electronic cigarette-fi
Dec 13, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #31 of 57

I tried to get the keg k100 mod but somehow the post office couldn't ship to me, fasttech ended up having to give me a refund. I just ordered the Sigelei ZMax v3 Round Top. do you know how high I should set the voltage? my ecig hasn't come yet but I wanna know beforehand so I can use it right away when it comes.

There's too many variables to recommend what voltage you should vape at. Everyone's taste are different.

I also don't know what tank you'd be using. I'm assuming you're fairly new and so will be buying prebuilt. Generally 1.5 - 1.7ohm coil should be around 3.8v - 4.2v. A 2.5ohm coil 4v - 5v.

Dec 13, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #32 of 57
I mostly go between my GP Paps MODs with either my Nimbus or Kayfun Lite.  I have a few genesis RBAs but I tend to like cotton and ekowool wicks more.  For juice, I have a small collection, mostly becuase I thought I liked those when I first sarted and I wanted to support the local shops. Now can't get enough of AVE's Bobas Bounty and Gorilla Juice that all the rest just sit at home.  I also like Mad Murdocks Mellow Malange and Nicoticket's Custards Last Stand

Dec 14, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #33 of 57
I just recently got into vaping. I'm so glad, because I was a regular cigarette smoker, and now I'm leaving that behind. I've instantly stopped smoking regular "analog" cigarettes. I've switched to vaping, and I'm not going back.

I bought one of these kits that includes two Ego Twist 1300 mAH batteries and two Iclear 16 clearomizers and the charger:

I got one red battery and one blue battery, and one clear clearomizer and one blue-colored clearomizer. One of these adjustable-voltage 1300 mAH batteries easily lasts all day, even on high voltage; and the other one serves as a fully-charged backup. The kit with two complete units was $79.99. They can probably be found cheaper somewhere else, but I don't care, because this excellent kit is what got me off regular cigarettes, so it's very cheap in the long run. Just one battery lasts all day long, and the voltage can be turned up higher than I want it to provide an extremely powerful vape, and it still lasts all day long.

http://www.jvapes.com/ego-twist-kit-1300-mah/

My local shop is here:

http://www.jvapes.com/

My all-day vape is:

http://www.jvapes.com/abbey-lane-1/

(It was called Abbey Road, but they must have got a copyright notice, because they changed it to "Abbey Lane."

My other favorite is:

http://www.jvapes.com/pursuit-of-sadness/

That one is butterscotch flavored.

There are a million shops now, so if you aren't getting the customer service you deserve, you should switch shops. Everybody's mixing flavors now, so they are virtually unlimited.

Dec 14, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #34 of 57
Jvapes has some really wonderful ejuices. Have you checked out Yellow Sub or Guavatron? Both are excellent. 
I found his MV High Voltage to have some of the most wicked throat hit out of anything I've tried. It's harsh stuff, but I love it.

Dec 14, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #35 of 57
I tried "Yellow Submarine" the very first time I was in the shop. The girl helping me said that it is their most popular ejuice. I liked it, but thought it was a little too sweet and fruity after I tried "Abbey Road" (now "Abbey Lane") right after that. I bought Abbey Road instead. I'll have to try it again, though, because that was before I even bought my kit.

I haven't tried the other two, but I'll try to remember to try those two next time I'm at the shop.

Dec 15, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #36 of 57
  There's too many variables to recommend what voltage you should vape at. Everyone's taste are different.

I also don't know what tank you'd be using. I'm assuming you're fairly new and so will be buying prebuilt. Generally 1.5 - 1.7ohm coil should be around 3.8v - 4.2v. A 2.5ohm coil 4v - 5v.

http://shop.desertvapes.com/Sigelei-ZMax-v3-Round-Top-SG-ZMAX-RT.htm

my tank

http://shop.desertvapes.com/Kanger-ProTank-2-KG-PROT2.htm

my clearomizer

yes, im new to vaping. my ejuice will be the outlaw which i think should be similar to the 555. its 18mg nicotine. so any suggestion for the voltage? i like a good throat hit but i hate the burning cotton taste.

Dec 15, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #37 of 57

yes, im new to vaping. my ejuice will be the outlaw which i think should be similar to the 555. its 18mg nicotine. so any suggestion for the voltage? i like a good throat hit but i hate the burning cotton taste.

Considering how the protank's come prebuilt I'd stick to the aforementioned numbers.

