Elysian Annihilator 2023
Nov 1, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #286 of 797
My Anni 23 was sounding brilliant in the few hours I got on it during burn-in. But today, with more listening, the left monitor keeps cutting out. I've tried several cables and it's the same problem each time. Does anyone know whether that is a known issue, or a potential remedy, before I send it back for service?
Bummer. Sounds like a defect to me.

Nov 1, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #287 of 797
My Anni 23 was sounding brilliant in the few hours I got on it during burn-in. But today, with more listening, the left monitor keeps cutting out. I've tried several cables and it's the same problem each time. Does anyone know whether that is a known issue, or a potential remedy, before I send it back for service?
If you're using EA cables, make sure the conX connectors are tight. I had a loose conX connector at one point where I had to twist some more to tighten it.

My Diva also kept cutting out on the right side. Turns out the pentaconnEar pin in the IEM was a bit recessed. After cable swapping a few times, the pin gradually went further down into the monitor and I lost audio on the right side completely. I had to send it in for service and they replaced it with a new set. Hopefully that's not your issue. Maybe remove the cable connections and compare the size of the pins on both monitors.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 7:56 PM Post #288 of 797
That very helpful, thank you. My Anni's P-ear pin does seem prone to jiggling from the IEM connector, so it must not be fully set into position, as your Diva's wasn't. I suspect I'll be sending this back to them for service. Too bad they are half a world away from me :frowning2:

Nov 1, 2023 at 8:04 PM Post #289 of 797
I hope it will be resolved as swiftly as possible.

I haven’t changed the cable on it yet. Don’t really feel the need to but I received the conx p ear module today so at a minimum I’ll try an EA cable to see if it all works properly. 🤞

Nov 1, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #290 of 797
My problem started with a roll to a ConX P-ear connected cable (EA Cleo II), swapping from the Martini. I had just gotten the P-ear module from AliExpress. That cable roll was when I started to notice the cutting-out, even when going back to the Martini. But IEMs are supposed to be able to handle cable rolling.

Nov 2, 2023 at 1:42 AM Post #291 of 797
My problem started with a roll to a ConX P-ear connected cable (EA Cleo II), swapping from the Martini. I had just gotten the P-ear module from AliExpress. That cable roll was when I started to notice the cutting-out, even when going back to the Martini. But IEMs are supposed to be able to handle cable rolling.
Oh man, I'm really sorry for you and I really hope the problem is solved quickly and easily!

Do I understand it correctly that the problem is caused by the P-ear modules? Are these official EA-ConX modules or any from AliExpress?

Nov 2, 2023 at 4:32 AM Post #292 of 797
Maybe the issue was caused by the P-ear module, that could be not fully compliant with the official Pentacon specs and damaged the Anni's connector :sweat:

Nov 3, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #294 of 797
After lots of testing, the problem is in the left monitor itself. I've tried both the stock Martini and a cable with an EA ConX P-ear adapter. In both cases, the sound cut out more and more over the first 5 days I had the Anni. The angle the cable and connector went into the monitor determined whether there was sound or not.

It is a bummer. I was really enjoying it for a few days there while I was burning in the Anni. Fortunately, Andrew from MT has been amazing at customer service as always. He has arranged for Lee at Elysian to send me a set of replacement buds directly. I'm sending my current set back to Andrew for him to process. Props to Elysian and Andrew.

It's the first time I've ever had this issue with an IEM. Maybe it's surprising this kind of defect doesn't happen more often in these very complex little units. Given what is charged, there needs to be thorough quality control, but sometimes errors like this get out there to consumers.

Nov 3, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #295 of 797
After lots of testing, the problem is in the left monitor itself. I've tried both the stock Martini and a cable with an EA ConX P-ear adapter. In both cases, the sound cut out more and more over the first 5 days I had the Anni. The angle the cable and connector went into the monitor determined whether there was sound or not.

It is a bummer. I was really enjoying it for a few days there while I was burning in the Anni. Fortunately, Andrew from MT has been amazing at customer service as always. He has arranged for Lee at Elysian to send me a set of replacement buds directly. I'm sending my current set back to Andrew for him to process. Props to Elysian and Andrew.

It's the first time I've ever had this issue with an IEM. Maybe it's surprising this kind of defect doesn't happen more often in these very complex little units. Given what is charged, there needs to be thorough quality control, but sometimes errors like this get out there to consumers.
Hope this gets resolved quicky.

Also see you have Mentor and now Anni23, two of my faves. Curious how you find they compare :)

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 3, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #296 of 797
For the brief time I had Anni 23, I found it to be far more dynamic and punchy than Mentor. The treble is brighter, crisper, and not spiky or sibilant. Mentor meanwhile has tizz and spikes in the high end at points for me that are off-putting. Mids on Anni aren't close to Mentor's. Bass on Anni is significantly better, not surprising since it has DD. I find Mentor's BCD to sound pillowy and not always effective for the low end. Anni has lots of stage breadth and depth but not as much as Mentor.

Anni and Mentor are like apples and oranges for me. But given what I described, it's why I have Mentor listed in Classifieds but believe Anni will be a longer term keeper (assuming my replacement set isn't also defective!).

Nov 3, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #297 of 797
I’m about to preorder the Anni, what color? 😆

Nov 3, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #298 of 797
Nov 3, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #299 of 797
Yep, the one I’m oriented to. Come on guys talk about that treble, encourage me, that’s big money 😅

Nov 3, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #300 of 797
Gold of course
Agreed. Elysian worked hard on improving the clarity of the resin and it stands out most with the gold. I also think the gold looks best with the Liquid Links cable. Aesthetically, the titanium version just doesn’t work as well because of the grain in the faceplate. The shell forms an effective spherical lens and the highly polished gold and stainless steel faceplates reflect more light through the resin and that creates the illusion of more depth/luminosity (See example).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back