Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Jan 6, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #1,111 of 5,606
Anybody has a comparison or impressions of the Prudence / Fortitude 8w against the Socrates?

Both the Projects 8 differ quite a lot from the Socrates in terms of their synergy and as well as the their Signature.

Project 8 - Fortitude essentially elevates the performance of the regular Fortitude whilst retaining it's signature from before. It goes for a balanced and detail signature with no huge lift in any frequencies range. I would say that the Fortitude is a gearing a little more towards detailed oriented than warm and fuzzy. Where Socrates and Fortitude differs most is in the presentation of soundstage with the Fortitude 8 banking on "Width and Air" and Socrates on "Depth and Layering".

Project 8 - Prudence wouldn't be a close compare with the Socrates though, both going with a drastically different sound presentation. Prudence 8 is more about dynamism, punchy lows and exciting energy up top.

It's regretful that we couldn't offer the Project 8s year round. We hope to bring back the project sometime in this year perhaps with additional offerings like Plato / Socrates! :)

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Jan 7, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #1,112 of 5,606
Hey bro, I have been reading up on the Plato and I was curious if you have heard the EA Cleopatra 4 wire and could compare? I own the Cleo 4 wire and love it with my K10U and I am thinking the Plato could perhaps be a step up, with a similar detailed yet smooth sound and weighty lows, with perhaps better separation and air, but would love to hear your thoughts.
Sorry just seeing this!

I'm afraid I don't have the 4w cleo to compare :/ The Plato is especially good where separation is concerned, but I wouldn't say it brings weight to the bass - in a sense it does the opposite, sucks out some of the decay and makes it faster and tighter. It does extend very nicely, but I think the Cleo might be brighter up top based on the 8w version of it I owned a while back

Jan 7, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #1,113 of 5,606
Sorry just seeing this!

I'm afraid I don't have the 4w cleo to compare :/ The Plato is especially good where separation is concerned, but I wouldn't say it brings weight to the bass - in a sense it does the opposite, sucks out some of the decay and makes it faster and tighter. It does extend very nicely, but I think the Cleo might be brighter up top based on the 8w version of it I owned a while back
Using the Trio I had a different experience with the Plato bass. Although it was faster and tighter as mentioned, I found that the bass was pounding with real impact. Of course this outcome for me could be dependent on using a particular source and IEM. I’m not really sure on that aspect.

Jan 7, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #1,114 of 5,606
Sorry just seeing this!

Thanks man!

Jan 7, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #1,115 of 5,606
Using the Trio I had a different experience with the Plato bass. Although it was faster and tighter as mentioned, I found that the bass was pounding with real impact. Of course this outcome for me could be dependent on using a particular source and IEM. I’m not really sure on that aspect.
Thanks for the info! I have noticed that my iems can react differently with the same cable, so I don't doubt what you are hearing.

Jan 7, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #1,116 of 5,606
Both the Projects 8 differ quite a lot from the Socrates in terms of their synergy and as well as the their Signature.

Project 8 - Fortitude essentially elevates the performance of the regular Fortitude whilst retaining it's signature from before. It goes for a balanced and detail signature with no huge lift in any frequencies range. I would say that the Fortitude is a gearing a little more towards detailed oriented than warm and fuzzy. Where Socrates and Fortitude differs most is in the presentation of soundstage with the Fortitude 8 banking on "Width and Air" and Socrates on "Depth and Layering".

Project 8 - Prudence wouldn't be a close compare with the Socrates though, both going with a drastically different sound presentation. Prudence 8 is more about dynamism, punchy lows and exciting energy up top.

It's regretful that we couldn't offer the Project 8s year round. We hope to bring back the project sometime in this year perhaps with additional offerings like Plato / Socrates! :)
That is some great info there, as I was wanting to know how the Project 8 Fortitude and Socrates compared as well. I definitely want to hear the Socrates some day soon. In the meantime, I am super excited and "chomping at the bit", to get my Project 8 Fortitude. :ksc75smile:

Jan 7, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #1,117 of 5,606
Thanks for the info! I have noticed that my iems can react differently with the same cable, so I don't doubt what you are hearing.
When I say bass was pounding I meant on the relevant type of tracks. Eg. EDM and Hip-hop were excellent. Of course if you are listening to Brahms or Bach it will be a bit of a different experience. As I said it may likely be dependent on your sources also. Cables I believe are supposed to be the last tweek in the chain.

