Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Feb 25, 2020 at 1:37 AM Post #316 of 5,580
@mvvRAZ agreed on Iliad. I found 30 minutes tonight between reality TV, putting a toddler to bed and giving the dog his much-needed walk and listened to Iliad with the Dream XLS with a goal of comparing Iliad to Cleo/Leo bespoke. Except when I put on Iliad and XLS, the ergonomics, sound and synergy were so good that I stopped all plans to cable roll and left it on there. It's been the preferred pairing for a few weeks, but my OCD made me curious about other cables. Sorry that I have no further info, because that cable is staying perma-attached at this point :)

@MrLocoLuciano I received the DD adapters per your recommendation and they really are awesome. Such a well-designed product and despite several week shipping time, they were worth every penny. Thank you!

@Wyville Plato remains the most intriguing cable to me at this point. Must get one...will beg, borrow, steal or just...pay. :)

Eric's cables are just awesome, and I love that every design choice is deliberate and unique. No off the shelf plugs, connectors, Y-splits, none of that. Just designed from the ground up and that is a breath of fresh air in the cable game lately.

-Collin-

Feb 25, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #317 of 5,580
Please let us know where you purchase the pigtail from
Haven't decided yet because I am about to move, so I will wait until that is done before I decide. There are a few good options out there from PlusSound and Triton Audio.
@Wyville Plato remains the most intriguing cable to me at this point. Must get one...will beg, borrow, steal or just...pay. :)
Got you covered! :grin:

Feb 25, 2020 at 3:56 AM Post #318 of 5,580
I like the look of those, but I am still leaning more towards a pigtail adapter because it seems to put the least amount of stress on the 2.5mm plug.
You are probably right but it does change the sound when not made from the same cable you use, so you should buy a few pigtails :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.
From my side, the big thing about DD Hifi adaptors is really this transparency you get compared to all the others things available on the market (pigtail / adaptors).

Feb 25, 2020 at 4:24 AM Post #319 of 5,580
You are probably right but it does change the sound when not made from the same cable you use, so you should buy a few pigtails :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.
From my side, the big thing about DD Hifi adaptors is really this transparency you get compared to all the others things available on the market (pigtail / adaptors).

Transparency in ergonomics and weight as well, because you're not adding any extra heft to the chain. My problem with pigtail adaptors is that they add extra length and tend to swing around when I'm walking around with the DAP hanging off my waist. The DD-HiFi adapters are small enough that they basically are one with the plug itself.

Feb 25, 2020 at 4:26 AM Post #320 of 5,580
Transparency in ergonomics and weight as well, because you're not adding any extra heft to the chain. My problem with pigtail adaptors is that they add extra length and tend to swing around when I'm walking around with the DAP hanging off my waist. The DD-HiFi adapters are small enough that they basically are one with the plug itself.
That's also what's gotten them on my radar. What pigtails tend to do is create a point of weight where the 4.4 (or 2.5) gets plugged in and that always felt weird to me. The DD Hifi adapters are a bit more like a standard 3.5 to 6.3 adapter for example

Feb 25, 2020 at 5:04 AM Post #321 of 5,580
Yep, that's the downside and one of the reasons why I am looking around a little for the best option.

Feb 28, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #322 of 5,580
My review of Plato has just gone up! You can find it here. It is a very special cable and I am really impressed by every aspect of it, from build quality to how it pairs with my Phantom and Trio.

IMAGE_04.JPG

Feb 28, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #323 of 5,580
My review of Plato has just gone up! You can find it here. It is a very special cable and I am really impressed by every aspect of it, from build quality to how it pairs with my Phantom and Trio.

Nice read, thanks as always @Wyville. Had the chance to listen to it at CanJam NYC and did like it. Then I listened to the Iliad. :ksc75smile: Will you be doing a review of the Iliad as well?

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #324 of 5,580
Nice read, thanks as always @Wyville. Had the chance to listen to it at CanJam NYC and did like it. Then I listened to the Iliad. :ksc75smile: Will you be doing a review of the Iliad as well?
Thanks, much appreciated! I don't have any plans for Iliad at the moment. Don't actually have any review plans at the moment. Just sitting back and enjoying the music. :ksc75smile:

@SeeSax There is an Athenian philosopher on its way to you! :D

Mar 2, 2020 at 1:20 AM Post #325 of 5,580
giphy.gif

@SeeSax - Coming your way! Looking forward to your impressions :D Thanks @Wyville for sending it over !! Loved your review on "Plato" btw!

-Eric

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Mar 3, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #326 of 5,580
IMG_6647.jpeg

The impression of Eletech Plato upgrade cable: deserved the given name

The product is top of the range that gratifies the all fundamental needs of people and also comes with its coherent design concept. However, the reality is that it is not easy to produce a product like that. Even with much effort, the result is often a failure. But there exist some cases out of the ordinary. So, I would like to talk about a product that possesses exceptional powers of perfection.

IMG_6640.jpeg

IMG_6644.jpeg

Specifications
· 24 AWG
· Flawless Monocrystal Bespoke Silver
· Maximus efficiency strand geometry ; Kevlar infused
· Cryogenically Treated
· Eletech Bespoke Solder
· Eletech Customised connectors and Y-split
· FlexiMax Insulation™ (patent pending)

Eletech Plato upgrade cable, its package looks splendid and minimal. Its package box just seems like an ancient book. It’s really hard to tell whether a book or not if kept in a bookcase, so it’s like hiding a secret treasure box. There are 3 things inside of it. Exclusive nice-looking leather case containing a Plato upgrade cable, and a thick card-sized metalwork engraved with brand name logos.

