Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Jan 30, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #271 of 5,587
IMG_0073.jpeg

IMG_0068.jpeg

IMG_0070.jpeg

IMG_6344.jpeg

IMG_6351.jpeg

Eletech PLATO Upgrade cable preview: First impressions

Option: 2pin socket connector with 2.5 BAL termianal.

Eletech PLATO Upgrade cable its package design is like an ancient book so that it is really hard to distinguish it from the book at a distance.
So, it seems perfect for hiding on a shelf. Inside of the box, there is a metal plate for warranty and a nice-looking leather case carrying a PLATO Upgrade cable.

This smooth-textured leather case feels big enough to hold a large-sized pair of ciem units. It has a clamp and a loop for hooking on the belt at the waist. Plato Upgrade cable has smooth feeling insulators and refined metal parts make it all gorgeous. There seem many delicate designs for durability. These will be addressed through a review after using a couple of weeks.

Its sound-signature just deserve the name ‘PLATO’. It sounds neutral in overall frequency and has slightly silky elastic treble. While keeping (c)iem or earphones as much of its sound characteristics, it performs a rich melodious sound. It will take a couple of weeks to check all of the cable’s characteristics. I will post with the details in review after that.

Disclaimer

Hello. I am Drake Go (MrOTL) from Bigheadfiler Studio.
Bigheadfiler Studio is not affiliated with Eletech.
The sample is offered for making this article.

Bigheadfiler Studio has done our best to make articles practical and useful to the readers, made contents by free will without color.
Please take the time and judge from the article whether this is honest.

All of the contents above are produced by Bigheadfiler Studio.

Jan 30, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #272 of 5,587
Looks
Thank y'all for all the amazing photos and impressions in our absence ~!! :) We've just resumed office from a short hiatus of the CNY celebrations :) We'll be pushing through all the unread emails and PMs today. Sorry to keep y'all waiting!

More impressions to come - Keep posted! :D

We're also prepping for NYC Canjam so we'll hang out soon! :D

- Eric
Hello, Eric
To be honest, I was quite disappointed about EA’s king Arthur.
Than I realized the thread that your crew left it.
I would be really interesting about trying Iliad, it looks astonishing, and hope it's sound would be as great as it looks like.
Let me know if eletech would join the Spring Headphone Matsuri.

Best regards.

Jan 30, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #273 of 5,587
After all these impressions, I think it is high time I share some of my own.

I have had Plato over for about a week now and although I have been very busy, I did manage to spend some quality time with it. First things first, the unboxing. It is nice to see a change from the satin black box that has become so ubiquitous in recent times. Eletech brings its own distinct style and I like that. When you open it up the presentation is very nice with the metal plate (that is a headache to take pictures of) and of course the hand-crafted leather case. The case has a rugged style to it and I love the fact that Eric went with a round option that is spacious enough to easily store the cable with IEMs. I find that the round shape helps to keep the cable from developing kinks in it, which I sometimes have when I store a cable in a smallish square case.

_MG_9413.JPG
_MG_9420.JPG
_MG_9421.JPG

The cable itself is gorgeous and my pictures do not do it justice. I am still amazed how thin this cable ends up, despite being 24 AWG. It might explain why the cable is slightly less supple than some of my other cables, although I still find the ergonomics to be excellent. The components are top notch and I love that Eric took some of the criticism on the 2-pin connectors from his previous job to heart and went above and beyond to come up with very solid, screw-type 2-pin connector covers. This feels much more solid and I find that all the parts now feel equally solid (I always found it odd that some cables have top-notch parts while the 2-pin connectors still feel cheap and plastic by comparison).

