Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Mar 24, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #406 of 5,576
Collin- I just read the chief medical officer in Marin tested positive. I lived there for 50 years. Down here in the county I live in there're only a few cases and every one of them is in quarantine.

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #407 of 5,576
Looks like the Canjams won't be happening soon - Bummer! At this point, I'm not even sure if the August SG Canjam will be proceeding as planned. Singapore's is almost replicating UK's lockdown with a whole lot of shutdown on all entertainment outlets till the end of next month. Short term visitors are barred entry as well..

It's a strange feeling after attending all Canjams for the past 5-6 years - I used to say how i wish i could take time off and skip Canjams / Trade shows for a year. Now when it's come to reality, missing a year of hanging out at Canjams just doesn't feel right =/

Lets all hunker down and stay safe till this thing blows over!

Meanwhile our team was toying with the idea of a possibility of a Loaner Demo Tour in lieu of missing the Canjams - assuming that logistics still work. What do you guys think?

-Eric

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Mar 25, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #408 of 5,576
Looks like the Canjams won't be happening soon - Bummer! At this point, I'm not even sure if the August SG Canjam will be proceeding as planned. Singapore's is almost replicating UK's lockdown with a whole lot of shutdown on all entertainment outlets till the end of next month. Short term visitors are barred entry as well..

It's a strange feeling after attending all Canjams for the past 5-6 years - I used to say how i wish i could take time off and skip Canjams / Trade shows for a year. Now when it's come to reality, missing a year of hanging out at Canjams just doesn't feel right =/

Lets all hunker down and stay safe till this thing blows over!

Meanwhile our team was toying with the idea of a possibility of a Loaner Demo Tour in lieu of missing the Canjams - assuming that logistics still work. What do you guys think?

-Eric
It’s day 2 of Lockdown here in the UK and I’m still sane.:relaxed:

A loaner program sounds really good. Subject of course to whether courier services are still operating or not. A Royal Mail postman did deliver letters to me yesterday so I guess that is a good sign. Not sure about DHL, UPS etc so I cant comment there. I don’t know about Singapore, but in the UK we are not allowed out to go on any non-essential journeys. The Govt are very clear on what essential means. Not sure therefore how cables could be returned to you in the current climate, at least in the next few months.

However, as long as you trusted those with the gear to keep it safe then perhaps time limits may not be an issue.

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #409 of 5,576

A loaner program sounds really good. Subject of course to whether courier services are still operating or not. A Royal Mail postman did deliver letters to me yesterday so I guess that is a good sign. Not sure about DHL, UPS etc so I cant comment there. I don’t know about Singapore, but in the UK we are not allowed out to go on any non-essential journeys. The Govt are very clear on what essential means. Not sure therefore how cables could be returned to you in the current climate, at least in the next few months.

However, as long as you trusted those with the gear to keep it safe then perhaps time limits may not be an issue.
DHL is the only ones I'd trust currently, USPS are carrying a Focal Clear of mine and it's been missing for a week now. UPS also said they pretty much can't guarantee package delivery due to the current situation, apparently a lot of stuff are getting lost

Been shipping with DHL though and they've been rock solid as always, I love that company

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #410 of 5,576
Love the idea but shipping will likely be the deciding factor. I tried to order something on Amazon and even the Prime service seems to be slow or no. I am getting USPS, but am not sure what else is working. Two weeks ago I had no problems with a number of shippers.

I missed CanJam last year, as we went to Hawaii on the day of (not a bad tradeoff) but WAS looking forward to it this year. For you, as a new company, it's an important part of growing a new business so I feel for you.

Stay well and sane. I've been in a few weeks now and and all I can say it that it's an adjustment.

Mar 25, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #411 of 5,576
Ummmm loaner tour?

giphy.gif

In classic fashion, I got Eric's permission to post his impressions of Plato vs. Iliad with Legend X and then went on about my life and completely forgot. Sorry! Here is what he said...

