Elysian Annihilator 2023
Oct 20, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #256 of 877
Nice!

Just one more to add to the list I feel can be top 3/top 5:
- Acoustune AEX70
The Velvets sound the best to my ears but AEX07 are probably second best that I’ve tried.

Oct 20, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #257 of 877
I'm using the Sedna Xelastec and I feel them more confortable than the Spinfit. Sound is similar.
I am curious about the Velvets, I've just ordered them :)

Oct 24, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #258 of 877
IMG_8284.jpeg
IMG_8286.jpeg

So, with less time than anytime, i managed to roll sources with the Anni, precious sound with SP3000, SR35 and P6pro, then it cames the Hugo2/C9 combo, with high gain, Transistor and type A amplifier…
And holy crap how it sings this IEM, the amplification gives more body to the sound, better soundstage, more defined bass rumble, better separation and keep the beautiful highs, on the other hand, it became a solid all rounder that moves fluidly between genres without problems.
Definitely the Annihilator 2023 takes big sound benefits if you plug it with a more power source. :beyersmile:

Oct 24, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #259 of 877
Probably the best possible portable setup there @orifiel, nice! I can also attest to the Annis scaling great with amplification. I have bought the Violectric V550 Pro just for the Annis (for now, DCA Expanse might follow) and they're now truly on a different level, even when comparing to amps like the Audio-gd Master 9 and Benchmark HPA4. While doing the comparison I had a hard time because I just wanted to keep listening to the Violectric :L3000:

I actually decided to sell my whole Raal SR1a setup, because the Annis have 90% of its strengths and none of its weaknesses. Just a way more cohesive and musical presentation overall. Until I heard the Annis for the first time at CanJam London, I did not think that was possible without giving up a lot of detail, speed and clarity. But the SR1a still hold their title for most convincing speaker replacement to be fair.

Oct 25, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #260 of 877
Received my Anni2023 last week and have been listening to it nonstop. Absolutely love it.

I did try it with a RU7 dongle which I find good enough however this dongle drains my phone battery like no other. I guess I will be demo-ing some DAPs.

Will be trying R6 Pro II, M9, N8ii, N7, DX320 Max, WM1ZM2 - any other suggestions?

Oct 25, 2023 at 5:15 AM Post #261 of 877
any other suggestions?
I am using an iFi Gryphon with my phone/PC and I have a big, big problem.

I would never want to take them out of my ears. They are simply astounding from all perspectives: tuning, resolution, separation, texture. They are great with all musical genres too. I do really love them.
Lee made an amazing magic with these IEM :heart_eyes:

Oct 25, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #262 of 877
Received my Anni2023 last week and have been listening to it nonstop. Absolutely love it.

I did try it with a RU7 dongle which I find good enough however this dongle drains my phone battery like no other. I guess I will be demo-ing some DAPs.

Will be trying R6 Pro II, M9, N8ii, N7, DX320 Max, WM1ZM2 - any other suggestions?
I will receive my RU7 today and will probably run into the same situation, but I really don't like the concept of DAPs. Maybe just carrying a power bank instead of a DAP is an alternative, however DAPs of course bring better sound quality to the table. You can also look into devices like Earmen Angel, iFi Diablo, Chord Mojo 2, Cayin C9 that have their own power source if that is an option for you

Oct 25, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #263 of 877
DAPs of course bring better sound quality to the table
Why? If you have a good DAC, I can't see any difference with a DAP.

Oct 25, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #264 of 877
Why? If you have a good DAC, I can't see any difference with a DAP.
Because the Annis scale so good with better amplification. I can only attest that they are a completely different IEM on the Violectric V550 Pro compared to my Go Pods. But I still have to figure out where I draw the line of "good enough" for portable, which might be a dongle or might have to be something more powerful like the C9

Oct 25, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #265 of 877
Because the Annis scale so good with better amplification. I can only attest that they are a completely different IEM on the Violectric V550 Pro compared to my Go Pods. But I still have to figure out where I draw the line of "good enough" for portable, which might be a dongle or might have to be something more powerful like the C9
OK, but my point was that there's no difference between using a DAC/Amp or a DAP + Amp.
My iFi Gryphon has 1W@32Ohm of power output per channel and is more than enough to drive the Anni, trust me.

Oct 25, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #266 of 877
Hi everyone, got my Annihilator 2023 last week and the sound is awesome! I just dislike the cable and would like to get a more lightweight one that is similar to the THIEAUDIO OCEANIA but supports Pentaconn connectors. Do you guys have any recommendation for that? Thanks a lot already!

Oct 25, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #267 of 877
OK, but my point was that there's no difference between using a DAC/Amp or a DAP + Amp.
My iFi Gryphon has 1W@32Ohm of power output per channel and is more than enough to drive the Anni, trust me.
Oh yes, I agree. My point was that DAPs will have better sound quality than dongles, as I suggested @injustica could use a power bank and his RU7 instead of a DAP if only battery drain is a problem.

Actually I just got my RU7 and I agree, it is definitely enough for portable. Compared it to Earmen Angel, which is more resolving and clean, but not worth the extra weight and hassle for me.

Oct 26, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #268 of 877
Those of you who have Anni2023....a courtesy: Listen to this song and give me your opinion on the performance of Anni2023. Thank you in advance :

PS: From minute 3.30 onwards especially.......

Oct 27, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #269 of 877
Those of you who have Anni2023....a courtesy: Listen to this song and give me your opinion on the performance of Anni2023. Thank you in advance :

PS: From minute 3.30 onwards especially.......

Listened on Tidal (24bit 96kHz) and it's pretty amazing on Anni, as every other tracks I am listening: no issue at all even after 3:30 :wink:

BTW, thank you for let me know it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back