Electronica
Sep 7, 2009 at 2:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24
The idea behind this is to explore other electronica artists/albums that you might not otherwise have come across. All samples have been taken from my most recent albums, most of which are new 2008/2009 with some oldies thrown in there for good measure.

What was originally an MP3 (which caused the thread to be shut down first time around) has now been turned into a video, each sample now corresponds to artists album cover and is split between 2 videos due to Youtubes 10 minute limitation.

Electronica sample mix (part 1)
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Electronica sample mix (part 2)
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

• Please feel free to question a particular sample, I'll be able to tell you who they are if the album doesn't give it away.
• And please please suggest more electronica too me and others reading this thread, I find new artists daily so I'm sure theres something I haven't heard of.

Artists and albums in order of mix, some albums have been used more than once.

• Telepopmusik - Angel Milk
• Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles
• Onelove - Smash Your Stero
• David Guetta - One Love
• Sneaky Sound System - 1
• Cream - Trance Anthems Ibiza 2009
• Perfume - Triangle
• The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die
• Ministry of Sound - Housexy 2009
• Ministry of Sound - Clubbers Guide to 2009
• Discovery - LP
• Sneaky Sound System - 2
• Pnau - Pnau
• Infected Muchrooms - Vicious Delicious
• Deadmau5 - Random Album Title
• Calvin Harris - Ready For The Weekend
• Ministry of Sound - The Annual 2009
• Yelle - Pop Up
• The Crystal Method - Divided By Night
• Planet Funk - Non Zero Sumness
• The Whip - X Marks Destination
• Simian Mobile Disco - Attack Decay Sustain
• OceanLab - Sirens Of The Sea
• Trentmoller - The Last Resort
• La Roux - La Roux
• Little Boots - Hands
• Minitel Rose - The French Machine
• Chromeo - Fancy Footwork
• Junkie XL - Booming Back at You
• Hot Chip - Made In The Dark
• Sasha - Invol2ver
• Junior Boys - Begine Dull Care
• Owl City - Maybe I'm Dreaming
• Pendulum - In Silico
• Owl City - Ocean Eyes
• Empire Of The Sun - Walking On A Dream
• The Knife - Deep Cuts
• Royksopp - Junior
• Schiller - Sehnsucht
• Sam Sparro - Sam Sparro
• Fisherspooner - Entertainment
• Justice - Cross

- Dan

Sep 7, 2009 at 7:51 AM Post #3 of 24
What...no Underworld?

Sep 7, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #4 of 24
I knew the man wouldn't keep cism down! I'm probably going to check out Pendulum. That sounded on tip. Crystal Castles s/t was a great album, I listened to it last week after a while and thought how their sound is unique enough to stand out.

Have to love Minitel Rose. The French Machine is an awesome album. If you haven't, I'd check out other Valerie artists like Futurcop! and DatA

When this type of dance music is discussed, why is Client never mentioned? They have been lumped in with electroclash, but they were always a little too synthpop'y for that. S/T and City, were especially good by then. As an aside, I dug the the retro, fetishistic stewardess uniforms they paraded in. It worked well in in the vernacular, which include straight faced songs about rock n roll with nary a guitar in sight.

Sep 7, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #7 of 24
Lots of good stuff. All those names are pretty familiar though in my opinion.

Here's some I think very few people know about.

The Phantom's Revenge
The Disko Starz
Demasi Meets Koki
Neon Indian
Gentlemen Thieves
Galactik Knights
Poka
Stardust (I guess these guys are popular :|)
Nybbl
Beef Terminal
Hexes and Ohs
Louis La Roche

Sep 8, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #9 of 24
I haven't seen anything from Underworld in the last 2 years Signal2Noise, I do like them a lot though.

virometal; What is cism? Pendulum is D&B, lots of good bass beats. I love Crystal Castles which would explain why I used them 4 or 5 times in this mix, so many unique sounding songs from them.
I have Anoraak (Nightdrive With You) and College (Secret Diary) which are just as good, I'll have to checkout Futurcop and DatA.

selkin; Yeah not everyones cup of tea... is that a yes for trentmoller and a no for empire of the sun? ... pendulum is alright, do you have any recommendations?

Thanks for all the recommendations slytown, I'll have fun going through those, hopefully there all available to preview on amazon.

Calexico; Cheers I'll checkout Ratatat, got any electropop suggestions?

Sep 8, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for all the recommendations slytown, I'll have fun going through those, hopefully there all available to preview on amazon.

Calexico; Cheers I'll checkout Ratatat, got any electropop suggestions?

Ratatat, pretty good.

All the people I mentioned have myspace pages. Hexes and Ohs and Neon Indian are electropop. Also might want to check out The Blow, Lemon Jelly, and The Bad Spellers.

May 29, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #12 of 24
If you want to have some fun with a couple of singles try out Kalopsia by "The Blizzard" and Mr White by "Marcus Schössow"

Trentemøller "The Last Resort"
Deadmou5 & Kaskade "I Remember Mix"
7and5 "In a Moment's Time"
Blue Stone "Worlds Apart" and "Messages"
Sleepthief "The Dawnseeker"
Enigma "A Posteriori" and "The Platinum Collection"
Bella Sonus "Enamoured"
Diane Arkenstone "Echoes of Egypt"

I'm also mix in some Infected Mushroom, The Orb, The Crystal Method, The art of Noise, Chemical Brothers and Boards of Canada.
Have fun
wink_face.gif

May 29, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #13 of 24
Former Ghosts is a love it or hate it kind of act. Put me in the former. Take Hold On with it's shrill synth line broken by empty space voc's. I thought Fleurs was one of the better albums last year. It had that otherworldly synth pop vibe, that The Knife kind of refreshed with Silent Shout. Maybe some one will like it as much as I do; kind of doubt it.

May 30, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #14 of 24
anybody into uplifting trance?   listen to this track..one of the best melodie ever,remixed by one of the best couples in this genre (stoneface & terminal).   

May 30, 2010 at 7:51 AM Post #15 of 24
Cant believe someone mixed owl city into a list that also contains the knife, justice, and the crystal castles.

but anyways, Boards of Canada, LCD Soundsystem, The Field, M83

Users who are viewing this thread

Back