IMG_6600.jpeg

IMG_6642.jpeg

IMG_6645.jpeg

AfterlightImage.JPG

The leather case is the circular type and has an adequate thickness, designed to grip with one hand and open and adjust the zipper easily. And, even when pressed with both hands hard, the case did not sink to less than 5mm, indicating that it is made strong. The zipper is YYK and can be held comfortably and adjusted smoothly by one hand. The case opens up to 115 degrees and can be bend back up to 180 degrees by force.

The back of the case has a single belt buckle and hook that make it easy to hang on any bags and trousers. The inside of the case is made of classy texture feeling suede, suitable storage size carrying a large-sized ciem and Plato upgrade cable together. There is a pocket, but it is not stretchy, so it is recommended to only store the plug of the cable. The case seems to be focused on accessibility for everyday use.

IMG_6641.jpeg

The design of Plato upgrade cable gives an atmosphere like looking at a beautiful sculpture. Its transparent sheath of the cable and the conductors shining in it like a jewel necklace. The texture feeling of the sheath is quite good when the cable is smoothly bent and held in hand. Plato’s splitter is reminiscent of an ‘Order’ column in ancient Greek architecture. It has a slight blend of streamline patterns that accentuate an elegant yet modern design. The splitter works as a weight, allowing stable use without shaking and microphonics when listening. Therefore, it seems that the length adjustable part has been omitted because it does not have to be there.

The 2.5mm BAL plug is tightly adhered to the device being mounted, completely removing the concern of shaking and breaking. There is no feeling of rehashing parts such as splitter and plug with different angular patterns in it, making it seem more luxurious. Minimal and clean Eletech logo imprinted on every housing part up to 2Pin socket connectors makes good design consistency.

IMG_6612.jpeg

The sound signature of Plato performed a propensity to match the name of the product. Its focus was thought to be on delivering more refined sound while maintaining the acoustic characteristics of the receiver and device. Especially, there exists a strong feeling of the surmise because it showed a neutral reverberation tone in middle and bass overall. That doesn’t mean that it performs dry and dull sound-signature. It possesses a smooth and moist elasticity as if the camera’s aperture is tightened to give a clearer image. Treble didn’t sound snappy or metallic. It gets glossily silky condensed and erupts splendidly. Fortunately, this sleek performance stably keeps the treble from reaching a provocative hiss level.

Actually, Plato is surprisingly rich in the details of bass. There is slightly accentuate reverb in the middle bass so that you can clearly hear the texture of playing percussion instruments like timpani, drum. I reckon that Eletech they focused on saving the details of the bass with minimal emphasis rather than increasing the sense of volume. Listening to the 2.5mm BAL and 3.5mm stereo-standard terminals by inserting a gender, I could see that the effort was greatly demonstrated. Even with the changing conditions of the phase of acoustic, Plato’s sound-signature did not nearly develop treble and middle differently changes only the depth feeling of the bass. Unless earphones with highly emphasized treble or far laid-back middle frequency or unstable tonal balance, Plato will fit most of the products. Especially, it fits the product with a flaccid treble or somber tonal atmosphere.

IMG_6646.jpeg

Eletech Plato, it can be strongly recommended if you want to try a little more treble detailed and hear the neutral textures of the middle and bass. It is designed with careful consideration for users, not only for sound but for all parts, including luxury leather case and unique package design as high-end grade products. I reckon Eletech Plato is a great product that I can personally recommend if you find a cable with a high degree of completion.

Disclaimer

Bigheadfiler Studio is not affiliated with Eletech. The sample (including the whole package) and the payment for the photography service(10 photos) are offered for making this article.

Bigheadfiler Studio has done our best to make articles practical and useful to the readers, made contents by free will without color. Please take the time and judge from the article whether this is honest.

All of the contents above are produced by Bigheadfiler Studio.
The copyright of the pictures above belongs to "Eletech."

https://www.bigheadfiler.com/60 [Bigheadfiler Studio]

Mar 3, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #327 of 5,580
Well, that's a tough act to follow!
Just want to let you know that I have just published my review of Eletech's Prudence cable.
I can strongly recommend it, and for the price of $249, it's a steal!
Relatively speaking of course. Everything is relative in this hobby :)

Anyway, for those who are interested, feel free to click on the following link:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/eletech-prudence.24231/review/23342/

Mar 3, 2020 at 9:01 PM Post #328 of 5,580
Just want to let you know that I have just published my review of Eletech's Prudence cable.

Nice review, very detailed and thorough. Looking forward to your update once you get your Phantoms and Nemesis back.

Mar 4, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #329 of 5,580
Nice review, very detailed and thorough. Looking forward to your update once you get your Phantoms and Nemesis back.

Many thanks for your kind words! I shall certainly be adding the update as soon as possible, and will post here to notify people when I do :)

Mar 6, 2020 at 12:55 AM Post #330 of 5,580

Thanks for the detailed review buddy! :)

On other news - Iliad is currently completely oversold! Bear with us while we try to try to get it back available :)

DSC09917.jpg

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back