Elma Ladder Atteunater Group buy
Aug 19, 2004 at 5:36 AM Post #137 of 182
Its 50k, notice I have couple holes I need to fill, I am currently looking for 249, 4.99k, 10k, 24.9k ohm resistors, mouser is out of stock on all of them and newark only have two of the above.

Aug 19, 2004 at 1:13 PM Post #138 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerry1130
Its 50k, notice I have couple holes I need to fill, I am currently looking for 249, 4.99k, 10k, 24.9k ohm resistors, mouser is out of stock on all of them and newark only have two of the above.

Well...how badly do you want them? Allied Electronics has them, but...only in quantities of 100. http://www.alliedelec.com

This might be where a group buy would come in handy...in 100 piece quantities, Allied averages about 6.7 cents per resistor - about 10 cents less than Mouser's single quantity price.

-Drew

Aug 19, 2004 at 2:03 PM Post #139 of 182
looks like I missed out on this one
frown.gif

oh well, not building the dynahi for a long time anyways...

Aug 19, 2004 at 4:00 PM Post #140 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by drewd
Well...how badly do you want them? Allied Electronics has them, but...only in quantities of 100. http://www.alliedelec.com

This might be where a group buy would come in handy...in 100 piece quantities, Allied averages about 6.7 cents per resistor - about 10 cents less than Mouser's single quantity price.

-Drew

On the RN60 resistors Mouser's single price is .21 per resistor which would be almost a .15 per resistor savings. I am going to start a new thread to see how many people would be interested in a group buy.

Aug 19, 2004 at 10:21 PM Post #141 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by CBMC
They have all been accounted for. If you want me to I can check into getting one switch for you at the $70.04 price(I am not sure they will do that), but that would probably cost at least $88 since I would have to pay the $10 or so shipping from Elma and then ship it to you. If anyone else is interested I will look into it but I don't know if Elma will even do it for the same price.

I was just checking to see if there were any extras, I don't want to make your life more difficult
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks anyways.

Aug 19, 2004 at 10:22 PM Post #142 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
looks like I missed out on this one
frown.gif

oh well, not building the dynahi for a long time anyways...

Just talked to Elma. Unfortunately there was just a price increase(August 1) on the switches so now the switches cost a couple of dollars more per switch but the good new I can still get them at quantity price(even though it is higher because of the price increase). If anyone is interested let me know. The price per switch will depend on the amount of people interested because of shipping charges. One switch would cost about $88(estimate) shipped, more would be cheaper. Let me know if anyone wants anymore.

Aug 19, 2004 at 10:24 PM Post #143 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by Super-Gonzo
I was just checking to see if there were any extras, I don't want to make your life more difficult
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks anyways.

It really isn't that big of a deal if you want them. I just have to make a phone call and then ship them to you(about 15 minutes of work).

Aug 20, 2004 at 3:32 AM Post #144 of 182
If anyone does end up buying some more, I'll take another one - got in on the dynahi buy and now I have two very nice amp projects and only one attenutor. Alternatively, he could have mine when you get it and you could buy two from elma and have 'em sent directly to me (if no one else wants more)

Aug 21, 2004 at 5:09 AM Post #145 of 182
Still no sign of the remaining attenuators. Since they didn't arrive today it means that I will not be getting them until Monday since they where delivered UPS. I thought that a package shipped on Tuesday from California to Missouri would arrive to me by Friday. Sorry for the wait, I promise I will mail them out the day I get them(which should be Monday).

Aug 21, 2004 at 6:07 AM Post #146 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by CBMC
It really isn't that big of a deal if you want them. I just have to make a phone call and then ship them to you(about 15 minutes of work).

Well I would be interested in 1, if its do-able, (and of course, if the price is better than buying it myself.)

I really appreciate the help!

Aug 21, 2004 at 4:06 PM Post #147 of 182
Super-Gonzo, phiodox and jnewman if you are seriously interested I will order 3 more switches Monday(assuming no one else wants any). With 3 people ordering they should come to around $85 per switch shipped. If anyone else is interested the price would go down slightly because of shipping from Elma. If you are interested let me know.

Aug 22, 2004 at 10:38 PM Post #148 of 182
Since there were several people interested still in Attenuators I talked to Elma and was told that I could still receive the switches at a discounted rate. There was a slight increase in price(about $3 per switch). The price on the 2nd batch will be $85 per switch shipped. I have updated the first thread with a list of people who have confirmed their interest in a switch. I will set the deadline for these for Friday, August 27 by noon(Central Time). If you are interested send me a paypal e-mail(or let me know if you want to pay using a different method) and the amount of switches you want and I will send out an invoice.

Aug 23, 2004 at 12:38 AM Post #150 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by was ist los?
Any word on the last of the first batch?

They were shipped out on Tuesday from Elma to me. They should be here by Monday. I will let you know tomorrow if they arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back