_MG_9422.JPG

As for sound. I have mainly paired Plato with my Phantom and I love the pairing. I also tried the Trio, but while that pairing was nice, it could not dissuade me from the GPS cable I usually have on there. With my Phantom I feel Plato comes across as a very neutral cable that extends the stage really wide, adds lots of air and tones down the lushness of the Phantom a little bit. I actually really like that because I had been experimenting with EQ to see how I could fine-tune my Phantom in pretty much this exact direction. It does mean giving up some of the warm naturalness that is so typical of the Phantom, but it greatly improves the imaging and transparency. I spent yesterday listening to Mozart's Requiem and I was amazed at how this pairing reproduced it, especially when adding the PAW6000 into the mix.

Overall I am really impressed with Plato so far and it looks like it will find a permanent home on my Phantom.

_MG_9403.JPG

Jan 30, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #274 of 5,587
Just to add to the gratuitous frenzy of Eletech end-user-photo-goodness.. :)
Received the Prudence around a week ago and am busy reviewing it.
20200123_153841.jpg
Just to comment that it's sounding terrific with the Itsfit Fusion IEM (also currently being reviewed), out of both iBasso DX160 and Lotoo Paw Gold Touch DAPs.
The Prudence looks extremely classy, it was love at first sight for me :)
Mellows out some of the (for me) slightly excess energy of the Fusion, whilst giving a gentle boost to the technical performance and the low end and treble.
Am definitely preferring it over the stock cable, I have to say!
@Eric Chong great work my friend :D

Jan 30, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #275 of 5,587
I also tried the Trio, but while that pairing was nice, it could not dissuade me from the GPS cable I usually have on there.

That is an interesting comment about the Trio pairing with the Plato. I am currently trialling the Plussound Exo GPS with the Trio, and it does seem to like a GPS cable.

Jan 30, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #276 of 5,587
It's about time @Eric Chong drops in and says hi...always partying...kidding, love to give this guy s*** :)

Had some time tonight with Iliad and did some comparison with the Effect Audio Leo/Cleo bespoke cable. Not really sure why I decided to pair these two up, maybe because they're both hailed from Singapore, but anyway it seemed like a decent comparison for the evening.

Let's start with the ergonomics: easy, easy win for the Iliad. It's a four wire design of 24awg and the Leo/Cleo is eight wires of 26awg. Both have a gorgeous braid, but overall the Iliad is just insanely comfortable. The Leo/Cleo is very soft and supple, but it's heavier with double the wire count and it's more noticeable while wearing for sure. Ear hooks seem to fit my ears better on the Iliad as well, with a more natural bend around the ear. Hardware is very unique and gorgeous on the Iliad, and it feels very light weight. Super nice hardware on Leo/Cleo too, but I really appreciate the originality of what Eric has created with Iliad and his thoughtful craft shows.

Okay, on to the sound already: I listened to a few of my test tracks on the Tia Fourte and will give my initial thoughts here. I have to say up front, there is not a night and day difference here. Immediately, I hear the Iliad being a little more energetic, resolution-focused and clarity-driven. The Leo/Cleo has a relaxed nature by comparison. I would say the sound signatures are very close, but the Leo/Cleo has that "smooth" EA house sound and Iliad seems to focus on giving you all the details but in a pleasant manner. I also have the PW 1950 and while that isn't the focus right now, I can tell you that the Iliad is not a cold, analytical cable (which 1950 could be described as in comparison). Both cables sound musical, natural, detailed and let's be honest, outstanding with probably a wide variety of IEMs. For me, it comes down to the Iliad having a more unrestricted feel, letting everything pass through in a natural manner, creating an eminence of illumination for each note. The Leo/Cleo gives a more "organic" and relaxed presentation and while my ears are probably not good enough to decipher which cables lets more resolution through to the ear canal, I will say the perception of detail in accordance with sound signature would hand that crown to the Iliad.