---

With the Legend X, i first got it hooked to the Iliad. With "Iliad", the Legend X get a tad bit more bloom and rumble. The lows are further enhanced having a bigger bass, bigger lows presentation. The lows do get a tad more airier but definitely not tightened down. Midrange is more forward sounding and much more intimate and beefier, It brings the vocals closer to you and every spatial details are brought out effortlessly. Soundstage wise, it enhances the depth and height but not so much on the width (LX already has a large staging). All in all, this would be something to go for if you would prefer a warmer and sweeter sound with an intimate and meaty presentation...

However when i swapped it out to the "Plato" i was immediately surprised. Plato immediately subdued the lows (not in a bad way). The bass sounded really fast and snappy with a lot of texture behind it. Lows decay was extremely accurate - something which i've never gotten out of the LX before. The midrange has loads of vibrance and zest to it but keeping it dead center of the stage rather than being intimate - with that you get loads of air and vocals sounded almost effortless. Highs were definitely shows more presences with a light sparkle but still smooth - more laidback rather than taking an aggressive stance. Staging is superb! It introduces airiness while keeping the entire staging solid without missing any meatiness.

---

Cheers and hope everyone is staying healthy,

-Collin-

Mar 25, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #412 of 5,576
Ummmm loaner tour?

giphy.gif

In classic fashion, I got Eric's permission to post his impressions of Plato vs. Iliad with Legend X and then went on about my life and completely forgot. Sorry! Here is what he said...

---

With the Legend X, i first got it hooked to the Iliad. With "Iliad", the Legend X get a tad bit more bloom and rumble. The lows are further enhanced having a bigger bass, bigger lows presentation. The lows do get a tad more airier but definitely not tightened down. Midrange is more forward sounding and much more intimate and beefier, It brings the vocals closer to you and every spatial details are brought out effortlessly. Soundstage wise, it enhances the depth and height but not so much on the width (LX already has a large staging). All in all, this would be something to go for if you would prefer a warmer and sweeter sound with an intimate and meaty presentation...

However when i swapped it out to the "Plato" i was immediately surprised. Plato immediately subdued the lows (not in a bad way). The bass sounded really fast and snappy with a lot of texture behind it. Lows decay was extremely accurate - something which i've never gotten out of the LX before. The midrange has loads of vibrance and zest to it but keeping it dead center of the stage rather than being intimate - with that you get loads of air and vocals sounded almost effortless. Highs were definitely shows more presences with a light sparkle but still smooth - more laidback rather than taking an aggressive stance. Staging is superb! It introduces airiness while keeping the entire staging solid without missing any meatiness.

---

-Collin-
That’s good to know about each cable. From the impressions given I think I would prefer the warmer and sweeter sound with the Iliad.

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #413 of 5,576

I think the Lockdown isn't that bad here in Singapore. Life goes on as usual with just a wee bit of inconvenience here and there. That said, all travel plans and events have to be postponed till further notice though. See the thing about Loaner program at this moment is that i've yet to find a courier that's guaranteed to work across the globe at this moment due to the COVID situation. We've put our feelers out and awaiting further news.

Well regards to travel, Singapore's a little softer in approach but generally it's the same as barring travel - Any citizens travelling out henceforth and contracted COVID shall have all medical subsidies revoked. IE - you're screwed if you decide to travel and when you contract COVID...

Returning the cables back to me in the short term isn't my cause of concern. It's more of having the cables moved point to point to different demo participants.

DHL is the only ones I'd trust currently, USPS are carrying a Focal Clear of mine and it's been missing for a week now. UPS also said they pretty much can't guarantee package delivery due to the current situation, apparently a lot of stuff are getting lost

Been shipping with DHL though and they've been rock solid as always, I love that company

See bruh - Remembered i told you DHL has NEVER disappointed me before? It has happened now due to COVID. Can't blame them definitely but it's no longer foolproof in current circumstances.

Love the idea but shipping will likely be the deciding factor. I tried to order something on Amazon and even the Prime service seems to be slow or no. I am getting USPS, but am not sure what else is working. Two weeks ago I had no problems with a number of shippers.

I missed CanJam last year, as we went to Hawaii on the day of (not a bad tradeoff) but WAS looking forward to it this year. For you, as a new company, it's an important part of growing a new business so I feel for you.