But, I would feel quite confident in recommending the Plato. It’s a very good cable. I was actually taken aback with how good it sounded. I think this was because I was so intent on trying and hopefully loving the Socrates and Iliad that the Plato sort of took a back seat in the proceedings. Once I started listening to the Plato though it all changed. I was very impressed and I actually kept it hooked up to my dap and IEM’s for some listening sessions.

Jan 7, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #1,118 of 5,606
For sure, the Plato has a rather present midbass to my ears as well. There might be a small lift as you say, or it could be a perception thing? When you suck out some of the decay your brain ends up noticing the midbass more? Someone more experienced could enlighten us here :D

Jan 8, 2021 at 1:24 AM Post #1,119 of 5,606
That is some great info there, as I was wanting to know how the Project 8 Fortitude and Socrates compared as well. I definitely want to hear the Socrates some day soon. In the meantime, I am super excited and "chomping at the bit", to get my Project 8 Fortitude. :ksc75smile:

It's shipped out! :) Check your mail. Let me know if you've had the tracker yeah?

For sure, the Plato has a rather present midbass to my ears as well. There might be a small lift as you say, or it could be a perception thing? When you suck out some of the decay your brain ends up noticing the midbass more? Someone more experienced could enlighten us here :D

The "Plato" is quite a chameleon really, usually rather neutral and changes with every different IEM pairing. "Plato" mainly provides detail retrieval and works on the air and headroom. While there's a constant in the midbass warmth that makes Plato less harsh than traditional silvers.

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Jan 8, 2021 at 4:15 AM Post #1,120 of 5,606
It's shipped out! :) Check your mail. Let me know if you've had the tracker yeah?

The "Plato" is quite a chameleon really, usually rather neutral and changes with every different IEM pairing. "Plato" mainly provides detail retrieval and works on the air and headroom. While there's a constant in the midbass warmth that makes Plato less harsh than traditional silvers.
Hey there Eric! I got the shipping notification and I am super excited to see and hear my first Eletech cable very soon. :ksc75smile: Thanks for the update, and fast turnaround.

Jan 8, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #1,121 of 5,606
Hey there Eric! I got the shipping notification and I am super excited to see and hear my first Eletech cable very soon. :ksc75smile: Thanks for the update, and fast turnaround.
Sorry if I missed it, but what cable have you bought?

Jan 8, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #1,122 of 5,606
Sorry if I missed it, but what cable have you bought?
I have a Project 8 Fortitude on the way. I love the sound of pure copper cables with my current iems, and can't wait to add an Eletech cable to my collection. :ksc75smile: I plan to try it with my Noble K10U first, and considering my preferences in sound and from what I have read I think this could be a killer pairing.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #1,123 of 5,606
I have a Project 8 Fortitude on the way. I love the sound of pure copper cables with my current iems, and can't wait to add an Eletech cable to my collection. :ksc75smile: I plan to try it with my Noble K10U first, and considering my preferences in sound and from what I have read I think this could be a killer pairing.
That’s great. The Prudence was my second favourite in the range. I only had the 4 wire though. I would be interested in hearing what the Project 8 sounds like.

Jan 10, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #1,124 of 5,606
EU Cables Tour - Impressions

Apologies if there's a better place to put this; I'll move it if required.
First of all, thanks to @mvvRAZ and @Eric Chong from Eletech for allowing these units out on a European Tour.

My position at the moment is that, after being on the Thummim tour, I had to pull out all the stops to snag me a pair! I succeeded but at the cost of having to sell some other gear and also the Plato cable that comes as stock! So, I am effectively at status 'in between' DAP and cable. My IEM setup is thus currently Thummim -> EA AresII -> Lotoo PAW S1. Simple but more than effective whilst I rebuild! :)

So, using the EA AresII as a baseline (with the Thummim), I find it very mid forward, detailed, fairly narrow/shallow staging and imaging and depth. It can become a bit fatiguing in the set up used for testing. It's by no means bad (it would have to be to seriously hobble the Thummim), in fact it's a solid upgrade vs many stock cables.