As far as the intangibles go, I guess I will just be honest and say that I have a fan-girl crush on Eric and appreciate all of our interactions over the years. I can say without question that has put his heart and soul into Eletech and the cables wear that passion from the budget-friendly models all the way up to the top. I'm sure @mvvRAZ will talk Eric into an 8-wire version of the Iliad and then I will have to take a second mortgage on my house to experience it, but for now I really feel like Iliad is the creme de la creme of portable audio cables. The trend was to add wires, add exotic materials, add fancy grounding solutions, but I have to say that this humble four wire cable (yes I know it's f-ing expensive) made out of a few metals and unicorn blood is my favorite to date.

Cheers,

-Collin-

Ahh c'mon, you know the partying quota have all been reserved till when we finally meet in SoCal bro! :D Thanks for the intense comparison and i really appreciate how you're paying heed to a lot of the product features and aesthetics that our team spent countless sleepless nights over! :)

I've never heard a "Favourite" cable from you - Thanks for the high praise! Now, it's countdown to SoCal :wink:

Eletech PLATO Upgrade cable preview: First impressions

Option: 2pin socket connector with 2.5 BAL termianal.

Eletech PLATO Upgrade cable its package design is like an ancient book so that it is really hard to distinguish it from the book at a distance.
So, it seems perfect for hiding on a shelf. Inside of the box, there is a metal plate for warranty and a nice-looking leather case carrying a PLATO Upgrade cable.

This smooth-textured leather case feels big enough to hold a large-sized pair of ciem units. It has a clamp and a loop for hooking on the belt at the waist. Plato Upgrade cable has smooth feeling insulators and refined metal parts make it all gorgeous. There seem many delicate designs for durability. These will be addressed through a review after using a couple of weeks.

Its sound-signature just deserve the name ‘PLATO’. It sounds neutral in overall frequency and has slightly silky elastic treble. While keeping (c)iem or earphones as much of its sound characteristics, it performs a rich melodious sound. It will take a couple of weeks to check all of the cable’s characteristics. I will post with the details in review after that.

Disclaimer

Hello. I am Drake Go (MrOTL) from Bigheadfiler Studio.
Bigheadfiler Studio is not affiliated with Eletech.
The sample is offered for making this article.

Bigheadfiler Studio has done our best to make articles practical and useful to the readers, made contents by free will without color.
Please take the time and judge from the article whether this is honest.

All of the contents above are produced by Bigheadfiler Studio.

Thanks for the amazingly taken photos Drake. I love how you set up the package like a book presentation - which was indeed the inspiration behind our outer packaging design! Kudos catching that vibe immediately! :)

Looks

Hello, Eric
To be honest, I was quite disappointed about EA’s king Arthur.
Than I realized the thread that your crew left it.
I would be really interesting about trying Iliad, it looks astonishing, and hope it's sound would be as great as it looks like.
Let me know if eletech would join the Spring Headphone Matsuri.

Best regards.

Heyy Buddy, Thanks for following our crew and supporting us! We would love to have you try out the Iliad sometime soon and hear your opinions on it! :) We're not sure if we would be joining the Spring Headphone Festival in Japan but we will certainly try! :) Hope to see you there if we could make it!

After all these impressions, I think it is high time I share some of my own.

I have had Plato over for about a week now and although I have been very busy, I did manage to spend some quality time with it. First things first, the unboxing. It is nice to see a change from the satin black box that has become so ubiquitous in recent times. Eletech brings its own distinct style and I like that. When you open it up the presentation is very nice with the metal plate (that is a headache to take pictures of) and of course the hand-crafted leather case. The case has a rugged style to it and I love the fact that Eric went with a round option that is spacious enough to easily store the cable with IEMs. I find that the round shape helps to keep the cable from developing kinks in it, which I sometimes have when I store a cable in a smallish square case.

The cable itself is gorgeous and my pictures do not do it justice. I am still amazed how thin this cable ends up, despite being 24 AWG. It might explain why the cable is slightly less supple than some of my other cables, although I still find the ergonomics to be excellent. The components are top notch and I love that Eric took some of the criticism on the 2-pin connectors from his previous job to heart and went above and beyond to come up with very solid, screw-type 2-pin connector covers. This feels much more solid and I find that all the parts now feel equally solid (I always found it odd that some cables have top-notch parts while the 2-pin connectors still feel cheap and plastic by comparison).

