Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Sep 2, 2023 at 6:40 PM Post #5,011 of 5,745
The Sonnet Of Adam is an interesting one, I wouldn't say that it's a direct replacement of either. We learn from our past releases and continue honing our craft, coupled with new inspirations to create new products. Not to mention the direct feedbacks from some trusted headfier ears to listen and fine-tune prior to any releases.

The Sonnet Of Adam, if we have to link it to past creations, I would say, takes a little from our experiences with Iliad, Raphael, Aeneid congealed into what it is. It's a different take on a flagship TOTL cable differing in direction from the Ode To Laura

Drop by our ET lounge when it's available for audition ! :wink:

Looking forward to hearing Sonnet of Adam at SoCal just a few weeks away. I enjoy the Raphael with my LX, and love the Aeneid with my LX and EE Phantom.

Sep 4, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #5,012 of 5,745
Looking forward to hearing Sonnet of Adam at SoCal just a few weeks away. I enjoy the Raphael with my LX, and love the Aeneid with my LX and EE Phantom.
Im looking forward to finally hang out with you guys again~! This coming SoCal we should have a full-lineup with all our recent releases including the Sonnet Of Adam and the Baroque eartips :)

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Sep 4, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #5,013 of 5,745
Im looking forward to finally hang out with you guys again~! This coming SoCal we should have a full-lineup with all our recent releases including the Sonnet Of Adam and the Baroque eartips :)
Looking forward to visiting the Eletech booth again!
Wanted to know which headphone connection(s) will be usable with the Purgatorio?

Sep 5, 2023 at 2:04 AM Post #5,014 of 5,745
Looking forward to visiting the Eletech booth again!
Wanted to know which headphone connection(s) will be usable with the Purgatorio?

Looking forward to catching up again! We'll be bringing Purgatorio specific adaptors so most, if not all connectivity will be available :)

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Sep 7, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #5,015 of 5,745
Chilling on a Thursday late afternoon with another special organic cable, the Socrates, with the AK SE300 and FitEar Air2. :)

IMG_9622.jpeg

Sep 7, 2023 at 6:37 AM Post #5,017 of 5,745
Finally got around to finishing up this post. I had a really fruitful and enjoyable trip to @Eric Chong 's new audio lounge yesterday! Thank you so much for hosting me for the entire day, and sorry to take you away from your hectic schedule!

IMG_20230907_144855.jpg

Eric's new office is as comforting as can be. It was totally worth it taking a day off and hanging out at this pad. I was even offered a glass of whiskey on the rocks to go with my listening session. First one to demo is definitely the just-released Sonnet Of Adam!

IMG_20230907_125305.jpgIMG_20230907_125301.jpgIMG_20230907_125724.jpg
For the listening session, I brought along my trusty FuSang which I've been mainly listening to nowadays. My god, what an experience. The Sonnet of Adam deviates (kinda) from the familiar Eletech house sound. My impression of usual Eletech's offerings is the micro-details, lushness and that it runs a tiny bit brighter. The Adam brings note weight and lushness to another whole new level and it is a WARM sounding piece. Warm without losing any details up top while the horizontal soundstage is INSANE. Headspace is huge! In comparison with Aeneid though, Sonnet of Adam is not as tall sounding but is probably the widest among all Eletech's i've owned. Midrange is a stunner, incredibly intoxicating. I think I may have spent close to an hour listening to just the Sonnet of Adam until Eric so kindly invited me out for lunch with the ET team. To not impose on them, i said I'll eat whatever they are having daily :)

Snap pic of what the team is fueling on daily :D

IMG_20230907_133538.jpg

Back from lunch, into the well air-conditioned office and back to listening. This time, I did a few cable rolling with my Raphael and Eletech's demo Ode To Laura, Azrael , Cassiel. I would have thought Ode To Laura to have similarities with Sonnet Of Adam given that they are both in Parnassus and Adam seems to be a continuation of OTL ; however they were as far from each other as can be. Now I understand Eletech's thought of a dual flagship. The Sonnet Of Adam inherited some traits of Raphael and I would say Iliad. I spoke with Eric and he confirmed that he did reference these past products on the designing phase of the Sonnet of Adam. ~~~~ continued with more whiskey, i'm not sure my listening impressions can be trusted at this point xD

IMG_20230907_153244.jpg

Also managed to try out the Jomo Impulse Ti which was a HongKong exclusive item.

IMG_20230907_152519.jpg

When i'm about to place an order for Adam & call it a day, Eric took these beauties out!

IMG_20230907_125608.jpg
IMG_20230907_131138.jpg

The Baroque Eartips final prototypes! These are extremely comfortable and snug. It melts into my ears after a while, though I asked Eric and he did not mention any heat activated tech within. Weirdly enough, I seem to fit both the M and L. Can't decide which is better for me. These eartips i found elevates the midrange as well as the bass. I cant wait for the sales edition to come in.

Before I left, Eric agreed to let me snap a pic and post of part of where the magic happens!

IMG_20230907_144904.jpg

An incredible day spent at Eletech's office. Thank you for being such a great host! I walked away with a Sonnet Of Adam sized hole in the wallet but entirely satisfying!

Sep 7, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #5,018 of 5,745
Finally got around to finishing up this post. I had a really fruitful and enjoyable trip to @Eric Chong 's new audio lounge yesterday! Thank you so much for hosting me for the entire day, and sorry to take you away from your hectic schedule!

IMG_20230907_144855.jpg

Eric's new office is as comforting as can be. It was totally worth it taking a day off and hanging out at this pad. I was even offered a glass of whiskey on the rocks to go with my listening session. First one to demo is definitely the just-released Sonnet Of Adam!

