Eliciting the best deal from BMG ...
Jun 20, 2002 at 5:09 PM Post #16 of 18
Hmm, now i'm starting to get the urge to rejoin and get all those boxsets, they had some great savings on those.

As for canceling, do what i do: just write on the card your sending back "Please cancel my membership." Worked everytime for me, i assume you can also email customer service to do the same thing.

Jul 18, 2002 at 5:49 AM Post #17 of 18
Just got the 'Buy 1 get the rest for $1.99 each' deal. Works well, since the per-disk cost ends up approaching $4.78. I'm about to put through a 30-disk order. ...

kerelybonto

Jul 18, 2002 at 8:12 PM Post #18 of 18
Overall, BMG is better. Their prices are better and their selection is better.

After you complete your membership obligation (to either club) you can ask them to quit making you respond to mailings. Before you complete your obligation you can respond on-line, which is no big deal at all. And even if you forget, you can just write "return to sender" on anything they send you. I guess if you do it enough they will cancel your membership and send you a bill for your obligation, but you can do it a few times before that happens.

Since I've been a member of BMG since 97 and they have offered to let me do the 12 for 1 thing a couple of times (but I didn'); I'm probably going to ask them to let me rejoin again here fairly soon. They'll probably do it.

One other thing a bit off topic, the Columbiahouse DVD club absolutely kicks ass. Their prices are quite good; you get brand new stuff as soon as it is released, and they run free shipping deals frequently (so far). Their selection is outstanding as well. I highly recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back