Eletech Announces "Inferno" Headphone Cable
Mar 31, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #31 of 42
Congrats to the Eletech team on launching this! I got to try out the prototype at NYC and it felt indestructible!

Apr 6, 2022 at 12:42 AM Post #32 of 42
Congrats to the Eletech team on launching this! I got to try out the prototype at NYC and it felt indestructible!

It might just be in practical terms. I got a chance to pick Eric's brain about its construction in Singapore, and I just don't see how it can fail under any reasonably realistic usage. If anybody ever manages to mess one up, I would LOVE to hear the story behind that when they make a warranty claim... should be pretty entertaining! :smile:

Apr 6, 2022 at 3:03 AM Post #34 of 42
1649228597245.png

May 31, 2022 at 3:20 AM Post #39 of 42
It is early days yet, but I recently received the Inferno and wanted to share some initial impressions.

Inferno650.JPG

First of all, the cable itself: This absolutely gorgeous piece of craftsmanship is definitely a potential lead for Barnie. 😂 Although I guess you can use it on the go, the Inferno is clearly aimed at desktop use and full-size headphones. It is by no means a cable that could double for IEMs. Big, heavy and extremely well built. The parts used have grown along with the cable, yet maintain the same intricate design familiar from Eletech’s IEM cables.

Given its size I thought I might find it annoying to use because I generally don’t get along well with bigger cables, until now that is. Paired with the HD650 I find that everything balances just fine when I use it while working behind my desk. The cable is stiffer than you would find with puny IEM cables, but again I feel like it is balanced well with regard to desktop use. The other aftermarket cable I have for the HD650 is based on an IEM cable and that feels fragile when I use it. For dedicated desktop use, I think I prefer the sturdy Inferno already.

In terms of sound, I have only used the Inferno for a few hours, but my first impressions are very positive. The Inferno seems to pair very well with the HD650 and I keep being a little surprised by how spacious and holographic it makes the HD650 sound, relatively speaking of course because the HD650 are always fairly intimate headphones. I get the impression that the low end gets a very nice analogue quality to it, while the mids seem to get more air and clarity, and the treble feels sweet. As always, it is a joy to listen to the HD650 and the Inferno seems to synergise very well with these iconic headphones.

Just to note, I am driving the HD650 with the Shanling M8 on “turbo” gain. It is sufficient to drive them properly, but I hope I can also get access to a 4.4mm desktop source.

Jun 4, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #40 of 42
Did anyone has experience using Inferno with TH900 mk2?
I have looking for a cable for bringing tighter sound and more energy than the stock cable, and at the same time will keep the original brightness.
Had good experience with Socrates in terms of maintaining sound signature and the extra power for bass, will Inferno do the same?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back