Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Sep 15, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #5,056 of 5,576
Sep 15, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #5,058 of 5,576
I love how you decorated the background of it for the photos heheh! Looking forward to hear your thoughts!
It's actually just a coincidence because I didn't have much time to take the pictures. I have recently been trying my hands at keeping plants and this is a really cute one I have growing over my desk.

So far, Sonnet of Adam is proving to be a bloody masterpiece and has phenomenal synergy with the VE7. I was listening to Beethoven's Missa Solemnis with the LPGT this morning and I don't think I have ever heard anything quite like it. The imaging is so incredibly clear, the tone is astonishingly good and the treble sparkles like the brightest star while staying perfectly even. I will try out other pairings soon... later... not now... need to listen more. 😉😅

Sep 15, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #5,059 of 5,576
Ordered the Baroques. Not Ele(ather)tech goods, but man do I like buying things from Eric 😂

Sep 15, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #5,060 of 5,576
Sep 16, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #5,061 of 5,576
Well well well.. What do we have here! I have been radio silent for a while but am back into it with some impressions of Eric's new cable, Sonnet of Adam.

First up, we are talking about Eletech here so great build quality and excellent visual design are a given. Eric has really stepped up the unboxing experience in particular. From the rich leather scented case to the bonus acrylic panel and framed art, you know this is a statement product even before the first listen.

The cable handles very well too, this is one of the softest cables I've handled to date and the most pliable Eletech cable too. The company has added a chin slider and the y-splitter design feels very much like a brighter foil to the Ode to Laura with a similar layered design language only in brighter gold to reflect the conductor choice.

DSC04945.jpg

Sonically, Eletech has been delivering on soundstage performance especially in my mind with their latest releases. Previous custom cables would enhance the experience yet often at the expense of somewhat strange imaging. The transition to a copper-based flagship definitely provided more "normalcy" without compromising technical performance. The soundstage is once again a highlight of the Adam which elevates this to another level. It has an immaculate background and excellent imaging stability, broad dimensions and exacting layering. It assumes a more fun W-shaped sound with a pacey, slightly elevated bass range, warm tilted midrange and sparkly top-end.

DSC04950.jpg

Compared to Laura, Adam provides a cleaner tonality and a more engaging presentation altogether. Laura has a more present and affirmative bass range. It hits harder and offers greater dynamics. Adam has a swifter presentation with more defined notes and a quicker decay. The midrange is slightly more vocal-forward on the Laura. It offers a smoother, fuller voicing and to me, the timbre is more natural - as you would have read in my review, I am a big fan. Meanwhile, Adam has a bit more transparency and, though vocals are not as large and forward, they are slightly more articulate and vivid due to superior upper-midrange extension and greater treble presence.

DSC04957.jpg

The top-end is detailed on both, the Luara swings darker, the Adam slightly towards the energetic side. The background is immaculate on both and it is impressive that the Adam is able to achieve this given that it has noticeably more sparkle. The soundstage performance is divine on both too, real standouts. Laura provides more depth while Adam is noticeably wider. Both layer immensely well, I perceive the Adam as providing a slightly sharper sense of direction and holography due to its superior speed, separation and resolving power being a tad higher in the top registers. Laura offers better foreground/background separation albeit less nuance overall.

Ultimately, initial impressions with Adam seem positive as Eric was able to provide an exotic high-end experience whilst upholding the natural character he achieved with his copper flagship. With that said, Laura remains a co-flagship and for good reason as it offers the tonal/timbral package with Adam assuming a role as the more energetic and technical-based flagship.

As always, stay tuned for the full review :)

Sep 17, 2023 at 3:39 AM Post #5,062 of 5,576
Today is the turn of the FitEar Titan to have a run out with the Sonnet of Adam off the DX320 Edition X.

The Adam fills up nicely the mids of the Titan, which sometimes seems a bit recessed because of the extended trebles. The Adam continues to surprise and complement the sound signature of my FitEar customs. :)

IMG_9766.jpeg

Sep 17, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #5,063 of 5,576
Well well well.. What do we have here! I have been radio silent for a while but am back into it with some impressions of Eric's new cable, Sonnet of Adam.

First up, we are talking about Eletech here so great build quality and excellent visual design are a given. Eric has really stepped up the unboxing experience in particular. From the rich leather scented case to the bonus acrylic panel and framed art, you know this is a statement product even before the first listen.

