Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Aug 13, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #691 of 5,624
@Eric Chong has finally allowed me to share some impressions with y'all, and tomorrow will be the official unveiling of this magnificent son of a *

I hinted at a new Eletech release in quite a few chats and groups, and the first question I received every single time was whether it's going to be yet another 2000$ ultra flagship - I was deviously happy to say it's not even close to that. What I love about Eletech, and I've been quite vocal about that since the conception of the company, is that they give equal love to all their releases, and each one has an elaborate, unique and independent design while adhering to a larger design philosophy that they've laid out with the three schools.

Eletech absolutely outdid themselves with their new release, to the point where Pentaconn almost dropped them due to the complexity of the design of the split - I'm extremely glad however that they managed to pull it off, as it looks outrageously cool while maintaining the hardware quality that I've been gushing over since the very beginning. To this day I haven't come across a cable brand with this level of consistency in their hardware manufacturing. I suppose that's more of a praise to Pentaconn than Eletech, but hey, kudos to them for picking a quality supplier. I'll discuss the design further tomorrow and post some photos once it's been officially unveiled

I'm guessing if you're on this thread you're kinda past the whole cable debate, so I'll dive straight into it - Eletech's new release is definitely what I'd classify as a warm cable, bordering on slightly dark. I'm assuming you've guessed the material at this point, but what I found unique about cable XXXXX is that it is actually shaves off a little from the upper midrange while leaving the middle and upper treble as is - that way it doesn't suffocate the IEM and retains the treble extension that has become absolutely key to me enjoying a set.

In terms of intangibles, I'd say the most defining characteristic is the texture/thickness it adds to the mix - I absolutely loved how it pairs with my A18S and LE Phantom which are both on the thinner side compared to my other IEMs. It also provides a slightly better separation (nothing close to the monstrosity that is the Plato in that respect however), but it significantly enhances the soundstage width. I generally see this cable as a good pairing for brighter, upper-midrange-forward IEMs - some combinations that I'm envisioning would be great without having tried them would be the Campfire Ara, their Solaris SE and 2020, the U18t and the IER Z1R. I'm leaving the Odin out because I'll be able to let you know about that pairing as early as next week in my Odin review!

Unfortunately this post isn't followed by a dope photo of a dope cable but I'll be able to post photos of the full lineup as early as tomorrow!!

Happy listening boys

I just noticed the "Lonely Eletech Prudence" in your signature, haha.
If it's MMCX, I have two new IEMs that can offer it a potential home :D

Aug 13, 2020 at 4:32 AM Post #692 of 5,624
I just noticed the "Lonely Eletech Prudence" in your signature, haha.
If it's MMCX, I have two new IEMs that can offer it a potential home :D
You want me to sell you my Prudence or you want me to buy your IEMs? :D

Which ones do you have, I'm esp interested in a 2020 Andro right now but I don't wanna pay full retail haha

Aug 13, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #693 of 5,624
You want me to sell you my Prudence or you want me to buy your IEMs? :D

Which ones do you have, I'm esp interested in a 2020 Andro right now but I don't wanna pay full retail haha

It was more of a 'buying the Prudence' idea unfortunately :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Will PM you about this :)

Aug 13, 2020 at 5:01 AM Post #694 of 5,624
@Eric Chong has finally allowed me to share some impressions with y'all, and tomorrow will be the official unveiling of this magnificent son of a *

I hinted at a new Eletech release in quite a few chats and groups, and the first question I received every single time was whether it's going to be yet another 2000$ ultra flagship - I was deviously happy to say it's not even close to that. What I love about Eletech, and I've been quite vocal about that since the conception of the company, is that they give equal love to all their releases, and each one has an elaborate, unique and independent design while adhering to a larger design philosophy that they've laid out with the three schools.

Eletech absolutely outdid themselves with their new release, to the point where Pentaconn almost dropped them due to the complexity of the design of the split - I'm extremely glad however that they managed to pull it off, as it looks outrageously cool while maintaining the hardware quality that I've been gushing over since the very beginning. To this day I haven't come across a cable brand with this level of consistency in their hardware manufacturing. I suppose that's more of a praise to Pentaconn than Eletech, but hey, kudos to them for picking a quality supplier. I'll discuss the design further tomorrow and post some photos once it's been officially unveiled

I'm guessing if you're on this thread you're kinda past the whole cable debate, so I'll dive straight into it - Eletech's new release is definitely what I'd classify as a warm cable, bordering on slightly dark. I'm assuming you've guessed the material at this point, but what I found unique about cable XXXXX is that it is actually shaves off a little from the upper midrange while leaving the middle and upper treble as is - that way it doesn't suffocate the IEM and retains the treble extension that has become absolutely key to me enjoying a set.

