Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Aug 30, 2022 at 5:18 AM Post #3,991 of 5,745
Aw… SO SWEET! @metaljem77 I am definitely going for a visit to the Eletech office only when you are around. 😆
Indeed! Now back to braiding with my fat stubby fingers 🤭

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Aug 30, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #3,992 of 5,745
Received my Ode to Laura today. It transformed my XE6. The detailing on everything from the packaging to the sound is master class.

Screenshot_20220830-002213_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220830-002206_Gallery.jpg

Glad you’re enjoying the Laura. It should open up more as you run it in :)

Looking forward to your feedbacks!

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Aug 30, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #3,993 of 5,745
TEA TIME~!

I got in the office late today and wondered what's the ruckus about :

Thank you so much @metaljem77 for the sweet treats~!! We're gonna grow fat from this soon
Please also stay active by exercising and not just stuck in office rushing out your creations and orders! 😅 能吃是福 🤗
Food (and music) is often a universal passion, bonds are often easily created through food and music :wink: happy belated birthday and enjoy! 🥰
I’m also agnostic to the hook, but it’s a nice additional functionality to me :wink: with Luxe case, I honestly am happy keeping these companion cases as my collectibles hehehe

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2022 at 6:56 AM Post #3,994 of 5,745
Quick QQ :

Did you guys prefer the companion case with or without the hook (Iliad's vs Plato's) - design wise, not the leather choice.
I think ergonomically it would be better without the hook.
On the other hand, whilst aesthetically it would look more sleek without, the greedy part of Layman1 rejoices in the further abundance of gold and gorgeous leather on display when the hook is present :smiley:

Aug 30, 2022 at 7:09 AM Post #3,995 of 5,745
Agnostic for me. I don’t actually hang my customs off anything. And so the slimmer profile without hook works nicely for me. :)
+1- the leather loop on the Socrates looks cool and has the appeal that it could be used in multiple ways, like hooked around a belt, but in practice I would not actually transport an expensive IEM or cable that way.

Have you seen the leather strap that comes with the Ikko OH10 cable? I have found that one very useful for cable management (unlike Socrates it is prone to tangling, and the way the strap can be tightened by threading it through a hole in one end of the strap is helpful to keeping the IEM cable tidy).

Attachments

• E790EDC7-A688-4803-B484-E1C6FBC6D2E6.jpeg
    E790EDC7-A688-4803-B484-E1C6FBC6D2E6.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 0
Aug 31, 2022 at 12:02 AM Post #3,996 of 5,745
Gotcha' on the Companion Cases, We're thinking to do more of the leather stuffs next year and a single round case is definitely on the pipeline :)

Please also stay active by exercising and not just stuck in office rushing out your creations and orders! 😅 能吃是福 🤗
Food (and music) is often a universal passion, bonds are often easily created through food and music :wink: happy belated birthday and enjoy! 🥰
I’m also agnostic to the hook, but it’s a nice additional functionality to me :wink: with Luxe case, I honestly am happy keeping these companion cases as my collectibles hehehe

Heheh for sure! The work out culture is pretty prevalent in the team :D @hshock76 also made sure that i'll have a very quality workout session always :D

@metaljem77 , @Kiats ; Something coming your way , later!

Aug 31, 2022 at 12:21 AM Post #3,997 of 5,745
Gotcha' on the Companion Cases, We're thinking to do more of the leather stuffs next year and a single round case is definitely on the pipeline :)

Heheh for sure! The work out culture is pretty prevalent in the team :D @hshock76 also made sure that i'll have a very quality workout session always :D

@metaljem77 , @Kiats ; Something coming your way , later!
You’re too kind!! I’m excited! Cool, when I visit your office, I’ll be keen to talk about exercise! 😝

Aug 31, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #3,998 of 5,745
Eric and I have been corresponding about Socrates 8, and he encouraged me to bring the discussion here for input from the rest of you. I have simplified the correspondence to keep clear the issues under consideration:

Eric writes:
"I'm still in a mental block over a certain component of Socrates 8 over the last several days. I wanted to push the airs and staging bigger without increasing the heft of the cable hence i'm currently still in the final phase of R&D. I've plans to increase the headspace further from the current prototype iteration with a darker signature. While I know that adding shielding is a "quick fix" or a sure fire way to get what I wanted , I'm hesitant to introduce shielding in 8 wires for the additional heft it adds on. Current prototype only manages to achieve perhaps 70-80% of what I had planned for the product. I'm keen to search for alternative methodologies to achieve the results in the coming weeks.

