Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Dec 21, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #5,266 of 5,571
I see. I'm actually really starting to like the sound of the Inferno. I feel it's even more transparent and clearer sounding than the stock cable. The stock in comparison comes off a little bit veiled, but still enjoyable. The build quality is many times better than the stock cable. I love interacting with the Inferno cable.

It's been a while since I listened to the stock susvara cable, but I remember it being terrible for a stock cable for a headphone at this price. I haven't heard the inferno, but I am sure it is a lot better. =) I am personally using WyWires and had the Cardas Clear, but curious to see what else is good.

Dec 21, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #5,267 of 5,571
I just got the Purgatorio Tour set and tried it out Abyss 1266 Phi TC with SC & Susvara with WyWires Platinum. I'm not sure how many hours of burn in this tour kit has had, but I did not care for the sound. The sound was more muddy and thin compared to either one of those options.

From what I understand, it's a demo unit from CanJam. Perhaps @Andrew DiMarcangelo or @stephenkostas could provide more info on burn in hours.

Dec 21, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #5,268 of 5,571
It's been a while since I listened to the stock susvara cable, but I remember it being terrible for a stock cable for a headphone at this price. I haven't heard the inferno, but I am sure it is a lot better. =) I am personally using WyWires and had the Cardas Clear, but curious to see what else is good.
I also have the arctic cable opera v2 for the Susvara. So far I prefer the Inferno to all of them than the stock cable than the arctic cable.

Dec 21, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #5,269 of 5,571
I see. I'm actually really starting to like the sound of the Inferno. I feel it's even more transparent and clearer sounding than the stock cable. The stock in comparison comes off a little bit veiled, but still enjoyable. The build quality is many times better than the stock cable. I love interacting with the Inferno cable.

They're very transparent with excellent black background after they've settled with added holographic imaging. Certainly an improvement over stock Hifiman cable which now sounds veiled after quick A/Bing. Inferno is definitely more technicality upgrade than tonality to me in case with Susvara, but then again I use the Sus with tubes so tube tonality is just more pronounced with the Inferno rather than inferno altering Susvara's tonality

Dec 21, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #5,270 of 5,571
Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
Dec 21, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #5,271 of 5,571
We did not specifically burn the cable in. So it left our office to Garney with probably less than 10 hours of usage from CanJam Dallas.

Thank you for providing a reference point to Purg's run in, my friend!

Dec 21, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #5,272 of 5,571
We did not specifically burn the cable in. So it left our office to Garney with probably less than 10 hours of usage from CanJam Dallas.
For my reference, how many hrs of burn in do you think it needs before it opens up? I love the connectors and the build quality of the cable is great. But right now the SQ for me is less transparent and a little muddy than the JPS superconductor with abyss 1266 phi tc and wywires with susvara.

Dec 21, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #5,273 of 5,571
For my reference, how many hrs of burn in do you think it needs before it opens up? I love the connectors and the build quality of the cable is great. But right now the SQ for me is less transparent and a little muddy than the JPS superconductor with abyss 1266 phi tc and wywires with susvara.

Perhaps similar to Inferno – a good 100hrs+

The team is happy that you're enjoying the Inferno immensely! :) It should further open up with more burning in, the Inferno (& Purgatorio) as i mentioned many times before does need tons and tons of burn in .. ugh

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #5,274 of 5,571
Most of the thickness went away from the inferno within a day. I wouldn't have called it muddy per se. Just a thicker presentation with not a lot of air. But that all changes within a few days. It becomes extremely transparent, with a wider and deeper sound stage.

Dec 21, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #5,275 of 5,571
Perhaps similar to Inferno – a good 100hrs+
Timeslip

Second what Auricon has said above
I own both the Inferno and Purgatorio and both didn't really come into their own before 120 hours of burn in, and really started to sound right around the 150hr mark. The Purgatorio continued to improve till around the 170 hour mark, if this helps at all

Dec 21, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #5,276 of 5,571
Most of the thickness went away from the inferno within a day. I wouldn't have called it muddy per se. Just a thicker presentation with not a lot of air. But that all changes within a few days. It becomes extremely transparent, with a wider and deeper sound stage.

We had the exact experience. IMHO, the thickness perception that were muddy were just transformed to clearer, more defined note texture and this results to that deeper soundstage perception

Dec 23, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #5,277 of 5,571
IMG_1217.jpeg

OTL’ed demo’ed at ECT

Dec 24, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #5,278 of 5,571
Merry X’mas and Happy Holidays to all!

Kicking back to enjoy some easy listening with the Meze Empyrean with the Inferno. Run out of the Shanling ET-3 and Holo Spring 3 KTE, into the peerless SAEQ Hyperion Ge. :)

IMG_1548.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #5,279 of 5,571
Merry XMAS and Happy Holidays everyone! :santa: 🎁 :christmas_tree::champagne::champagne_glass:

84301A28-D264-4B3C-95C6-116B60A9F00C.jpeg

4CD55997-0BDC-4494-AF93-6FC57934DB9C.jpeg

Dec 25, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #5,280 of 5,571
IMG_20231224_020754-05.jpeg

Happy Holidays!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back