The cable handles very well too, this is one of the softest cables I've handled to date and the most pliable Eletech cable too. The company has added a chin slider and the y-splitter design feels very much like a brighter foil to the Ode to Laura with a similar layered design language only in brighter gold to reflect the conductor choice.

DSC04945.jpg

Sonically, Eletech has been delivering on soundstage performance especially in my mind with their latest releases. Previous custom cables would enhance the experience yet often at the expense of somewhat strange imaging. The transition to a copper-based flagship definitely provided more "normalcy" without compromising technical performance. The soundstage is once again a highlight of the Adam which elevates this to another level. It has an immaculate background and excellent imaging stability, broad dimensions and exacting layering. It assumes a more fun W-shaped sound with a pacey, slightly elevated bass range, warm tilted midrange and sparkly top-end.

DSC04950.jpg

Compared to Laura, Adam provides a cleaner tonality and a more engaging presentation altogether. Laura has a more present and affirmative bass range. It hits harder and offers greater dynamics. Adam has a swifter presentation with more defined notes and a quicker decay. The midrange is slightly more vocal-forward on the Laura. It offers a smoother, fuller voicing and to me, the timbre is more natural - as you would have read in my review, I am a big fan. Meanwhile, Adam has a bit more transparency and, though vocals are not as large and forward, they are slightly more articulate and vivid due to superior upper-midrange extension and greater treble presence.

DSC04957.jpg

The top-end is detailed on both, the Luara swings darker, the Adam slightly towards the energetic side. The background is immaculate on both and it is impressive that the Adam is able to achieve this given that it has noticeably more sparkle. The soundstage performance is divine on both too, real standouts. Laura provides more depth while Adam is noticeably wider. Both layer immensely well, I perceive the Adam as providing a slightly sharper sense of direction and holography due to its superior speed, separation and resolving power being a tad higher in the top registers. Laura offers better foreground/background separation albeit less nuance overall.

Ultimately, initial impressions with Adam seem positive as Eric was able to provide an exotic high-end experience whilst upholding the natural character he achieved with his copper flagship. With that said, Laura remains a co-flagship and for good reason as it offers the tonal/timbral package with Adam assuming a role as the more energetic and technical-based flagship.

As always, stay tuned for the full review :)
Thanks for the insights and looking forward to your review. Any information on how Adam compares to Aeneid?

Sep 18, 2023 at 2:00 AM Post #5,064 of 5,576

Went and checked out some Baroque tips yesterday. For me personally, eartips made a whole lot of difference and new developments in eartips are always appreciated. Looking forward to receiving them and trying them out.

I was intending to read a couple of reviews on the Sonnet Of Adam before pulling the trigger but this picture makes it so tempting! @Eric Chong is there anyway i can order the Sonnet Of Adam without paying double shipping charges?

Sep 18, 2023 at 3:49 AM Post #5,065 of 5,576
Ordered the Baroques. Not Ele(ather)tech goods, but man do I like buying things from Eric 😂

Thank you! Look forward to hearing your impressions on the Baroque!

Went and checked out some Baroque tips yesterday. For me personally, eartips made a whole lot of difference and new developments in eartips are always appreciated. Looking forward to receiving them and trying them out.

I was intending to read a couple of reviews on the Sonnet Of Adam before pulling the trigger but this picture makes it so tempting! @Eric Chong is there anyway i can order the Sonnet Of Adam without paying double shipping charges?
Send me a PM i'll help you sort it out :)

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Sep 21, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #5,067 of 5,576
Late to the party and those Baroque tips are sold out. @Eric Chong when will they be restocked? Or are these limited run?

The Baroque is not limited release, but first batch was limited in production. Global shipping should commence sometime before the end of this month for the first batching.

I'll have to revert to you on subesequent batch dates as we haven't ironed them out internally yet =X

In the meantime do check with our dealers, they might still have some in stock / pre-orders :)

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Sep 26, 2023 at 1:53 AM Post #5,068 of 5,576
Big shout out to @Eric Chong and team! Ooh.. will try with my Turii Ti later. :)

IMG_9905.jpeg

Sep 26, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #5,070 of 5,576
Big shout out to @Eric Chong and team! Ooh.. will try with my Turii Ti later. :)

IMG_9905.jpeg
The benefits of being in Eletech's home base 😁. I got my ship notification, but gonna take a while to get to Canada by post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back