Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Jun 11, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #1,741 of 5,558
Am I the only one to think that Eletech went over the top with the Aenid, design and presentation wise, with the gold and everything? It seems that manufacturers are competing in "making a statement" with overdone design elements and lavish packaging these days (the useless briefcase that came with the R8 springs to mind). I count myself as a big fan of Eletech as I own several of their cables and have more incoming, but the Aenid is too much for me. I would think twice before wearing such a thing in public.

I know this is a fanboy thread but I still hope there is room for critical comments.

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:30 AM Post #1,742 of 5,558
Am I the only one to think that Eletech went over the top with the Aenid, design and presentation wise, with the gold and everything? It seems that manufacturers are competing in "making a statement" with overdone design elements and lavish packaging these days (the useless briefcase that came with the R8 springs to mind). I count myself as a big fan of Eletech as I own several of their cables and have more incoming, but the Aenid is too much for me. I would think twice before wearing such a thing in public.

I know this is a fanboy thread but I still hope there is room for critical comments.
Would you say the same about the Iliad? I know a few people who share your opinion and they tend to go for really minimalistic cables, but nothing in Eletech's lineup is what I'd consider as even close to minimalistic haha

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:46 AM Post #1,744 of 5,558
The Iliad is actually a cable I would like to own. It's the gold I don't care about.
That's fair. I mean, GPS cables are pretty popular in general, and I quite enjoy their sound too - I feel like the hardware matches the general theme of a GPS cable, but it is a heavily overstated and somewhat in-your-face design. I really enjoy that, but I can also see where you're coming from

Jun 11, 2021 at 4:10 AM Post #1,745 of 5,558
If it makes A18s almost too laid back I imagine it won’t pair well with Traillii either. I plan to find out myself eventually though 🙂
I’m also keen to see what will pair best with the bird (that doesn’t cost $4k wink wink). Thus far doesn’t look like Iliad or Aenid are ideal matches?

Jun 11, 2021 at 5:27 AM Post #1,746 of 5,558
The impressions I wrote of the Aeneid were with the A18s. I personally think it makes it a tad too laidback, especially in the upper-midrange, even though I loved what it did to the A18s's stage. I'd say it's most-ideally paired with an IEM that's on the airier, lighter side of neutral. The EE ODIN, the VE ELYSIUM and the JH Audio Jolene come to mind. But, if a cozy-er, more relaxed sound is what you want out of your A18s, then the pairing could definitely work for your tastes.
I'm listening to the VE7 with the Aeneid right now, and I absolutely agree.

Jun 11, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #1,747 of 5,558
Have been away for abit recently, been sorting out both the Aeneid and also sponsorship on HeadFi.

Not at all a fanboy thread, i see it as a Eletech discussion thread and for us the makers to gather more information on our products feedbacks :) Love the comments, we have been improving our craft from all the feedbacks from the community here!

Meanwhile, A very interesting notion that you brought up. Do you guys think we should dial back abit on the design and opulence and move for simplicity and minimalistic?

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Jun 11, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #1,748 of 5,558
Have been away for abit recently, been sorting out both the Aeneid and also sponsorship on HeadFi.

Not at all a fanboy thread, i see it as a Eletech discussion thread and for us the makers to gather more information on our products feedbacks :) Love the comments, we have been improving our craft from all the feedbacks from the community here!

Meanwhile, A very interesting notion that you brought up. Do you guys think we should dial back abit on the design and opulence and move for simplicity and minimalistic?
Please no. Literally no other brand delivers this level of design complexity and elaboration

Jun 11, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #1,749 of 5,558

I think it depends on the design? If I'm paying top dollar for Aeneid and my recently acquired Iliad, I want to maximize every cent I paid for it.

There are situations that call for a Rolls Royce and there are some that call for a Lambo. As long as we aren't in an 'either or' camp and somehow Eric could introduce an understated line that fits in the existing product line up.

That being said, I love what Parnassus offers and I wouldn't change it. The Eletech aesthetics and build, particularly in the Parnassus line, is unmatched and is the reason why I choose Eletech.

