elekit tu-882 Good with Denon D7000?
Aug 8, 2010 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

technocrat

New Head-Fier
  Hello 
 I am currently running my D-7000's with a cheap OTL clone amp and it is not cutting it. My source is FLAC thru optical into a valab NOS dac. I listen mostly to classic rock and electronic music. Due to the unusually low impedance of the d7000 I am having a hard time finding the right amp. I have only found the woo audio WA-6  and the Elekit tu-882 are capable of driving the denons in the price range im looking at. I think it would be fun to build the elekit and it is cheaper than the wa-6. Im not really interested in SS amps they dont sound happy to me (I only decided that after listing to everything at this years can jam). Is the TU 882 a good move for me? Any suggestions?
     As always thanks

Aug 8, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #2 of 2
While I've never heard the D7000's, I enjoy my Elekit TU-882 with my HD650 and low impedance ATH-A900's.  The stock gain is still pretty high on the TU-882 so it will take a very low volume pot setting to drive headphones very loudly, even on the lowest impedance setting of the TU-882.  The amp is a very warm tube amp, so if you like tubes, I'm sure it would be a good match for you. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back