In terms of intangibles, I'd say the most defining characteristic is the texture/thickness it adds to the mix - I absolutely loved how it pairs with my A18S and LE Phantom which are both on the thinner side compared to my other IEMs. It also provides a slightly better separation (nothing close to the monstrosity that is the Plato in that respect however), but it significantly enhances the soundstage width. I generally see this cable as a good pairing for brighter, upper-midrange-forward IEMs - some combinations that I'm envisioning would be great without having tried them would be the Campfire Ara, their Solaris SE and 2020, the U18t and the IER Z1R. I'm leaving the Odin out because I'll be able to let you know about that pairing as early as next week in my Odin review!

Unfortunately this post isn't followed by a dope photo of a dope cable but I'll be able to post photos of the full lineup as early as tomorrow!!

Happy listening boys
Cool! As I have a U18t coming in a week. Excited about this new cable.

Aug 13, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #695 of 5,624
Would be interested to know how this new mystery cable compares with the Fortitude, if anyone has experience/knowledge of both? :)

Aug 13, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #696 of 5,624
Catching some time in the Forums before i get bogged down with the BIG UNVEIL tomorrow ~!!

Fingers crossed, I hope its sound phenomenal with EE Odin:smirk::smirk::smirk:

I've heard multiple impressions that it does phenomenally but hey, i've not tried it out myself personally. Besides, everybody listens differently so yeah, hope you get to try both products soon! Definitely do let me know bro! :)

@Eric Chong Count me in, I‘ll buy one! :smiley:
Man, Thanks for the vote of confidence but you haven't even seen the product yet! :D We'll speak after the unveiling tomorrow! :)

Would be interested to know how this new mystery cable compares with the Fortitude, if anyone has experience/knowledge of both? :)

A whole realm of difference imho, but we'll leave that to users feedbacks :)

PS @mvvRAZ basically owns a complete repertoire of Eletech cables, he'll be able to advise you i reckon!

Last edited:
Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Aug 13, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #700 of 5,624
Catching some time in the Forums before i get bogged down with the BIG UNVEIL tomorrow ~!!

I've heard multiple impressions that it does phenomenally but hey, i've not tried it out myself personally. Besides, everybody listens differently so yeah, hope you get to try both products soon! Definitely do let me know bro! :)

Man, Thanks for the vote of confidence but you haven't even seen the product yet! :D We'll speak after the unveiling tomorrow! :)

A whole realm of difference imho, but we'll leave that to users feedbacks :)

PS @mvvRAZ basically owns a complete repertoire of Eletech cables, he'll be able to advise you i reckon!

“Everybody listens differently” is gonna be a very important thing to remember the next couple days... :zipper_mouth:

Aug 13, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #701 of 5,624
How about now, Eric? Still using my phone but at a different angle. And, btw, whatever is inside of this case, the best pair up with Legend X I heard out of all the cables I tested to date :wink:
Best pair up with the Legend X? You now have my full attention 😃

Aug 13, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #702 of 5,624
Best pair up with the Legend X? You now have my full attention 😃

With price/performance ratio factored in :wink: And this is based on what I'm hearing, since Daniel already pointed out "everybody listens differently".

Aug 13, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #703 of 5,624
With price/performance ratio factored in :wink: And this is based on what I'm hearing, since Daniel already pointed out "everybody listens differently".
Very true, and I get what you’re saying about price/performance ratio.

It is now launch day the 14th here in the UK and so I’m expecting the big reveal any second now...😁

Aug 13, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #705 of 5,624

Was actually just in the process of comparison! Here're my thoughts:

The mystery cable still immediately provides more range and dynamism with its sound. It offers a deeper reaching low-end and a more powerful bass in general. The Fortitude is a bit faster in the mid-bass on the contrary. The midrange is drier on the Fortitude and a bit more laid-back, the mystery cable being much more defined and cleaner in tone. Its vocals are larger, wetter and more powerful. The mystery cable has a more organic treble, having more body and a sharper transient response. The Fortitude is thinner in body and less detailed but a little more forward. The mystery cable has a much wider soundstage and more headroom. It has better localisation and sounds more stable in general.

After spending more time with this cable, I'm really loving the midrange, as it is both defined and dense, it gives the cable wide synergy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back