Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Aug 28, 2022 at 6:55 PM Post #3,976 of 5,745
Hi to all.
Not too long ago a lot of people started sharing pictures of great cables and cases...
If anyone can suggest any case, please drop me a line. I would love to get one.

Aug 29, 2022 at 2:30 AM Post #3,977 of 5,745
Victoria is GPC btw :) Yes, we achieved what we want in regards to GPC in the Victoria. We may look into having more of such designs incorporated in our future products :)
Looking forward to more GPCs!

Hey, everyone! In case you haven’t figured it out yet, I’ve been taking Eletech’s marketing shots for a few of their releases now, from the Luxe, to the Moss Luxe and, now, the Ode to Laura. As a result, I’ve had the great opportunity of spending the past few weeks with their new copper flagship. And, although I don’t listen to IEMs too much anymore outside of the reviews I have left to do, Eric has kindly asked me to give you guys my impressions in time for the recent restock, so here they are…

Eletech’s Ode to Laura is a cable that’s as articulate as it is relaxed. As much as the skin of a drumhead or the nylon on a guitar string is revealed and refined, they’re never brought too far forward, nor artificially sharpened. There’s almost a bar to how much musicality it’s willing to compromise for technique, and that sentiment is true everywhere, including imaging. Its stage is holographic and well-layered, but never to the point of stretching. With in-ears like the VE EXT, the cable won’t transform its image into a concert arena. But, it will maximize what the earphone already has, whilst also equipping it with a dark background (one of the cleanest I’ve heard yet), well-separated instruments and an evenly-spherical stereo image. So, again, it’ll make the best of what your in-ear has, without stretching the image and discombobulating the instruments within it.

Down low, I’m hearing a bias towards rumble (or tactility) vs. warmth; what’s felt vs. what’s heard. On Snarky Puppy’s Bet, for example, the Laura will tend to highlight the thwack of the kick drum or the thump of the bass guitar over the warm ooh of the keyboards or the chug of the rhythm guitar. The bass gets a stronger transient, which is more noticeable with those short-burst sounds. The mid-bass isn’t thinned or recessed at all, though. There’s a meatiness and an oomph to it always, but there is a quicker, airier quality to it, especially with fatter-sounding IEMs like the A18s. This means that both toms and kick drums will have more of their tonalities heard, as if you gave them coated skins. But, again, their impact is maintained by the tactility and weight of the sub-bass.

Moving into the midrange, you’ll hear a more upfront, direct presentation here. Whether they are electric guitars or pianos, melodic instruments will take a step forward, and seem larger as a result too. This adds punch and engagement to the in-ear’s dynamics. But, it’ll also allow you to glean more detail. There’s a slightly sharper etch to notes; a more palpable sort-of texture. But, again, it’s not done to the detriment of naturalness or organicity. There’s an analog wetness or glow that’s maintained. So, in spite of all that detail, the groove of the pairing prevails. I’m hearing about as much change to the low-mids as the upper-mids, so there isn’t as much of a tonal overhaul here. It’s just a step forward, as well as the gentlest of enhancements to clarity, separation and, as a result, resolution.

The enhancements up top are a bit of a mix between what’s been described above. As the bass was quickened and tidied up, the treble assumes a similar pace. It’s not a cable that adds glitz or tizz to promote clarity, but it isn’t one that dulls or rolls off either. It assumes a healthy in-between, while extending those air frequencies for the holographic imaging and the black backdrop described earlier. What it does similarly to the midrange is ever-so-slightly turn up that revealing dial. Hi-hats, shakers and percussion all receive notable boosts; popping up more often on my radar when I’m listening to crowded ensembles. Those little details catch your ears more often, which engages your interest as a listener. Still, though, it’s key to note that it won’t bombard you with sharp transients 24/7 either. Again, it’s a measured split that brings those nuances to your attention, but keeps them where they ought to be.

All in all, the Ode to Laura is what you get when you cross active and passive listening. It’ll reveal all the detail and spatial cues you want if you’re feeling like an audio examiner. And, it’s also got the smooth-sailing groove if all you want is music to wash over you. To a degree, it has bits of Eletech’s previous flagships, from the Iliad’s clear, direct mids to the Aeneid’s effortlessness, and puts them all in an image that exceeds those previous efforts in stereo spread, background blackness and resolution. It’s also worth noting that it’ll exceed them in price as well, which is always important to highlight. And, this also wouldn’t be the first cable I’d recommend for those who prefer more distant, more neutrally-positioned mids. Still, it’s Eletech as distilled and refined as I’ve heard them, and a titanic effort from Eric and his team in all - visual, ergonomic and aural - fronts.
Your photos look awesome! Appreciate the effort to come up with this review too, super excited as my OtL will arrive anytime this week!

Soc8 is gonna go head to head with the Venom. Meaning I'm gonna be shilling it like no tomorrow soon. @Craftsman1511 protect your wallet🤣
Ohmy, not gonna lie but I am already getting funds ready for the Socrates8 :L3000:

I think @Craftsman1511 would contemplate for a bit then place his order on the Socrates8 regardless hah!
You got me right there, I will definitely contemplate but temptation eventually gets the better of me. It's getting almost like an addiction🤣

Aug 29, 2022 at 2:45 AM Post #3,978 of 5,745
Ohmy, not gonna lie but I am already getting funds ready for the Socrates8
SQ wise, I'm all in, but I need to see if I run into microphonics on it. ugh

Aug 29, 2022 at 3:10 AM Post #3,979 of 5,745
SQ wise, I'm all in, but I need to see if I run into microphonics on it. ugh
it would be surprising if there was microphonics. Not least cos none of the cables from @Eric Chong have ever faced that issue. :wink: Certainly there was none when I tired the prototype. :)

Aug 29, 2022 at 5:42 AM Post #3,980 of 5,745
In fact we're in talks with a bespoke fragrance atelier locally , exploring customized scents for future products. One that will diffuse from the box the minute it's unsealed. A canister included as well if you want some Eletech scents day-day heheh.

