electrostats + smoke = (140kb pic)
May 25, 2004 at 9:44 AM Post #16 of 31
All I can say is "yuck". That is really disgusting looking
eek.gif

May 25, 2004 at 7:05 PM Post #19 of 31
looks like foam breakdown. You should replace the foam that covers the driver as it looks like it is beginning to break down from old age.

May 25, 2004 at 7:07 PM Post #20 of 31
looks like foam breakdown. You should replace the foam that covers the driver as it looks like it is beginning to break down from old age. I would definitely put a layer of pantyhose material between the foam and the driver. Hopefully that will stop any future degration.

May 25, 2004 at 10:06 PM Post #22 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
cant you refund it ? because he/she shouldve mentioned those condition / flaw on the ebay description, even though it says sold as is.

it worth too much to return.

May 25, 2004 at 10:29 PM Post #23 of 31
After seeing that picture I might have to go and take back the Grado's I got my brother for his birthday!
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 25, 2004 at 10:50 PM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallijonn
looks like foam breakdown. You should replace the foam that covers the driver as it looks like it is beginning to break down from old age. I would definitely put a layer of pantyhose material between the foam and the driver. Hopefully that will stop any future degration.

not foam breakdown as there's no foam that covers the drivers on the K340, it's just a plastic grid (you can see the "shadow" of the grid in the areas with less debris).

May 25, 2004 at 11:04 PM Post #25 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
After seeing that picture I might have to go and take back the Grado's I got my brother for his birthday!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Its an electrostat, grados arent. I cant see how grados could have any type of tar or anything attach to it, although I'm sure its stilll not good for it, it dont do damage to that extent.

May 26, 2004 at 12:13 AM Post #26 of 31
eww.. i can never stand cigarettes smell

May 26, 2004 at 5:25 AM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
hey, i have a good idea. since your camera can take such a detailed picture, why dont you take more pictures of teh actaul headphone and post it?

k3401.jpg

k3402.jpg

k3403.jpg

k3404.jpg

still todo:
- new pads and headband
- replace plastic "grills" with thin acoustic foam

May 26, 2004 at 6:48 AM Post #30 of 31
If there is no foam then Arizona's (also Nevada, Utah & New Mexico) dust will surely kill them. Dust is everywhere!!! But at least there is low humidity here. Yeah, we even get static every now and then (usually when the humidity goes beyond 20%).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back