Elysian Annihilator 2023
Nov 3, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #301 of 797
Agreed. Elysian worked hard on improving the clarity of the resin and it stands out most with the gold. I also think the gold looks best with the Liquid Links cable.
How do you like it?

Nov 3, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #303 of 797
Nov 3, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #304 of 797
I’ll write a satirical op-ed like Andy Rooney. They’re the same price so it’s a valid comparison.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #305 of 797
Order placed 🎊 can’t wait. For those interested, around 21th November Andrew is gonna restock some Anni, matter of facts I’m one of the buyer. Just saying.

Nov 4, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #306 of 797
Order placed 🎊 can’t wait. For those interested, around 21th November Andrew is gonna restock some Anni, matter of facts I’m one of the buyer. Just saying.
Congrats. Based on my experience I would factor in a delay of 3-4 weeks. Hopefully not, but always good to manage expectations.

In any case, I’m enjoying these IEMs a lot, so it’s worth the wait.

Nov 4, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #307 of 797
Thanks. Im happy enough if it’s shipped before Christmas.

Nov 4, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #308 of 797
titanium looks best imo. i would trade my gold for a titanium if i could.

as an aside, these sound so good. definitely a step up from my old Z1R and U12t. such a great all rounder with underrated bass, lovely and slightly forward mids (which i want) and treble that will blow you away.

my new setup is iphone -> BT Spotify to MUB1 -> Anni with Velvets tips. tried Qobuz on the HiBy R6 Pro II which maybe sounds a teeny bit better but it’s imperceptible to my ears for my use cases (walking and commuting outside.)

Nov 4, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #309 of 797
I ordered my Anni on 13 September but I haven’t heard anything yet. I was kind of letting the time pass by as I know it can take quite a while for the order to be fulfilled. It’s been nearly 8 weeks now and so I should probably check on the status of the order to see where things are.

Nov 4, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #310 of 797
I ordered my Anni on 13 September but I haven’t heard anything yet. I was kind of letting the time pass by as I know it can take quite a while for the order to be fulfilled. It’s been nearly 8 weeks now and so I should probably check on the status of the order to see where things are.
You ordered from the wrong retailer I am afraid.

Nov 8, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #311 of 797
Yesterday I received the velvet tips (I use the M size) and I'm trying them after the Sedna Xelastec that I am used to.

Velvet seal is slightly better, so the subbass/bass frequencies are more present, and I like it. At the same time I can't hear any difference on treble, that are always sparkling and forward.
Soundstage seems a little bit wider, maybe for the better sealing.

Like every other silicone tips, there are a small line all around the tips (see picture) that could make them a little bit less comfortable than Xelastec (it's just a first impression). The Xelastec have none and have a full smooth surface.
It's about 1 hour I am using Velvets and I can feel a little bit that damn line, let's see for the rest of the day.

1699441970614.jpg

For now I can say that I've found my new fav tips.
Thanks @FunnyMark to let me know them! :L3000:

Nov 8, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #312 of 797
Yesterday I received the velvet tips (I use the M size) and I'm trying them after the Sedna Xelastec that I am used to.

Velvet seal is slightly better, so the subbass/bass frequencies are more present, and I like it. At the same time I can't hear any difference on treble, that are always sparkling and forward.
Soundstage seems a little bit wider, maybe for the better sealing.

Like every other silicone tips, there are a small line all around the tips (see picture) that could make them a little bit less comfortable than Xelastec (it's just a first impression). The Xelastec have none and have a full smooth surface.
It's about 1 hour I am using Velvets and I can feel a little bit that damn line, let's see for the rest of the day.

1699441970614.jpg

For now I can say that I've found my new fav tips.
Thanks @FunnyMark to let me know them! :L3000:
I hope the velvets work out for you. I’ve bought some Spinfit Omni to try out but I’m interested in the velvets too.

Nov 9, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #313 of 797
The Titanium faceplate has a mesmerizing quality to it with nuances only observable in person.

I still think the Gold is iconic looking, but this really exudes an extra premium quality to it.

Oh and did I mention it’s my favorite iem :)

IMG_3032.jpeg
IMG_3033.jpeg
IMG_3036.jpeg
IMG_3031.jpeg

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 9, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #314 of 797
The Titanium faceplate has a mesmerizing quality to it with nuances only observable in person.

I still think the Gold is iconic looking, but this really exudes an extra premium quality to it.

Lovely!

I'm curious how it measures vs your previous one?:blush:

Nov 9, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #315 of 797

Nice photos. The Annihilator 2023 is great in all three colors. And as a designer and idolator of perfect workmanship of any kind, I’m very impressed with Lee Quan Min’s work on the engineering, product, and packaging designs— he’s delivered something more special and technically capable than what even large IEM manufacturers with hundreds of employees have brought to the market in decades. And it’s for that reason the signature gold he’s used on the IEM, cable, and box are iconic.
1702123818697.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back