For the listening session, I brought along my trusty FuSang which I've been mainly listening to nowadays. My god, what an experience. The Sonnet of Adam deviates (kinda) from the familiar Eletech house sound. My impression of usual Eletech's offerings is the micro-details, lushness and that it runs a tiny bit brighter. The Adam brings note weight and lushness to another whole new level and it is a WARM sounding piece. Warm without losing any details up top while the horizontal soundstage is INSANE. Headspace is huge! In comparison with Aeneid though, Sonnet of Adam is not as tall sounding but is probably the widest among all Eletech's i've owned. Midrange is a stunner, incredibly intoxicating. I think I may have spent close to an hour listening to just the Sonnet of Adam until Eric so kindly invited me out for lunch with the ET team. To not impose on them, i said I'll eat whatever they are having daily :)

IMG_20230907_133538.jpg

Back from lunch, into the well air-conditioned office and back to listening. This time, I did a few cable rolling with my Raphael and Eletech's demo Ode To Laura, Azrael , Cassiel. I would have thought Ode To Laura to have similarities with Sonnet Of Adam given that they are both in Parnassus and Adam seems to be a continuation of OTL ; however they were as far from each other as can be. Now I understand Eletech's thought of a dual flagship. The Sonnet Of Adam inherited some traits of Raphael and I would say Iliad. I spoke with Eric and he confirmed that he did reference these past products on the designing phase of the Sonnet of Adam. ~~~~ continued with more whiskey, i'm not sure my listening impressions can be trusted at this point xD

IMG_20230907_153244.jpg

Also managed to try out the Jomo Impulse Ti which was a HongKong exclusive item.

IMG_20230907_152519.jpg

When i'm about to place an order for Adam & call it a day, Eric took these beauties out!

IMG_20230907_125608.jpg
IMG_20230907_131138.jpg

The Baroque Eartips final prototypes! These are extremely comfortable and snug. It melts into my ears after a while, though I asked Eric and he did not mention any heat activated tech within. Weirdly enough, I seem to fit both the M and L. Can't decide which is better for me. These eartips i found elevates the midrange as well as the bass. I cant wait for the sales edition to come in.

Before I left, Eric agreed to let me snap a pic and post of part of where the magic happens!

IMG_20230907_144904.jpg

An incredible day spent at Eletech's office. Thank you for being such a great host! I walked away with a Sonnet Of Adam sized hole in the wallet but entirely satisfying!
Looks like a great visit! Can't wait to find an opportunity to drop by. As well as of course the Sonnet of Adam. Just need to figure out which of my FitEars get the privilege of being paired with it :)

Sep 7, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #5,019 of 5,745

IMG_20230907_144855.jpg

IMG_20230907_133538.jpg

IMG_20230907_153244.jpg

IMG_20230907_152519.jpg

IMG_20230907_125608.jpg
IMG_20230907_131138.jpg

IMG_20230907_144904.jpg

We're just glad that you enjoyed your time visiting us :) afterall you took a day off to come!
Looks like a great visit! Can't wait to find an opportunity to drop by. As well as of course the Sonnet of Adam. Just need to figure out which of my FitEars get the privilege of being paired with it :)
Welcomed anyday :)

Sep 7, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #5,020 of 5,745
Had absolutely a blast of a time there. They're great hosts.

Right? Anybody who've heard the Adam will be addicted to it's signature. I'm can't wait to finally receive it

Sep 7, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #5,021 of 5,745
Had absolutely a blast of a time there. They're great hosts.

Right? Anybody who've heard the Adam will be addicted to it's signature. I'm can't wait to finally receive it
yeah.. Have to agree with your view about the sonic signature. :) It will surely lift my spirits when I get it, I am sure. :)

Sep 7, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #5,022 of 5,745

That's an awesome day...glad you were able to enjoy the time. Also shows the great hospitality @Eric Chong shows.

I'm excited to listen to Sonnet of Adam in a few weeks. I have the Raphael and love it on my Legend X.

Sep 7, 2023 at 11:15 PM Post #5,023 of 5,745

IMG_20230907_144855.jpg

IMG_20230907_133538.jpg

IMG_20230907_153244.jpg

IMG_20230907_152519.jpg

IMG_20230907_125608.jpg
IMG_20230907_131138.jpg

IMG_20230907_144904.jpg

Great review, Jayden :thumbsup:Though I've only had Aeneid for a couple months & love it, definitely interested in Sonnet of Adam & those Baroque eartips.

Sep 8, 2023 at 3:06 AM Post #5,024 of 5,745
That's an awesome day...glad you were able to enjoy the time. Also shows the great hospitality @Eric Chong shows.

I'm excited to listen to Sonnet of Adam in a few weeks. I have the Raphael and love it on my Legend X.
Hey im always up for an excuse to skip work and hang out with people over whiskey :p

Sep 8, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #5,025 of 5,745

IMG_20230907_144855.jpg

IMG_20230907_133538.jpg

IMG_20230907_153244.jpg

IMG_20230907_152519.jpg

IMG_20230907_125608.jpg
IMG_20230907_131138.jpg

IMG_20230907_144904.jpg

Oh man you've had such a field day. I dont know if i'll ever make it to Singapore but ET will be top of my to-visit list if my family ever goes for a vacation. I love how Eric made his space so hospitable and welcoming, says alot of the brand!

While im mostly HP centric in my listening now, the Sonnet of Adam does pique my interest.. especially since it's a unique deviation in house sound as you've mentioned hmm..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back