Electronic music starter needs suggestions...
Nov 2, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #31 of 42
There's a ton of Electronic like that though. Hard to really get into the genre without some love for it.

Angerfist is some of the little amount of Gabber I listen to. Ubermensch is one of my favorites. Neophyte is alright too. Angry music.

Quote:
The Chemical Brothers are one of those 'loop machine got stuck' groups, IMHO....not enough change up for my ADHD brain.

Also, gabber/hardcore isn't for everyone, but it's something a metalhead might like.

Angerfist

Neophyte

Nightmares From Rotterdam (bunch of different artists on this album)

Nov 2, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #32 of 42
Alright I'll share some angry angry bands as well, some of these are very hard to digest without getting stomach pains.

Hocico
Imperative Reaction
In Strict Confidence
Rotersand
Suicide Commando (be warned you may feel sick if you find your self liking this stuff)
Wumpscut

Nov 2, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #33 of 42
Nobody mentioned Massive Attack... Arent they considered electronic? Mezzanine is one of the best albums ever created, and it also has amazing sound quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 2, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #34 of 42
I have to agree. I guess I was thinking more traditional stuff. This is a great suggestion.

Quote:
Nobody mentioned Massive Attack... Arent they considered electronic? Mezzanine is one of the best albums ever created, and it also has amazing sound quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 3, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #35 of 42
Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but I'm pretty into the downtempo/trip hop/chillout genres, so here's a few from that direction:

Bonobo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7m86aMNjlQ

Grifta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nb-x1QxON8

Blockhead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thn7fYI0Vn0

Blazo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBV_mqZ4F8Y

Nov 4, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #37 of 42
For some reason, I think the best way to come into a genre, is to listen to original first instead of remixes. Atleast that's how I started. And I'm really glad that The Crystal Method is much appriciated here. The band that got my into the electronic genre was The Prodigy with there album Experience, I liked it alot but when Music for the Jilted generation dropped, I was completely addict to their sound.

Nov 4, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #38 of 42
Harmonia "Deluxe" [Polydor]

Faust "Two Classic Albums From Faust: Faust & So Far" [Universal]

Deuter D [Kuckuck]

Ash Ra Tempel "Join In/Starring Rosi"

Ash Ra Tempel "Schwingungen/Seven Up" [Purple Pyramid]

Kraftwerk 1 & 2 [Germanofon]

Klaus was Ash Ra Tempel's drummer before getting synths and going solo. As long as you have Dark Side Of The Moog by Klaus then you start looking at all his older stuff like Timewind then Irlight and Cyborg. Then go and research the top list I have included. So really instead of looking for electronic music like you asked for, your really following the style back before Krautrock used synths. A great book is called The Krautrock Sampler by Julian Cope and really ends up being the Bible on this genre.  

Nov 4, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #40 of 42
Try music from "Carbon based Life Forms" and "Solar Fields", both in Sweden. iTunes has lots from both of them..... also try Isae Tomita from Japan, and try Jean Michael Jarre.

Nov 4, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #41 of 42

Quote:
Try music from "Carbon based Life Forms" and "Solar Fields", both in Sweden. iTunes has lots from both of them..... also try Isae Tomita from Japan, and try Jean Michael Jarre.

Thanks for mentioning Jean Michael Jarre. He is the reason why I started listening electronic music. 

my recent favorites:

Dusty Kid.... can't stop listening this song

I would highly reccomend pandora.com.  create a station with the band you already like and it will play similar style/genre songs of random bands. great way to explore.

Nov 5, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #42 of 42
I guess I can throw my $0.02 in as well :

Pryda - Inspiration

Paolo Mojo - 1983 (Eric Prydz Remix)

Cirez D - Glow

Cassius - The Sound of Violence (Franco Cinelli Remix)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back