Elma Ladder Atteunater Group buy
Jul 21, 2004 at 8:45 AM Post #79 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by trbegeman
Don't sweat it. I don't think anyone will mind a delay of a few days.
If you do happen to need more money just say something.
Thanks for organizing this group buy.

same here, i don't need it anytime soon at all so take your time.

Jul 21, 2004 at 1:40 PM Post #80 of 182
ditto

Jul 21, 2004 at 7:54 PM Post #83 of 182
A couple of people have mentioned a resistor group buy. Is anyone organizing it? What watt resistors? Is there a preference on type?

Jul 21, 2004 at 8:42 PM Post #84 of 182
I know the Vishay-Dale RN-60 fit. They are 1/4 watt resistors. You might be able to buy some more expensive resistors but I don't know how much bang for the buck you would be getting. If a resistor group buy was done I would suggest the Vishay-Dale unless someone has a better idea. Depending on what value your pot was set to I don't know how beneficial a group buy on resistors would be. Many of the values you only use 1 for each channel. So if you had 41 group buys then you would have about 100 resistors. The discount for 100 resistors from mouser is 5 cents. On the values were you need multiple resistors and could purchase in quantites over 500 the price would be .09 which is a 12 cent savings. Purchasing not in bulk the resistors come to about $20 from mouser. Let me know what you guys think.

Jul 27, 2004 at 12:20 AM Post #86 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by CBMC
no sign of the ladders yet.

hehe, you got me all excited there when I saw a new post for this thread.
tongue.gif
thanks for keeping us updated though.

Jul 27, 2004 at 6:11 AM Post #87 of 182
Today I got a receipt for part of the order on my credit card(I ordered several pieces on my credit card since I didn't have quite enough on my paypal). No money has came out of my paypal account yet. I called today but was told they were out for lunch and forgot to call back. I plan on calling again tomorrow and get everything straightened out. Will let you know whats up tomorrow.

Jul 27, 2004 at 8:19 PM Post #88 of 182
Unfortunately they only sent the 5 switches that I had ordered on my credit card.
confused.gif
For some reason they thought that I wanted the other 26 switches that they had in stock sent with the 10 swithces on backorder. I talked to Elma today and cleared it up. They will be sending the 26 switches tomorrow and the other 10 when they receive them. I will start shipping the switches tomorrow. (obviousley, only the 5 I have on hand)

Jul 27, 2004 at 10:14 PM Post #89 of 182
DOH!!

i can wait for the other ones....

whats the lead time on the backorder parts?

i might just let someone else ahead of me in line since i am a tad short on the cash to buy the rest of the amp parts

Jul 27, 2004 at 11:33 PM Post #90 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by intlplby
DOH!!

i can wait for the other ones....

whats the lead time on the backorder parts?

i might just let someone else ahead of me in line since i am a tad short on the cash to buy the rest of the amp parts

They told me 2-3 weeks. Right now I will just use the order in which people sent me requests to decide who gets the first shipment. I have already sent out 4 of the 5 I have already received today. The remaining 26 of the first shipment should be here by next Monday. Elma didn't take money out of my paypal account today.
confused.gif
Hopefully they will tomorrow, if not then I will make another call Thursday. The problem with calling them is the guy I dealt with is on vacation and the lady at elma really didn't know what she was doing. Its already been this long, I guess a few more days won't be that big of a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back