I always thought about engaging our five senses when it comes to a product experience. Let's see if I can manage this in the future :D
Interesting exploration in the multi-sensorial direction, scents could possibly reflect the product, brings forth a more unique storytelling of the product

Hi to all.
Not too long ago a lot of people started sharing pictures of great cables and cases...
Hi there! What are you planning to store in the case that you are looking for if I may ask?

it would be surprising if there was microphonics. Not least cos none of the cables from @Eric Chong have ever faced that issue. :wink: Certainly there was none when I tired the prototype. :)
Indeed, the cables I have from Eletech have no microphonics too, I wonder what's the magic behind zero microphonics

Aug 29, 2022 at 6:50 AM Post #3,981 of 5,745
Welcome to the club, you will now begin your journey in Eletech's cable collection. Or have you already begun... :L3000: :L3000:
Thank you! I would say, the journey is starting very soon, with all the interesting things that I have been seeing and reading in this thread. I now understand why it is such a pleasure to purchase products from Eletech, seems to be of a total different experience with different products

omg take off the wrapping already! :stuck_out_tongue:
We all love our cables too much to take off the wrapping :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but @hshock76 took off the wrapping on the Laura! Kudos to you :beyersmile::beyersmile:

Oh, I realised I have no microphonics on my Socrates too

Aug 29, 2022 at 7:35 AM Post #3,982 of 5,745
Hi to all.
Heyy buddy. Unfortunately all our Luxe cases are out of print. We do them seasonally and (may) look into another one end of year or the next! :)

The only case available at the moment is the Single set Stratus Grey Companion case which is available on our site under accessories.
scents could possibly reflect the product, brings forth a more unique storytelling of the product
Indeed! My thoughts exactly. Been learning more about scents these days, let's see if I can pull it off. We often have the most ridiculous ideas brewing in the lab.. Not many made it to the public! Heheh!

Meanwhile guys, a little piece of bad news :

Screenshot 2022-08-29 192713.png

𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄*
Due to supply shortage, we are unable to procure the same leather materials for Iliad's iconic green companion case.

Eletech Iliads shipped from henceforth will come with a Phantom Black Companion case instead.

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Aug 29, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #3,983 of 5,745
Indeed, the cables I have from Eletech have no microphonics too, I wonder what's the magic behind zero microphonics
Fresh insulation?

Eric suggested that older insulation could be the reason what I'm hearing on one of my 8 wires. So I'm waiting on Soc8 proto to confirm.

I am hearing some microphonics on my newer 8 wires as well.
Heyy buddy. Unfortunately all our Luxe cases are out of print. We do them seasonally and (may) look into another one end of year or the next! :)

The only case available at the moment is the Single set Stratus Grey Companion case which is available on our site under accessories.

Indeed! My thoughts exactly. Been learning more about scents these days, let's see if I can pull it off. We often have the most ridiculous ideas brewing in the lab.. Not many made it to the public! Heheh!

𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄*
Due to supply shortage, we are unable to procure the same leather materials for Iliad's iconic green companion case.

Eletech Iliads shipped from henceforth will come with a Phantom Black Companion case instead.
I kinda like the Phantom Black case. The OG Iliad felt a bit flashy for my tastes.

Aug 29, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #3,984 of 5,745
Agree on the Phantom Black case. It is distinguished in an understated way. :)

Aug 29, 2022 at 11:42 PM Post #3,985 of 5,745
Fresh insulation?

Eric suggested that older insulation could be the reason what I'm hearing on one of my 8 wires. So I'm waiting on Soc8 proto to confirm.

I am hearing some microphonics on my newer 8 wires as well.
Right, maybe due to different weather conditions too I suppose?

𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄*

Very sleek black companion case. Would be good if it came along with a snap hook to attach onto the side strap of the bag, just like the case that comes with Plato/ Socrates

Aug 30, 2022 at 2:37 AM Post #3,986 of 5,745
TEA TIME~!

I got in the office late today and wondered what's the ruckus about :

IMG3053.jpegMG3052.jpegIMG3050.jpeg

Thank you so much @metaljem77 for the sweet treats~!! We're gonna grow fat from this soon

Attachments

• IMG3051.jpeg
    IMG3051.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 0
Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Aug 30, 2022 at 4:52 AM Post #3,989 of 5,745
TEA TIME~!

I got in the office late today and wondered what's the ruckus about :

IMG3053.jpegMG3052.jpegIMG3050.jpeg

Thank you so much @metaljem77 for the sweet treats~!! We're gonna grow fat from this soon
Aw… SO SWEET! @metaljem77 I am definitely going for a visit to the Eletech office only when you are around. 😆

Aug 30, 2022 at 4:54 AM Post #3,990 of 5,745
Quick QQ :

Did you guys prefer the companion case with or without the hook (Iliad's vs Plato's) - design wise, not the leather choice.
Agnostic for me. I don’t actually hang my customs off anything. And so the slimmer profile without hook works nicely for me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back