Jun 11, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #1,750 of 5,558

Being completely honest, I absolutely love the design of the Socrates, Plato and Iliad (all of which I own) but I feel the Aeneid is maybe one step too ‘gaudy’ and literal in the design of the Y-split for my tastes, specifically the gold representation of the ruins. Of course, if I could afford it right now, I’d probably still buy it as Eletech’s cables are so fantastic, but it would be the first of your amazing creations that I’d think about wearing a little more discretely. I just think I prefer the more abstracted designs of the earlier cables. The purple case is absolutely gorgeous though. Clearly I’m just immensely jealous of everyone who is currently enjoying the Aeneid…

Jun 11, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #1,751 of 5,558
Aeneid, just like other Eletech cables, has a theme based design which I think is very appropriate since you get the whole story as you unbox the product, making it more unique to stand out from competition. Of course, you can argue that many people unbox and throw away the packaging, especially when it comes to cables, but I know of quite a few who save Eletech boxes and put them on a bookshelf cause they do look like actual books.

Another thing, they make this extravagant packaging, yet the pricing is very competitive relative to other brands making similar flagship cables. So, in theory you are not paying extra for the packaging. And, for those who are not familiar, this cable hardware is designed by Eletech but manufactured by Pentaconn, the same as the latest MMR Balmung shells, and from what I heard cost is high.

And last, but not least, the unboxing pictures I posted above are zoomed in, while y-split is the same size as on most of the other cables. So, it is not overwhelming or bulky, rather very compact and detailed.

Jun 11, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #1,752 of 5,558
I think it depends on the design? If I'm paying top dollar for Aeneid and my recently acquired Iliad, I want to maximize every cent I paid for it.

There are situations that call for a Rolls Royce and there are some that call for a Lambo. As long as we aren't in an 'either or' camp and somehow Eric could introduce an understated line that fits in the existing product line up.

That being said, I love what Parnassus offers and I wouldn't change it. The Eletech aesthetics and build, particularly in the Parnassus line, is unmatched and is the reason why I choose Eletech.
I agree with this completely. There's a time and place for everything, and I feel that the flagship offering is the appropriate place to go a bit over-the-top. I'd love for Eletech to also come out with something more performer or on-the-go-oriented, perhaps; lighter and simpler in hardware, but with their touch of class. But, that's for another line-up, another time. For an offering this pricey and exclusive, I'd, again, rather get something that's a bit out-there than something that's safe. But, that's just me. :)

As always, though, any feedback or critique on any thread is (and should be) more than welcome. There shouldn't be such a thing as a fanboy thread. That helps no one; not the manufacturers and, especially, not the consumers.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #1,753 of 5,558
@Eric Chong All the discussion about different types of approach to the presentation of cables gives me an idea: a line of cables with more minimalist and/or zen design. Simple designs which allow the glory of the cables themselves to shine through - the workmanship of the cable itself and perhaps some elegant but understated design touches. Might make for an easier conversation when I am passing through some slightly more dodgy jurisdictions where the transit point officials may be otherwise tempted.

Perhaps this range could be the Traveller or the Zen or Tranquility range.

Haha! I can say speak about tranquility as I have finally gotten around to installing Bootcamp on my personal MacBook Pro and so am able at last to install some gorgeous FW which is giving my Sony 1A and 1Z a new lease of life. :) Listening with FitEar EST and the Aeneid.

51ED3C62-843D-45A7-A04B-AA53D9B3C10B.jpeg
9D382D06-EF89-44AC-9BBC-9FFE255E6DC3.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #1,754 of 5,558
yeah I think there is a market for both premium range and standard range
only issue is those companies that make the standard products much less better
so be good if elentech standard ones are as good sounding but premium ones are better looking and have better box and accessories.

Jun 11, 2021 at 11:34 PM Post #1,755 of 5,558
Geez... is there something wrong with the notifications? I just found out that the last 3 pages exist..

Amazing impressions of the Aeneid..

As far as the "gaudy" factor... I agree with the sentiment that as a statement piece it should go all out. I don't see the actual pics looking "too much" at all. The press photos with the smoother gold wire look might have been a bit much for my tastes but the actual photos look in line with the rest of the cables with the splitter being a very a propos upscaled design. Also, not everyone buys cables because they sound great. Some people buy them for the aesthetic and ergonomic feature only and don't even believe that the sound is different enough.. In this case they've gotta look good and the Aeneid delivers.

Also, anyone looking to sell a Socrates in 2pin/2.5mm let me know as I'm looking for one for my new Oriolus Isabellae. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back