At the moment, I'm trying to fine tune it with different geometry make up and having different materials make up. It's an interesting process"

Jlemaster1957 responded:

"I've been thinking about your issue over the last day, and had a few thoughts on it- ....Thinking about shielding and weight, have you considered graphene shielding? It would be light, and might also have sonic benefits similar to what you are seeking (increased detail and separation without altering the FR). Consider also the Penon USG, which reportedly used graphene infused copper.

Another (different) thought- if you add too much 'exotic materials' to the mix, will the P8Socrates still be a Socrates? It seems that the prototype of the P8Socrates was well received. After all, you just released Ode to Laura, which included a Bespoke Premium OCC Copper blend. Perhaps (as Effect Audio did recently with their Founders Edition of the Ares S) you could create a small number of "Founders Edition" Project 8 Socrates with whatever you choose to enhance the headroom, but the 'production' version after the Founders edition would be similar to the P8 Socrates prototype that others heard a while back, and liked.

For me, cost could be an issue, also. I would expect P8Socrates to cost no more than 2x the cost of the Socrates (which I imagine might be difficult if you change the geometry substantially)"

Eric responds:

"I have considered other shielding methods however, it would alter the sound not to what i'll be looking for. Many different companies employed different sets of shielding benefits , with each type yielding certain benefits and disadvantages. With the "Shielding" i mentioned, it most certainly is the Eletech way of shielding employed in Inferno, Ode To Laura.

Meanwhile I'm not considering adding exotic materials or significantly changing the make-up of Socrates to achieve the sound profile we desire as it would, as you said - un-Socrates-like. I'm pondering about ways to increase the headspace which i know will be possible and very within the limits of the material by altering the geometry (need to test this hypothesis soon). The Socrates 8 will definitely not be more than 2x of the Socrates and will not be a complete overhaul like a Founder's edition. I'm agonising over the design due to the fact that i want to the project to be perfect, not a project that is almost complete (not sure if I'm explaining myself right).

Would be lovely to see where everyone's mind is at."

Aug 31, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #3,999 of 5,745
Have had brief discussions about it too, unfortunately nothing productive to contribute since I know he's gonna want it to be perfect to his specification before release. While I do very much enjoy the proto I know he can bring more out of it. I wouldn't be disappointed if the answer was to increase the heft via shielding. I haven't had it for home use but I don't think I would be very portable with a P8 Socrates anyway so it wouldn't affect me personally. But I eagerly await what creative solutions Eric comes up with.

Final thought is to just take as much time as you need. I know P8 "season" is coming up but if we gotta wait longer, all good

Aug 31, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #4,000 of 5,745
WeChat Image_20220831160224.jpg
WeChat Image_20220831160251.jpg
WeChat Image_20220831160254.jpg

I've never been so excited about receiving … Who am I kidding, I'm always excited when Eletechs come knocking ! xD

Boy oh boy, the OTL has finally arrived at the doorstep. Thanks for the speedy delivery @Eric Chong . Gotta say, you've upped the game again this time. Aeneid, for me was the pinnacle of unboxing experience and products aesthetics design. How you've managed to improve upon that baffles me! Love the understated gold (?) shimmer through the sheath and the distressed leather case it comes with.

Not to mention the hardware and gold coin *chef kiss* ; Perfect!

Now i'll take my time after the workday to slowly savor the sound.. TBC!

