Elysian Annihilator 2023
May 22, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #826 of 874
I still like them with azla vivid, but now for me the best nozzles are spinfit w1 or omni, in terms of convenience and sound, this is the top for me right now
I have the Azla vivids; how the hell do you put them on!!! Anni's nozzle is crazy thick for the Azla Vivid's nozzle bore.

EDIT: Nvm, there must be some Head-fi magic going on. Managed to put them on right after I posted this (and i've been trying for 15 mins previously)

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #827 of 874
I have the Azla vivids; how the hell do you put them on!!! Anni's nozzle is crazy thick for the Azla Vivid's nozzle bore.

EDIT: Nvm, there must be some Head-fi magic going on. Managed to put them on right after I posted this (and i've been trying for 15 mins previously)
Guys, the AZLA go in very easily: It can be expanded with a pair of scissors by inserting the closed shell and opening it slightly and slowly again and again.

May 22, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #828 of 874

If you read back a few posts, we were discussing on tips on how to fit Azla rubber insert more easily on the wider nozzle of the Anni.

May 22, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #829 of 874
If you read back a few posts, we were discussing on tips on how to fit Azla rubber insert more easily on the wider nozzle of the Anni.
Is it the scissors method? Thanks, I'll implement that moving forward.

May 22, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #830 of 874
Btw, I have seen you have heard/own IER-M9 and Nightjar Singularity, what IEM you liked better with it warm and relaxed sound signature? I think such IEMS are great to combine in pair with something like Anni 2023 with its aggressive and engaging/bright sound
I prefer the Singularity because it's more realistic in tuning and dynamics are superior to M9, but the M9 has the edge in imaging/ staging and a generally more open sound.

M9 has darker mids, Singularity mids are very nicely in line with IEF target, which can sometimes be a bit more tiring.

Singularity sounds a lot like Anni23 with a treble shelf cut-off; IER-M9 is its own thing, more width and stage effect, softened dynamics. It may be a better complement pair.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
May 23, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #831 of 874
A disaster just hit me: my new Annihilator 2023’s left channel started losing volume to the point of mute, making my heart skip a beat. I fiddled with the left pentaconn ear barrel and adjusted it a bit. There was some distortion in the left IEM, but then the volume came back if press it in an angle.

Luckily, I had a demo Pilgrim Noir next to me, so I switched to the Noir cable, and everything was fine. It turns out the Liquid Ink Martini cable is the problem, as I tested it with the Noir, and the same issue persisted.

Honestly, I’m disappointed. It’s only the second day with my Anni, and for such an expensive IEM with a long wait time, the quality control is lacking.
I’ll head to the local shop tomorrow to see what can be done.

May 23, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #832 of 874
A disaster just hit me: my new Annihilator 2023’s left channel started losing volume to the point of mute, making my heart skip a beat. I fiddled with the left pentaconn ear barrel and adjusted it a bit. There was some distortion in the left IEM, but then the volume came back if press it in an angle.

Luckily, I had a demo Pilgrim Noir next to me, so I switched to the Noir cable, and everything was fine. It turns out the Liquid Ink Martini cable is the problem, as I tested it with the Noir, and the same issue persisted.

Honestly, I’m disappointed. It’s only the second day with my Anni, and for such an expensive IEM with a long wait time, the quality control is lacking.
Sorry to hear that. Your dealer should be able to contact Elysian and get the cable swapped out to a new one.

As someone who’s dealt with a lot of qc issues this past year, I know how devastating it can feel.

May 23, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #833 of 874

On the bright side, at least it's only the cable problem 😁 relatively simple fix. I can't imagine how I'd feel if it was an Anni problem.

May 23, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #834 of 874

Hello Capunk. Dont worry. I have sometime same problem. Rootcost are not cable Martini, but pentacon effect audio connector what you must plug in Anni. Only try to disconnect problematic connector from anni. By hand screw pentacon small gold connector to the body(To the right side). And i expecting cable are back live. I think in set from effect audio there are tool for tight it. But i cannot check now. Out from home now. But anni i have with me. Try this and write if help.

Look here at photo
20240523_193025.jpg

Here tool from CONX set
Bez názvu.jpg

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #835 of 874
Hello Capunk. Dont worry. I have sometime same problem. Rootcost are not cable Martini, but pentacon effect audio connector what you must plug in Anni. Only try to disconnect problematic connector from anni. By hand screw pentacon small gold connector to the body(To the right side). And i expecting cable are back live. I think in set from effect audio there are tool for tight it. But i cannot check now. Out from home now. But anni i have with me. Try this and write if help.

Look here at photo

Here tool from CONX set
Bez názvu.jpg
This advice will not help him, he does not have removable connectors on the cable

May 23, 2024 at 11:37 PM Post #836 of 874

Look here at photo
20240523_193025.jpg

Here tool from CONX set
Bez názvu.jpg
Hey mate, unfortunately my cable isn't equipped with ConX, so i can't twist nor tighten then pin (tried already).
I also tried to clean it up with dry microfiber cloth but no luck, so i guess back to the shop.

May 25, 2024 at 8:12 AM Post #838 of 874
Just demoed the SE300, D16 and compared them to my H7.

SE300 (NOS and AMP class A): best dynamics, more forward vocal presentation, less dry and sibilant with the most engaging listening experience for vocal driven music and classical.

D16 (high gain): much drier, better soundstage and seperation. More analytical with thightest bass presentation. Vocals are a not as centered.
Best sound for electronic music. Had to use 3.5mm adapter (LL cable can’t be plugged in to the 4.4mm port).

H7: In between those two. Close to the SE300 in dynamics and vocal presentation but a bit more sibilant. Soundstage a little smaller, least defined bass with little subbass bloom on certain tracks.

SE300>H7>D16.

Just unlucky that AK implemented a CPU that’s almost as slow as my Nokia 3310

May 25, 2024 at 8:44 AM Post #839 of 874

SE300 (NOS and AMP class A): best dynamics, more forward vocal presentation, less dry and sibilant with the most engaging listening experience for vocal driven music and classical.

D16 (high gain): much drier, better soundstage and seperation. More analytical with thightest bass presentation. Vocals are a not as centered.
Best sound for electronic music. Had to use 3.5mm adapter (LL cable can’t be plugged in to the 4.4mm port).

H7: In between those two. Close to the SE300 in dynamics and vocal presentation but a bit more sibilant. Soundstage a little smaller, least defined bass with little subbass bloom on certain tracks.

SE300>H7>D16.

…and that software. Streaming has been around for 15 years now.

May 25, 2024 at 9:43 AM Post #840 of 874

SE300>H7>D16.

You can always unlock full Android mode + root on AK players, you just gotta follow the steps on NPAudio Boards, I'm not sure if the SE300 has a guide for that yet but the SE200 might have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back