Stay well and sane. I've been in a few weeks now and and all I can say it that it's an adjustment.

That's definitely a great trade-off - Hawaii for SoCal. Well, SoCal should still be happening this Dec ..by then things should return to normal (I Hope!)

Ummmm loaner tour?

giphy.gif

---

---

-Collin-

Hahahaha~ Hey no complaints here, Well you've got a newborn to celebrate and care for! No worries! :) Stay safe buddy

-Eric

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Mar 26, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #414 of 5,576
@Hana Yu

Y'kno what? If we managed to settle the Logistics issue, we could do a joint tour with the new Lotoo S1 that i've been hearing so much about :D

-Eric

Mar 26, 2020 at 2:48 AM Post #415 of 5,576
@Hana Yu

Y'kno what? If we managed to settle the Logistics issue, we could do a joint tour with the new Lotoo S1 that i've been hearing so much about :D

-Eric
Hey Eric. I'd love to do that for sure. How about we start from Singapore/Malaysia, once the situation improves? Even better, I'll fly myself to Singapore to do a joint event with Eletech and MMR! With that in mind, I hope you can get to audition the S1 as soon as possible :L3000:

Mar 26, 2020 at 2:49 AM Post #416 of 5,576
I think the Lockdown isn't that bad here in Singapore. Life goes on as usual with just a wee bit of inconvenience here and there. That said, all travel plans and events have to be postponed till further notice though. See the thing about Loaner program at this moment is that i've yet to find a courier that's guaranteed to work across the globe at this moment due to the COVID situation. We've put our feelers out and awaiting further news.

Well regards to travel, Singapore's a little softer in approach but generally it's the same as barring travel - Any citizens travelling out henceforth and contracted COVID shall have all medical subsidies revoked. IE - you're screwed if you decide to travel and when you contract COVID...

Returning the cables back to me in the short term isn't my cause of concern. It's more of having the cables moved point to point to different demo participants.

See bruh - Remembered i told you DHL has NEVER disappointed me before? It has happened now due to COVID. Can't blame them definitely but it's no longer foolproof in current circumstances.

That's definitely a great trade-off - Hawaii for SoCal. Well, SoCal should still be happening this Dec ..by then things should return to normal (I Hope!)

Hahahaha~ Hey no complaints here, Well you've got a newborn to celebrate and care for! No worries! :) Stay safe buddy

-Eric
What was the case with DHL? A delay or did they completely lose a package?

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:30 PM Post #417 of 5,576
Hey Eric. I'd love to do that for sure. How about we start from Singapore/Malaysia, once the situation improves? Even better, I'll fly myself to Singapore to do a joint event with Eletech and MMR! With that in mind, I hope you can get to audition the S1 as soon as possible :L3000:

That would be awesome !! Say, if you're coming by, Im definitely gathering the old team for a proper hang out xD That said, looking forward to try the S1. I think it could be a real alternative to DAPs!

What was the case with DHL? A delay or did they completely lose a package?

I've a case of delay and a case of non-shipment at the moment - Thankfully they still aren't losing packages (kudos to them).

-Eric

Mar 27, 2020 at 6:33 AM Post #418 of 5,576
Hey guys, here is my take on the Plato:

https://everydaylistening.net/2020/03/27/eletech-plato-iem-cable/

TL;DR: This is not a cable for adding warmth, body or improving timbre. On the other hand, if you are looking for a super neutral cable to improve the overall performance (stage, separation, layering and details) of your audio chain, Plato is going to be a great choice.

Mar 27, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #419 of 5,576
That would be awesome !! Say, if you're coming by, Im definitely gathering the old team for a proper hang out xD That said, looking forward to try the S1. I think it could be a real alternative to DAPs!

I've a case of delay and a case of non-shipment at the moment - Thankfully they still aren't losing packages (kudos to them).

-Eric
Yeah if you ask me not losing packages is as much as one can really ask for in a time like this :D

Mar 27, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #420 of 5,576

Users who are viewing this thread

Back