads. That is my observation from a ton of comments on these.

From my limited experience, the Anni’s bass tactility, quantity, and quality are quite good. That’s with the consideration that I’ve not heard the Subtonic Storm, CFA Trifecta, Trailii, Jewel, or any of the FatFreq lineup. Though, I can understand that there are IEMs, like the ones mentioned above, that are bassier or even more sub-bass focused, so I suppose people might expect more (?) from a flagship. Then again, I am nowhere near a self-proclaimed bass head.

Just strange that so many show up all at once. I was seeing one pop up maybe every couple weeks, but then a bunch in less than a week. Oh well, I’ll just continue to enjoy mine.

Apr 10, 2024 at 9:34 PM Post #659 of 783
From my limited experience, the Anni’s bass tactility, quantity, and quality are quite good. That’s with the consideration that I’ve not heard the Subtonic Storm, CFA Trifecta, Trailii, Jewel, or any of the FatFreq lineup. Though, I can understand that there are IEMs, like the ones mentioned above, that are bassier or even more sub-bass focused, so I suppose people might expect more (?) from a flagship. Then again, I am nowhere near a self-proclaimed bass head.

Just strange that so many show up all at once. I was seeing one pop up maybe every couple weeks, but then a bunch in less than a week. Oh well, I’ll just continue to enjoy mine.
This is exactly my experience as well. Anni 23 has plenty of bass as far as I'm concerned. There is better bass out there but it is definitely not lacking at all.

Apr 10, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #660 of 783
Anni 23 is definitely one of the best all-rounder. I also noticed the recent popping up sales, but the second-hand price is still very strong, compared to other recent hyped IEMs.

Regarding bass, it is of course subjected to personal preference, but to my ears, I feel the same level of enjoyment of bass as my Z1R though they are not the same. One example of bass preference is those who like CFA Bonneville, which I happened to be one of them: Bonneville is very mid-bass focused, unlike Anni or even Z1R in that regards. Somebody mentioned lack of detail and texture of Anni 23's bass, but I don't feel that way.

Anni 23 is absolutely one of the best in terms of detail retrieval, I can hear a clear difference between Anni 23 and my Z1R. The detail retrieval of Anni 23, however, does not give you any cold analytical feel, on the contrary, Anni 23 is very engaging and entertaining.

As a potential buyer, I do hope selfishly that the second-hand price will collapse and I will get a bargain, but I don't think this will happen in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back