Now something to mull over - to remove or not to remove (film)

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20220831160224.jpg
    WeChat Image_20220831160224.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 0
  • WeChat Image_20220831160301.jpg
    WeChat Image_20220831160301.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 0
  • WeChat Image_20220831160254.jpg
    WeChat Image_20220831160254.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 0
Sep 1, 2022 at 1:07 AM Post #4,001 of 5,745
Eric and I have been corresponding about Socrates 8, and he encouraged me to bring the discussion here for input from the rest of you. I have simplified the correspondence to keep clear the issues under consideration:

Eric writes:
"I'm still in a mental block over a certain component of Socrates 8 over the last several days. I wanted to push the airs and staging bigger without increasing the heft of the cable hence i'm currently still in the final phase of R&D. I've plans to increase the headspace further from the current prototype iteration with a darker signature. While I know that adding shielding is a "quick fix" or a sure fire way to get what I wanted , I'm hesitant to introduce shielding in 8 wires for the additional heft it adds on. Current prototype only manages to achieve perhaps 70-80% of what I had planned for the product. I'm keen to search for alternative methodologies to achieve the results in the coming weeks.

At the moment, I'm trying to fine tune it with different geometry make up and having different materials make up. It's an interesting process"

Jlemaster1957 responded:

"I've been thinking about your issue over the last day, and had a few thoughts on it- ....Thinking about shielding and weight, have you considered graphene shielding? It would be light, and might also have sonic benefits similar to what you are seeking (increased detail and separation without altering the FR). Consider also the Penon USG, which reportedly used graphene infused copper.

Another (different) thought- if you add too much 'exotic materials' to the mix, will the P8Socrates still be a Socrates? It seems that the prototype of the P8Socrates was well received. After all, you just released Ode to Laura, which included a Bespoke Premium OCC Copper blend. Perhaps (as Effect Audio did recently with their Founders Edition of the Ares S) you could create a small number of "Founders Edition" Project 8 Socrates with whatever you choose to enhance the headroom, but the 'production' version after the Founders edition would be similar to the P8 Socrates prototype that others heard a while back, and liked.

For me, cost could be an issue, also. I would expect P8Socrates to cost no more than 2x the cost of the Socrates (which I imagine might be difficult if you change the geometry substantially)"

Eric responds:

"I have considered other shielding methods however, it would alter the sound not to what i'll be looking for. Many different companies employed different sets of shielding benefits , with each type yielding certain benefits and disadvantages. With the "Shielding" i mentioned, it most certainly is the Eletech way of shielding employed in Inferno, Ode To Laura.

Meanwhile I'm not considering adding exotic materials or significantly changing the make-up of Socrates to achieve the sound profile we desire as it would, as you said - un-Socrates-like. I'm pondering about ways to increase the headspace which i know will be possible and very within the limits of the material by altering the geometry (need to test this hypothesis soon). The Socrates 8 will definitely not be more than 2x of the Socrates and will not be a complete overhaul like a Founder's edition. I'm agonising over the design due to the fact that i want to the project to be perfect, not a project that is almost complete (not sure if I'm explaining myself right).

Pretty much the same conversation I had with Eric. The way I see it - Classic @Eric Chong being a perfectionist! Hahahah, I know he has been agonizing over this project for quite some time but have been too swarmed to properly spend time on it.

I agree that it shouldn't be too different from the Socrates - We're probably expecting a Socra-Beast not a completely new sound with this project. Im sure whichever way it goes, it's going to turn out really well.

It's also quite encouraging to see that ET team does place much effort and time in the R&D processes. Agree with Sifo, if it's gonna wait, it's gonna wait. Im sure that Eric & team would not want to introduce a half baked project.

Meanwhile! @Craftsman1511 Wow! Drooling over here! Looking forward to your impressions

Sep 1, 2022 at 1:08 AM Post #4,002 of 5,745

Eric writes:

Jlemaster1957 responded:

Eric responds:

Insofar as shielding is concerned, I suspect anyone who is fine with a 8 wire cable would be fine with any incremental heft from shielding. If you want your cable to be thin, an 8 wire is likely out of your radar in any event.

As for adding exotic materials, I tend to agree with Eric as that would detract from the core characteristic of the Socrates. :)

Sep 1, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #4,003 of 5,745
I have nothing useful to contribute specs-wise, am amazed at how others can provide such informative inputs like jlemaster. I can only contribute food and emotional support: jia you! Don’t need to rush this out, Eric. Bask in the accolades regarding Laura (I know you won’t rest on your laurels), and sometimes taking a well-deserved break gives you the headspace you need for innovative or eureka moments 😁

Sep 1, 2022 at 4:22 AM Post #4,004 of 5,745

Eric writes:

Jlemaster1957 responded:

Eric responds:

Interesting and insightful 'brainstorming' session between @jlemaster1957 and @Eric Chong ! But again, my dear Laura only arrived and you guys are already so far ahead with the SQ of Socrates 8, slow down guys haha! Before I have to extend apologies to my wallet..

