Elekit TU-882R + Great Service=satisfaction
Apr 10, 2010 at 12:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Rabco

New Head-Fier
First the disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Elekit, or Sennheiser, for that matter. This is a tale of a return to headphone use after a several decade absence.

I decided to go with an Elekit TU-882R kit. The kit arrived promptly. All parts accounted for, and packed incredibly well. The one or two questions I had while building the kit were promptly (and I mean *promptly*) answered by Victor, the Elekit vendor in Canada.

When I was finished, I had a no-go with a channel missing in action. I shipped the unit back to the Elekit doctor without first contacting Victor to let him know I was sending the unit back to be gone through.

Turns out this added a significant cost penalty due to customs/shipping. Victor immediately *called* me to discuss the situation, and generously covered the added cost I inadvertently (ok, stupidly) caused.

He then refused to bill me for the time involved to obtain the single jumper resistor I had left out of the kit. I insisted he invoice me again, but he refused.

He then rushed a return shipment so I would have the functioning unit for my birthday!

Incredible. Service like this just doesn't exist anymore...Victor is the greatest.

As for the amp? With two matched WE396A's installed, this baby is sweet!

I'm running new Sennheiser HD555's, which the amp drives with ease.

Now, the best audio seat in my house is inside these cans, being driven by the Elekit TU-882R. I'm feeding them lossless files from my Mac Mini, via USB thru a Cambridge DacMagic. The pass thru feature on the amp is great, obviating the need to be fiddling with USB port choice if I want to listen thru my speakers.

Check it out. It's audio nirvana.
o2smile.gif

Thanks to Elekit, Victor
dt880smile.png
, and Sennheiser!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back