Elysian Annihilator 2023
Mar 31, 2024 at 7:14 AM Post #602 of 802
What are the most affordable aftermarket cables for Anni 23? Any recommendations?
Fusion 1 - recommended from Lee personally.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that I could only really, really like Anni with Fusion 1. On the other hand, I don't want to do the experiment.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 7:25 AM Post #603 of 802
Fusion 1 - recommended from Lee personally.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that I could only really, really like Anni with Fusion 1. On the other hand, I don't want to do the experiment.
Thanks for the tip, are there any reviews / feedback on what exactly to expect compared to stock?

Mar 31, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #604 of 802
Thanks for the tip, are there any reviews / feedback on what exactly to expect compared to stock?
You can type "Fusion" in the search here or WT and you'll find some posts about it.

Now that I've read them, I'm somehow not so sure that Fusion 1 can be considered an "upgrade". I remembered it differently: comparatively a little brighter, less midbass(bloomy) and more mids - exactly what I personally wanted for Anni. ... even if this is still open, as my unit only had a handful of hours and was therefore without burn-in when I sold it.

Mar 31, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #605 of 802
If you have problems with landing, do not rush to get rid of anni, try less massive cables.I purchased a Chiron 4W and the problem with landing has disappeared completely for me personally, it is unclear why such a bulky cable is put to anni
Agreed. Fit / wear with the stock cable wasn’t a dealbreaker for me but I’ve since switched to a lightweight 4W cable with less bulky hardware and find overall comfort to be much improved. Especially when moving about. The LL Martini is a rather chunky cable with a heavy Y-splitter.

IMG_5498.jpeg

What are the most affordable aftermarket cables for Anni 23? Any recommendations?
The most affordable cables that I’ve seen that come with the Pentaconn Ear connectors as standard are these Acoustune cables. Not sure how they “sound” but they look well constructed.

Mar 31, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #606 of 802
Agreed. Fit / wear with the stock cable wasn’t a dealbreaker for me but I’ve since switched to a lightweight 4W cable with less bulky hardware and find overall comfort to be much improved. Especially when moving about. The LL Martini is a rather chunky cable with a heavy Y-splitter.

IMG_5498.jpeg

The most affordable cables that I’ve seen that come with the Pentaconn Ear connectors as standard are these Acoustune cables. Not sure how they “sound” but they look well constructed.
Thank you!!

Which one do you use?

Mar 31, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #607 of 802
Thank you!!

Which one do you use?
Khanyayo (Doctor Juggles) “Impi” cable with EA ConX connectors. It’s a graphene coated SPC wire. I don’t hear much difference compared to Martini… maybe a smidge tighter in the bass but that’s it. The big plus for me is wearability. Much lighter than Martini.

Mar 31, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #608 of 802
Khanyayo (Doctor Juggles) “Impi” cable with EA ConX connectors. It’s a graphene coated SPC wire. I don’t hear much difference compared to Martini… maybe a smidge tighter in the bass but that’s it. The big plus for me is wearability. Much lighter than Martini.
Thank you for the Info. I already purchased a Cable from him in the past and I will drop him a Message 👍

Plus I don’t mind Cable Sound 😄

Edit - I’m looking for a little more comfort and a regularly sized 4.4 plug as my incoming new amp will be incompatible with the fancy Martini plug 🫤

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #609 of 802
I recently tried the Anni Ti and Gold. I didnt like Annihilator at first a few months ago when i try it with SP3K. Until i tried with other source yesterday and i was mind blown. I even compare it with Subtonic Storm which have the best technicalities right now IMO. But... Annihilator is the best Vocals IMO right now. It was insanely good make me grab my wallet immediately but i remember i have responsibilities. Now i am sad..... :frowning2:
I personally feel the vocal is a bit further with stock cable.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 6:54 AM Post #610 of 802
On the topic of tips and cables, what is the current trend for neutral/reference but technically excellent.

Seems W1 and Baroque are popular.

Looking for recommendations for a 2 pin to IPX adapter also 😆
I can’t find them on the musicteck website.

Oh why, oh why are the Anni not 0.78mm

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 7:47 AM Post #611 of 802
On the topic of tips and cables, what is the current trend for neutral/reference but technically excellent.

I can’t find them on the musicreck website.

At the moment, I really like anni with the black nozzles from Mest2.

Apr 1, 2024 at 9:05 AM Post #612 of 802

I think It’s all about preference. I’m not sure if you can alter an IEM from colored to neutral just with tips. And the Annihilator will be technically excellent with every tip, if the fit is good and sealed.

I like the W1 best with my Anni, also because of comfort. The nozzles are slightly larger than average and I had fit issues with some others. With W1 Anni fits like a glove to me.

Apr 1, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #613 of 802

AliExpress has the adapters you're after (0.78mm 2-pin to Pentaconn Ear / Acoustune).

1711977303537.png

I've not tried them but I believe a few others that frequent this thread have.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 9:43 AM Post #614 of 802
AliExpress has the adapters you're after (0.78mm 2-pin to Pentaconn Ear / Acoustune).

1711977303537.png

I've not tried them but I believe a few others that frequent this thread have.
Yes, they work well but a) they are pretty expensive for such small items, b) they are adapters and somehow that does not feel right, at least to me. They also make the cable sit higher up. I bought another Fusion 1 and will be using that with Annihilator. I may have the connectors on the Martini changed to 2-pin, otherwise it would be gathering dust.

Apr 1, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #615 of 802
Yes, they work well but a) they are pretty expensive for such small items, b) they are adapters and somehow that does not feel right, at least to me. They also make the cable sit higher up. I bought another Fusion 1 and will be using that with Annihilator. I may have the connectors on the Martini changed to 2-pin, otherwise it would be gathering dust.
Yeah, they do seem quite expensive for what they are. Adapters will never be as elegant a solution as a cable with the correct connector. ConX seems to be a good option and I've been happy with my cable that has ConX connectors. Considering having Martini changed over to ConX now that you mention it, as mine is in fact collecting dust currently.

Fusion 1 seems to be a universally liked cable for not crazy money. Will also match nicely with the gold faceplated Annihilator!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back