Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Apr 21, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #1,516 of 5,576
Anybody eyeing / heard the Mason FS? Wondering if my collection of Eletech would pair well with it
I pre-order one. :) Will report how Iliad pairs with it.

Apr 22, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #1,519 of 5,576
DC484337-06A9-4F52-BE6C-7E8DE5E0ADF0.jpeg

Hey all, I've had the pleasure of getting another chance to demo the Iliad against some of my gear, and wanted to share the impressions for what they're worth. Thanks @bluestorm1992 !

Oriolus Traillii: Iliad vs. 1960 4W

B307673F-2702-4131-80B7-90FB2CA60B9D.jpeg

Let me preface this by stating that the stock cable that comes with Traillii is specifically tailored and tuned for the bird, so I am not looking for a cable to synergize "better"- but rather, be comparable while being free of microphonics. I have no issue with the 1960 microphonics when stationary, but having a supple, non-noisy alternative when on-the-go is increasingly becoming a goal of mine.

In terms of sound quality, the sound is rather similar to the 1960, although there are a few subtle differences:

-Iliad's soundstage is a bit narrower in width and depth.
-Iliad is overall a smoother and more laid-back presentation. It comes off a bit less "dynamics" with softer transients, better suited for more chill-n-vibe.
-4W 1960's bass is a bit more visceral, with slightly richer and thicker notes in the midrange. It also has a touch more "wetness" in the midrange versus the Iliad's laid-back and softer notes.

So yes there is a bit of a synergy gap. But for those who want a generally similar tonality while prioritizing ergonomics and comfort, I'd say the pairing is very solid. Iliad clearly wins in comfort, suppleness, aesthetics and microphonics.

Infinity Mk2: Iliad vs. Stock Rhapsodio Premium Copper Cable

The Iliad maintains strong air and space with the Infinity, with a rich, emotional upper-mids focused presentation. However, it does add a bit of extra brightness into the upper-mids and lower treble, pushing the Infinity more into fatiguing territory. Iliad does add a bit more naturalness to the sound versus the stock cable's slight coloration.

All in all, good pairing depending on tastes. The extra brightness can be remedied with a warmer DAP I imagine, but otherwise, this could be an excellent option for treble-heads.

Aure Elixir: Iliad vs. Null Audio AAW Thera 8-Wire Silver

259CE5FF-C1F1-49C4-A841-D3F3F5C46E08.jpeg

Best for last. Man, this synergy is incredible. First off, Elixir is definitely slept on as a hybrid in the sub $2k range, easily competing with the LX/LXSE/Z1R/Nio/Trios.

What Iliad does Elixir is what I recall Iliad doing for Elysium-optimizing the true, sweet potential of its partner. Immediately there is a smooth glow to the notes, adding a bit more excitement to the music. Elixir's soundstage width was already large, but Iliad helped with the depth and imaging. Iliad also brings the mids forward with a bit more wetness, which helps with engagement. Bass is clear, tight, with a nice balance of midbass and subbass. The overall sound is engaging, with strong bass and balance.

A909E3DC-47BC-4EC6-A166-1224BE2BE186.jpeg

Excited to see what Eletech has in store for the future!

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #1,520 of 5,576

Hey all, I've had the pleasure of getting another chance to demo the Iliad against some of my gear, and wanted to share the impressions for what they're worth. Thanks @bluestorm1992 !

Let me preface this by stating that the stock cable that comes with Traillii is specifically tailored and tuned for the bird, so I am not looking for a cable to synergize "better"- but rather, be comparable while being free of microphonics. I have no issue with the 1960 microphonics when stationary, but having a supple, non-noisy alternative when on-the-go is increasingly becoming a goal of mine.

In terms of sound quality, the sound is rather similar to the 1960, although there are a few subtle differences:

-Iliad is overall a smoother and more laid-back presentation. It comes off a bit less "dynamics" with softer transients, better suited for more chill-n-vibe.
-4W 1960's bass is a bit more visceral, with slightly richer and thicker notes in the midrange. It also has a touch more "wetness" in the midrange versus the Iliad's laid-back and softer notes.

So yes there is a bit of a synergy gap. But for those who want a generally similar tonality while prioritizing ergonomics and comfort, I'd say the pairing is very solid. Iliad clearly wins in comfort, suppleness, aesthetics and microphonics.

The Iliad maintains strong air and space with the Infinity, with a rich, emotional upper-mids focused presentation. However, it does add a bit of extra brightness into the upper-mids and lower treble, pushing the Infinity more into fatiguing territory. Iliad does add a bit more naturalness to the sound versus the stock cable's slight coloration.

All in all, good pairing depending on tastes. The extra brightness can be remedied with a warmer DAP I imagine, but otherwise, this could be an excellent option for treble-heads.

Best for last. Man, this synergy is incredible. First off, Elixir is definitely slept on as a hybrid in the sub $2k range, easily competing with the LX/LXSE/Z1R/Nio/Trios.

What Iliad does Elixir is what I recall Iliad doing for Elysium-optimizing the true, sweet potential of its partner. Immediately there is a smooth glow to the notes, adding a bit more excitement to the music. Elixir's soundstage width was already large, but Iliad helped with the depth and imaging. Iliad also brings the mids forward with a bit more wetness, which helps with engagement. Bass is clear, tight, with a nice balance of midbass and subbass. The overall sound is engaging, with strong bass and balance.

Nice write up man! Glad to see that Iliad seems to pair well with all these TOTL IEMs.

Apr 23, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #1,521 of 5,576

Thanks for sharing the impressions bud' Nice pictures too! Do you have any impressions / review on the Trailli posted somewhere? Would love to have a read on that!

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Apr 23, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #1,522 of 5,576
Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #1,523 of 5,576
Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Apr 23, 2021 at 12:52 AM Post #1,524 of 5,576
Awesome! I'll head over for a read. I've been sucking up reviews like a sponge since shows were being cancelled everywhere. Sorry for being such a "sponge" lol :p

Oh, you asked for it :D

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #1,527 of 5,576
Is it wrong to want more cables than I have iems? Now that I have the Plato and Prudence, I’m just so curious about the Iliad and the Socrates. I don’t suppose anyone has heard the Socrates with the EE Bravado Mk2?

I’ve been using the Prudence at work on my UM 3DT and I keep getting caught off guard by music just catching my attention more than usual. I’m sure the bass has really improved and there are sounds that I sometimes mistake for happening out in the “real world”.
I fear that it might have found a permanent home on the 3DT. I found an o-ring at an automotive supply that works perfectly as a chin slider and this cable is just perfect in sound and ergonomics.
I’m thinking maybe I should get a Socrates for the Bravado 2..?.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 11:54 PM Post #1,528 of 5,576
Is it wrong to want more cables than I have iems?

That.... seems to be the problem that plague Eletech's community. I must be doing something right.... or insanely wrong =X

Apr 23, 2021 at 11:56 PM Post #1,529 of 5,576
That.... seems to be the problem that plague Eletech's community. I must be doing something right.... or insanely wrong =X
The new flagship... please come sooner!!!

Apr 24, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #1,530 of 5,576

Definitely something right.. My curiosity isn't about something lacking in what I have, rather it's an excitement about what each cable might bring.
As much as I love my Plato/Elysium set up, I'm a little more smitten by the Prudence at the moment because with the UM 3DT, it gets way more use as I listen at work.. The Plato only gets used in the evening for a relatively short amount of time, where the Prudence is used for many hours every day....
So far, that 3 dimensional accuracy of the imaging is carrying over from the Plato to the Prudence so I'm very interested to hear what the other "flavours" bring to the music.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back