Pretty much the same conversation I had with Eric. The way I see it - Classic @Eric Chong being a perfectionist! Hahahah, I know he has been agonizing over this project for quite some time but have been too swarmed to properly spend time on it.

I agree that it shouldn't be too different from the Socrates - We're probably expecting a Socra-Beast not a completely new sound with this project. Im sure whichever way it goes, it's going to turn out really well.

It's also quite encouraging to see that ET team does place much effort and time in the R&D processes. Agree with Sifo, if it's gonna wait, it's gonna wait. Im sure that Eric & team would not want to introduce a half baked project.

Meanwhile! @Craftsman1511 Wow! Drooling over here! Looking forward to your impressions
+1 with the waiting, Eletech has always been so ever particular about the quality of their products and experience. It will always be worth the wait :dt880smile:

@Jayden Waiting for yours to arrive and join the Laura Club! I will let the cable burn for a bit and i will post some impression here!

I have nothing useful to contribute specs-wise, am amazed at how others can provide such informative inputs like jlemaster. I can only contribute food and emotional support: jia you! Don’t need to rush this out, Eric. Bask in the accolades regarding Laura (I know you won’t rest on your laurels), and sometimes taking a well-deserved break gives you the headspace you need for innovative or eureka moments 😁
Eric and his team is really blessed to be so well-fed by you! I also do agree eureka moments do come from ample rest and headspace. Maybe @Eric Chong can look into some scents to test with that helps relax the mind and include them in the upcoming products :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Sep 1, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #4,005 of 5,745
Heyy buddy. Unfortunately all our Luxe cases are out of print. We do them seasonally and (may) look into another one end of year or the next! :)

The only case available at the moment is the Single set Stratus Grey Companion case which is available on our site under accessories.

Indeed! My thoughts exactly. Been learning more about scents these days, let's see if I can pull it off. We often have the most ridiculous ideas brewing in the lab.. Not many made it to the public! Heheh!

Meanwhile guys, a little piece of bad news :

Screenshot 2022-08-29 192713.png

𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄*
Due to supply shortage, we are unable to procure the same leather materials for Iliad's iconic green companion case.

Eletech Iliads shipped from henceforth will come with a Phantom Black Companion case instead.
I am liking this stealthy black case, looks so elegant and sleek! The previous 'Iliad' case is nice too, but personal preference would be of a more low-profile and not too flashy
colour

Quick QQ :

Did you guys prefer the companion case with or without the hook (Iliad's vs Plato's) - design wise, not the leather choice.
A hook would be much more practical, but again its each to their own :)

WeChat Image_20220831160224.jpgWeChat Image_20220831160251.jpgWeChat Image_20220831160254.jpg
I've never been so excited about receiving … Who am I kidding, I'm always excited when Eletechs come knocking ! xD

Boy oh boy, the OTL has finally arrived at the doorstep. Thanks for the speedy delivery @Eric Chong . Gotta say, you've upped the game again this time. Aeneid, for me was the pinnacle of unboxing experience and products aesthetics design. How you've managed to improve upon that baffles me! Love the understated gold (?) shimmer through the sheath and the distressed leather case it comes with.

Not to mention the hardware and gold coin *chef kiss* ; Perfect!

Now i'll take my time after the workday to slowly savor the sound.. TBC!

Now something to mull over - to remove or not to remove (film)
What an unboxing experience:open_mouth: Getting super excited after seeing all the photos of Ode To Laura being posted here, shall patiently wait for mine to arrive in due time and enjoy the unboxing experience

Not the best person to talk about technical specs, but it is indeed assuring to see the brand's dedication in listening and bringing the best to their products and customers. Feels like I came just to the right place, the right brand in my audio journey! Good going Eletech and team! :muscle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back