Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Aug 26, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #782 of 5,613
:birthday: Happy birthday @Eric Chong :champagne_glass: Hope you have a great day ahead!

Aug 26, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #783 of 5,613
@kel77 I have now had time to rotate to the FitEar Air 2 on the Socrates. I was listening to the same tracks I had tried with the FitEar MH 335 DWSR. Difference is this time I’m listening via the SP1000Cu. I can’t say I hear any bloated bass. If anything the Air 2 is very refined and organic. I am not sure about your tolerance for bass cos I alternate between the Titan and Air2 cos the bass in the Air2 is more fun and organic where the Titan seems more tuned for treble extension.

But nope. No bass bloat. :)
Thanks for the impressions.
Will try it for myself hopefully when it is available at Connectit.
I tried Prudence with Air2 and the bass was too strong for my liking. Plato was better suited. Didnt try Illiad as it is out of my price range.

Aug 27, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #784 of 5,613
:birthday: Happy birthday @Eric Chong :champagne_glass: Hope you have a great day ahead!
Eric's birthday? Happy birthday buddy!
Dog-Blows-Out-Birthday-Candles.gif

Aug 27, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #788 of 5,613
I tried Prudence with Air2 and the bass was too strong for my liking. Plato was better suited. Didnt try Illiad as it is out of my price range.

Bro, are you talking about Socrates? The demo is already available at ConnectIT@313

Aug 27, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #791 of 5,613

No worries. Yes, try it out for yourself. I found it nice and organic. But your sensitivity to bass may be different from mine. :)

Though I’d hardly call myself a bass head. I’m perfectly listening to the Final Audio A8000 as I am to the B1.

Aug 28, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #792 of 5,613
No worries. Yes, try it out for yourself. I found it nice and organic. But your sensitivity to bass may be different from mine. :)

Though I’d hardly call myself a bass head. I’m perfectly listening to the Final Audio A8000 as I am to the B1.

Heh, I was on the A8000 review tour, and now I own the B1 and am currently in the process of reviewing that.
When I first listened to the B1, I remember thinking "Oh, if they could take some of the character of the B1 and add it to the A8000, it could be my perfect IEM" :D
Final Audio have tuned both of these IEMs in a way that they do something I haven't really noticed on other IEMs.
The detail is all there, but somehow it's very subtle, and I just find myself noticing a LOT of details but in a very organic and unobtrusive way.
It's like other IEMs are waving and shouting "hey, look at these cool details!", whereas the Final Audio ones just let them spread out beautifully before you, saying nothing, and you can't help noticing them, again and again :)

The B1 are, for me, the most exquisite IEMs I've laid eyes on.
20200812_151221.jpg PLUS20200123_154015.jpg

The cable is quite nice, just a clear, silver-plated copper one.
But I'm already planning to cable roll and try the Eletech Prudence on it.
Firstly because I feel it's the perfect complement to the jewellery-like aesthetic of the B1, and secondly because I have a feeling that its sound signature might have a really good synergy with the B1 :)

I bought an MMCX, 4.4mm Prudence specially for the purpose; thanks @mvvRAZ :D

Aug 29, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #794 of 5,613
@Layman1 : What kind of material plated on your 4.4 mm plug of Prudence?

It looks a shiny silver colour, and that's good enough for me :D
Perhaps rubidium plating. It's important to keep your plugs clean and dry :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Seriously though, ou'd be better asking @Eric Chong this type of question, haha.

Aug 30, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #795 of 5,613
A little late to the party - 'turns out Photoshopping dust off of black insulation is a major pain-in-the-butt - but I've finally published my Socrates review, live now on THL! :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back