As for sound. I have mainly paired Plato with my Phantom and I love the pairing. I also tried the Trio, but while that pairing was nice, it could not dissuade me from the GPS cable I usually have on there. With my Phantom I feel Plato comes across as a very neutral cable that extends the stage really wide, adds lots of air and tones down the lushness of the Phantom a little bit. I actually really like that because I had been experimenting with EQ to see how I could fine-tune my Phantom in pretty much this exact direction. It does mean giving up some of the warm naturalness that is so typical of the Phantom, but it greatly improves the imaging and transparency. I spent yesterday listening to Mozart's Requiem and I was amazed at how this pairing reproduced it, especially when adding the PAW6000 into the mix.

Overall I am really impressed with Plato so far and it looks like it will find a permanent home on my Phantom.

Im glad the "Plato" has found it's place of rest in your Phantom! :) Indeed, we kept the ground feedbacks rather close to heart and while i wasn't able to perfect the craft and realise our thoughts in my previous tenure, i'm glad that we're able to do it here at Eletech. The "Phantom > Plato > PAW6000" chain seems like a rather poisonous combination! Go rough on those Companion Case the "Plato" comes with - It'll develop some very nice user marks in time xD

Just to add to the gratuitous frenzy of Eletech end-user-photo-goodness.. :)
Received the Prudence around a week ago and am busy reviewing it.

Just to comment that it's sounding terrific with the Itsfit Fusion IEM (also currently being reviewed), out of both iBasso DX160 and Lotoo Paw Gold Touch DAPs.
The Prudence looks extremely classy, it was love at first sight for me :)
Mellows out some of the (for me) slightly excess energy of the Fusion, whilst giving a gentle boost to the technical performance and the low end and treble.
Am definitely preferring it over the stock cable, I have to say!
@Eric Chong great work my friend :D

Heyy buddy! Glad you're loving the Prudence :) Hope you're enjoying it as it goes - Looking forward to hear your full impressions :)

-Eric

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Jan 31, 2020 at 1:46 AM Post #277 of 5,587
That is an interesting comment about the Trio pairing with the Plato. I am currently trialling the Plussound Exo GPS with the Trio, and it does seem to like a GPS cable.
I think it is a matter of preference. When I briefly tried Plato with the Trio I felt it produced a huge stage, tons of air and everything became very balanced, however, I was immediately missing the bass texture and kick I get with the GPS. I will certainly give it another and longer try and it might still grow on me, but then I would first have to wrestle Plato back from my Phantom and they might not give it up that easily. :D
Im glad the "Plato" has found it's place of rest in your Phantom! :) Indeed, we kept the ground feedbacks rather close to heart and while i wasn't able to perfect the craft and realise our thoughts in my previous tenure, i'm glad that we're able to do it here at Eletech. The "Phantom > Plato > PAW6000" chain seems like a rather poisonous combination! Go rough on those Companion Case the "Plato" comes with - It'll develop some very nice user marks in time xD
Yeah, that chain definitely works really well as each component seems to complement the others. :ksc75smile:

I can imagine the case wearing in a nice way. It has a type of denim-style to it that benefits from a rough treatment.

Jan 31, 2020 at 4:27 AM Post #278 of 5,587
Yo yo Team Eletech!

I have decided to post my Eletech Plato for sale, so if any of y'all is interested in getting one as early as next week drop me a pm!

It's an awesome cable but after having sold off some IEMs, I just don't find myself using the Plato enough and I'd rather use the funds towards another Iliad (or an 8w Iliad :D)

Let me know if you have any questions bois

Feb 2, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #279 of 5,587
Yo yo Team Eletech!

I have decided to post my Eletech Plato for sale, so if any of y'all is interested in getting one as early as next week drop me a pm!