Right then.....

727BA153-7D31-4551-A1E3-694BB9A3BEF4.jpeg

Fortitude
Build - light, soft rubbery feel, quality hardware. I think this is perhaps pitched more at the level of EA ErosII rather than AresII. Regardless, off the bat, this is a step forward from the AresII. Warmer, richer with more detail and wider staging. More W shaped sig; nice sub bass quantity, lacking detail but not one note. Treble is just right. This makes the Thummim start to sound, well..... Thummim like!

Prudence
For what is $50 price increase, the Prudence, to my ears, is a big step up from Fortitude and it's the first of the Electech range that starts to help the Thummim cut loose of any shackles that lesser cables might impose. It's nicely balanced, tonality wise. As the Thummim review unit I had only had Prudence available, this was my first introduction to both MMR and Eletech. It was enough for me to take the leap into being a Thummim owner! I'm a fan of this one.

Socrates
This has more in common with the Fortitude, more mid forward (especially uppers), so it can sound a bit shouty. Whilst it improves on the technicalities of the Fortitude, it seems a slight mistep backward (for me), unless you're a mids mega fan. I'm not a big fan of the black, stiff rubberised coating below and above the splitter. I'd sum this one up as Fortitude on steroids.

Plato.
Now as the stock Thummim cable I was super keen to hear this one! As the cable chosen to be stock with the Thummim, you'd expect there to be good synergy and there certainly is (and for the price point we're dealing with here, you'd hope so!). The tonality introduced with the Prudence is built on here with more bells, whistles and yes, steroids. Lots of steroids! This is level full Thummim 5. It's the technicalities here that really cut loose, imaging and depth open up before you (and all around you for that matter). Detailing takes a leap forward, taking separation and layering along for the ride. Build quality again is a step up; feel and pliability are a pleasure

Iliad
This may come as no surprise but guess what.....yup, the Iliad is another step up. It inherits all the characteristics of its monocrystal silver predecessor (Plato), throws in palladium plating and a splash of gold-silver alloy and knocks it out of the park! If this cable was a friend, you'd be having a safely distanced chat (for fear of a 'roid rage' induced mauling), about maybe, just maybe thinking about cutting down on the 'roids! It's an expensive power up this one but you'd be in for the long haul with it so think of it as an investment!

If I were to rank these cables based on my own preferences, I'd go for (in reverse order):

- Fortitude
- Socrates

I'm going to pair these together as Copper based kin. If you have an upper 'budget' or mid tier IEM you'd like to beef up with a little more warmth, detailed mids and slightly better technicalities. Something that's all wrapped up in a solid build, then you could do worse than try the Fortitude. Same scenario but where you may want that same tonality but are seeking to eek out more technical performance from your IEMs, then the Socrates could be for you. Hand on heart, the build, aesthetics and cost of the Socrates means its just not for me.

Next up

- Prudence

Prudence stands on it's own to me; it takes the plus points of the above cables and, as the first in the range to feature silver in it's construct (it's an SPC build), to my ears it takes a noticeable leap forward. It's a real sweetspot in the range for me, equally at home in helping you get the most out of your 'every day carry' as it is ensuring you get the most out of your 'at home only' IEMs! It's a great bridging point between the copper based and silver based cables in the Eletech Range.

Finally:

- Plato
- Iliad

First things first, if you're not a big believer in cables, save your money. If you can though, give these two cables a demo. As part of that demo, obviously where possible, use your own setup and same reference sections of the same reference tracks and I'd genuinely be surprised if you didn't quite quickly start to pick up on the performance upgrade that these cables provide. Whether it's worth enough to you to warrant the expense, only you can decide. Plato, to me is an exceptional cable, Iliad is just ridiculous!

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #1,125 of 5,606
Just got an "Out for delivery" notice for my Project 8 Fortitude. Fun times ahead! :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back