Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Jun 25, 2021 at 1:46 AM Post #1,906 of 5,745
Anyone using an Eletech on the Trailli? Curious as to what people are preferring..

On the Isabellae, the Socrates is just fantastic. I had some weird preconception that the Socrates would be a bit darker, warmer... but there's some weird magic like how the Plato is silver but still sounds smooth.. The Socrates is the copper with the beautiful air and sparkle... that's not the right word, it's like all these overtones and vocal echoes that I hadn't really noticed are all coming to the fore and it just pulls you in... I just love this cable.. I dare say it has supplanted the Plato in my heart..

Well done team..
See Alex's impressions below(quoted from Traillii thread when i raised the question about the stock cable microphonics).
Probably the only impression of Eletech on the bird so far
If microphonics of 1960 cable bothers you, there won't be any complaints about it with @Eric Chong Eletech Aeneid or Iliad :wink:

Btw, Aeneid pair up with Traillii is different than Iliad. Iliad has a similar (or close enough) tonality and technical performance as stock 1960 4w, except the soundstage is a little narrower, what I hear as more depth/height than width. In a contrast, Aeneid changes the technical performance of the bird. The soundstage is as wide, but the sound becomes tighter and faster, with sharper decay of the notes which results in blacker background. This change sharpens the tonality and takes the analog edge off it. I wouldn't say it is better or worse, just different, and to my ears stock cable sounds more laidback and analog while Aeneid gives the sound a faster toe-tapping digital edge.

So, if microphonics of stock PWA cable bothers you and you want a blacker background and similar tonality with close enough soundstage expansion, Aeneid is a good alternative. If you don't mind a slightly narrower soundstage while keeping the rest of the performance close enough, Iliad is a good choice.

I haven't heard PWA Orpheus, but as you know, that bad boy is $4.7k. There is another upcoming mega-kilo-buck cable I'm testing right now, but under gag order so can't talk about it yet (and you might want to skip that review when it is out so you won't get tempted).

Also, please keep in mind, I'm not talking about cables in general, but a specific pair up synergy with Traillii while using LPGT as my neutral reference source.

eletech-aeneid-15.jpg eletech-aeneid-16.jpg

Jun 25, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #1,907 of 5,745
I didn’t know you went for the Traillii man!

I still hope to hear that one day! (And the Isabellae of course)

It was a convoluted route that just seemed to be the right choice..

I've only had 10 minutes with it so far.. Tempted to use the Socrates...

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #1,908 of 5,745
See Alex's impressions below(quoted from Traillii thread when i raised the question about the stock cable microphonics).
Probably the only impression of Eletech on the bird so far

Thanks!! still recovering from the shock of the Trailli, might be quite a while before I could even contemplate an Aeneid.
I do think the Socrates might sound great with them though..

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #1,909 of 5,745
Thanks!! still recovering from the shock of the Trailli, might be quite a while before I could even contemplate an Aeneid.
Congrats on pulling the trigger on Traillii~!! Looking forward to your impressions on various pairings and synergy! :)

-Eric

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Jun 25, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #1,910 of 5,745
It was a convoluted route that just seemed to be the right choice..

I've only had 10 minutes with it so far.. Tempted to use the Socrates...
Do it!!!

It won't hurt.

I still have yet to try an Eletech cable myself someday.

Jun 25, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #1,911 of 5,745
For the wonderful giveaway :)

1) Follow / Watch (DONE).
2) Favourite IEM : Campfire Audio Ara
3) Favourite Eletechs : The Iliad is obviously a true piece of jewelry, but the Socrates could be a wonderful bet on the Aras since it would thicken the sound a bit.
4) Perhaps giving a go at a copper and silver hybrid cable in the School of Athens line!

Thank you so much and for the coupon code as well.

Jun 25, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #1,912 of 5,745
For the giveaway:

1) Follow / Watch Eletech's Head-Fi Official Discussion Thread: done!
2) Let us know what's your favourite IEM(s) on Eletech's thread: Traillii, Odin, IE 900
3) Comment on our thread your favourite Eletech's product and what appeals to you: Socrates & Plato, both ordered a few minutes ago 😎

Jun 25, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #1,914 of 5,745
Aeneid doesn't seem to have the slider ring to tighten the cable around the ears on the picture. Am I correct?
It does. It's a high-quality one from Pentaconn, but you have to attach it to the cable yourself. It's a very easy process. Just make sure you don't lose the screw. :wink:

Jun 26, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #1,915 of 5,745
Trying my luck for the giveaway!!

1. Follow / Watch Eletech's Head-Fi Official Discussion Thread
Followed/Watched the thread

2. Let us know what's your favourite IEM(s) on Eletech's thread
Craft Ears Craft 6, Dita Dream XLS, Hidition NT6

3. Comment on our thread your favourite Eletech's product and what appeals to you
Socrates and Plato as they do not have the sound characteristics that is normally associated with their material of construction

4. [Optional] If you like to , let us know what you would like to see from Eletech's next!
A modular interchangeable plug system like the DITA Awesome plug system

Jun 26, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #1,916 of 5,745

I think it depends on what you are looking for. The Socrates will give you the organic, non-fatiguing sonics. Without muddying the details.

Jun 26, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #1,917 of 5,745
Do it!!!

It won't hurt.

I still have yet to try an Eletech cable myself someday.
When you finally make it across, bud! if I understand correctly, Jaben now carries them as well. Of course there’s always the Aladdin’s Cave aka Eletech workshop. :)

Jun 26, 2021 at 11:26 PM Post #1,919 of 5,745
CF9ECCF1-276D-48B0-9155-47B488A4F476.jpeg

Some lazy Sunday morning listening to Apple Music on the SS M11Plus LTD. Through the lovely Sony Z1R and the always pristine Plato. It does help bring control to the oftentimes irrational exuberance of the bass of the Z1R, allowing the treble extension and mids to shine. Sonic bliss. 🤗

Jun 27, 2021 at 2:35 AM Post #1,920 of 5,745
Trying my luck for the giveaway

1. Follow / Watch Eletech's Head-Fi Official Discussion Thread
done

2. Let us know what's your favourite IEM(s) on Eletech's thread
empire odin

3. Comment on our thread your favourite Eletech's product and what appeals to you
it will be eletech Iliad. a very balanced cable.

4. [Optional] If you like to , let us know what you would like to see from Eletech's next!
like the interchangeable converter upgrade to fit different IER with the favorite cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back