It's an awesome cable but after having sold off some IEMs, I just don't find myself using the Plato enough and I'd rather use the funds towards another Iliad (or an 8w Iliad :D)

Let me know if you have any questions bois

Sad to see the "Plato" leave your side but I'm glad that it got picked up moments after your post! :D Im sure you babied the "Plato" so it'll make for a good companion for the next person! :)

-Eric

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Feb 5, 2020 at 1:56 AM Post #281 of 5,587
After seeing some reviews online, I decided to pop by Eric's place this morning and he was nice enough to let me try some of his cables. Totally love his Plato, the crazy smooth signature killed it for me.

Hoping I can loot one in an 8 wire configIMG_20200116_143637.jpg

It was a pleasure having you over! :) Hope you enjoyed our cables and hanging at our place! :) Do join our party this Friday for the local debut! :)

-Eric

Feb 7, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #282 of 5,587
Element Technology (Eletech) made the first debut in Singapore on 8th February 2020 at the biggest audio shop in Singapore, ConnectIT by Jade Gift Shop.

Highlights of the show:

Prudence
‘Prudence’ is designed with a completely fresh philosophy and offers excellent ergonomics, an energetic performance without sacrificing details and accuracy. It's unique geometry combined with a Type 4-Litz set up enables the Silver Plated Copper to smooths treble extensions while having a visceral bass response. Augmented by a Kevlar core, the "Prudence" is resilient while ensuring the structural stability of extremely high strand counts.

High quality and quantity of details are delivered by Prudence. I paired with ItsFitLab Fusion, it gives tonnes of energy and details. I love this pairing a lot. The physical texture of this cable is satisfying too - supple and no microphonics. It fulfills all the basic requirements of a good cable.
High quality and quantity of details are delivered by Prudence. I paired with ItsFitLab Fusion, it gives tonnes of energy and details. I love this pairing a lot. The physical texture of this cable is satisfying too - supple and no microphonics. It fulfills all the basic requirements of a good cable.
8310E133-8168-4D5F-B5B5-0B2938EF4C17.jpeg

A2647A1D-7826-42AF-8FF1-D7FF8E3DFB57.jpeg

234994CF-7521-452D-BC53-06CE01341AD3.jpeg

F9986D94-E4B0-4351-8591-0106E10A6EB4.jpeg

Iliad
Eletech traverse uncharted territories of cables and materials realm with the "Parnassus" series - derived from the "The Parnassus" (Raphael) found on the second wall of the Stanza della Segnatura in the Vatican depicting poetry and literature.

This is a more lush and smooth sounding cable. The holography presentation capability is something that attracts me. It focus more on a presentation as a whole than focusing on small details like Prudence. I believe this could match well with those TOTL IEMs which already carrying tonnes of details - improving on the stage and bring it to perfection.
B353D532-6E14-4374-A805-477FEAD45569.jpeg

8A80EFDB-F556-4DEF-8EB4-8E62B3EAFF1F.jpeg

Verdict
I am impressed by the models presented by these two companies and I believe they can be the show-stoppers for upcoming audio shows. Stay tuned for reviews on their products! Here are some photos taken from the show:
A1790CC7-7271-4E81-997E-E0440DE451FE.jpeg

81F3C202-BD46-4C0B-8746-E156F169DBC7.jpeg

6DC49CE3-51B4-4D97-A786-306A60014230.jpeg

3999AA22-3B8A-429F-A0F8-790D0820287E.jpeg

Shall not spam here with too much of photos. For those who are interested, you can visit >>https://www.theaudiolocheese.com/ar...-metal-magic-research-mmr-launch-in-singapore

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 5:29 AM Post #284 of 5,587
Would Iliad be a good fit for A12T?
Considering how technical the Iliad is I'd say so. It's my 1st 2nd and 3rd cable recommendation at the moment, never seen any cable as good as the Iliad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back