Electronic music help, please
Sep 2, 2002 at 6:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dngl

He'd rather show hisbuns than wear fur.
I recently got into electronica (IDM mainly. Aphex twin, Clint Mansell, orbital, Autechre, Square Pusher, Boards of Canada), and am inspired to try to make some myself. I found some good programs, but now I am in need of tutorials. For example, how do you configure synths to make good noises (ie get bass, drums, and strings from 3 oscillators)? really beginner stuff. Any help is appreciated. Any good forums to search for info?

Sep 2, 2002 at 8:35 AM Post #2 of 5
Buy a Nord Lead synthesizer. Experiment with it a lot.

Nuff said.
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2002 at 8:44 PM Post #4 of 5
Jon
You may want to talk with aiotron. He seems to have a good handle on what to buy and who has the best prices.

Sep 3, 2002 at 5:02 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by Jon Beilin
I recently got into electronica (IDM mainly. Aphex twin, Clint Mansell, orbital, Autechre, Square Pusher, Boards of Canada), and am inspired to try to make some myself. I found some good programs, but now I am in need of tutorials. For example, how do you configure synths to make good noises (ie get bass, drums, and strings from 3 oscillators)? really beginner stuff. Any help is appreciated. Any good forums to search for info?

The best you can do is either purchase a Nord Micro-Modular, or some software equivalent, and join the Nord Modular emailing list -- these guys are the greatest in the world.

Zillions upon zillions upon zillions of examples. A day doesn't go buy that someone doesn't post a patch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back