If you really want to crank it up I'd suggest microcoiling and moving on to SS mesh. I will say however the protank's are a fine vape,
as is the Vivi Nova (which is essentially the same tank,) as far as the juice you'll be vaping I'm not familiar with Outlaw.
As long as they don't skimp on quality you should be ok, you'd be amazed at how some juices fall apart once you start upping the voltage.

Dec 15, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #38 of 57
  Considering how the protank's come prebuilt I'd stick to the aforementioned numbers.

If you really want to crank it up I'd suggest microcoiling and moving on to SS mesh. I will say however the protank's are a fine vape,
as is the Vivi Nova (which is essentially the same tank,) as far as the juice you'll be vaping I'm not familiar with Outlaw.
As long as they don't skimp on quality you should be ok, you'd be amazed at how some juices fall apart once you start upping the voltage.

yeah my friend upped the voltage on his and it really tasted like burning cotton, hate that taste

Dec 18, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #40 of 57
user experience (solely personal): ok, so after using this new ecig for a while, im satisfied with the tank, the smoke. however, i need to hunt for a better flavor. the outlaw which is said to be similar to the 555 is simply way too sweet for my personal taste. im currently using the pink spot from pink spot which i guess is their signature flavor. its only a sample i got from them from buying the outlaw. i like it better than the outlaw but its still not very satisfying for me. i think at this point, im not going to hunt for another tobacco flavor since i dont think it can taste like an actual cigarette. so right now im going to hunt for a fruity flavor instead. anyone got any good suggestion? preferably, grape flavor that can taste somewhat like wine will be nice... i really hope that i can find my ideal juice quickly so i can stop sampling around. i want to focus my fund on audio instead because smoking/vapor is more of a habbit but audio is more of a hobby... i dont know if this makes sense or not... i just dont wanna waste too much time or money on finding the right juice. on the audio side, im currently using my ibasso dx100+sony z1000, will use that till i can pull out a big fund to replace my z1000. not that theres anything wrong with my z1000 but just wanna upgrade, you know 
wink.gif
. thinking maybe i should try getting a totl ciem, maybe westone es50 or something along the line... thats too far from now though anyway, i dont remotely have that kind of fund (poor college student) so anyone has any suggestion? i wanna catch the christmas sale and my pink spot juice since its only a sample does not have much left. i basically filled my tank half full and the bottle is already empty.   

Dec 18, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #41 of 57
I would recommend Thug Juice, which is a grape/watermelon flavor with slight menthol to it. Other than that, Namber Juice, Aliceinvapeland, jvapes all have some great juices.

Dec 19, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #43 of 57

cool, thanks. i dont really smoke menthol though... i will check out those places and see what they have

Yea, I get that. I only suggested it because the menthol is light, it's more of a refresher. Nothing like menthol analogs, for example.

Dec 19, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #44 of 57
i see... and i unfortunately messed up a cartridge (think i leaked the juice somewhere i shouldnt) and only have one workable cartridge left. so i will have to use that cartridge but my problem is im currently using it with the pink spot juice. it will be finished any minute now because not much is left. i want to refill with the outlaw juice that i still have quite a bit. how do i do that without mixing the flavors? 

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #45 of 57
  i see... and i unfortunately messed up a cartridge (think i leaked the juice somewhere i shouldnt) and only have one workable cartridge left. so i will have to use that cartridge but my problem is im currently using it with the pink spot juice. it will be finished any minute now because not much is left. i want to refill with the outlaw juice that i still have quite a bit. how do i do that without mixing the flavors? 

for all you peeps stuck in the stone age w/ mini-cigarette clones & messing w/ the silly cartomizers/cartridges, I would HIGHLY recommend upgrading to a standard 510 threaded ego battery (any size is fine as long as you get x2 that you can swap between) + a clearomizer tank (the best one hands-down is the mini vivi nova clearomizer tanks - rebuildable, top coil, long wick). The mini vivi nova comes w/ x3 coils (low,reg,high resistance). Swap out into the 1.8ohm low resistant coil for more vapor volume + warmer vapor + better draw. You probably want to get a lil syringe as well to help you get rid of the liquid buildup in the coil.

Skip buying any pre-made kits, not worth your money. Do some research & buy the pieces separately. You can get x2 batteries+x2 clearomizers+case+charger < $50.

I am def not a super audiophile, but I'mma pro ecig-fi-er. I've tried tons of different set-ups & this is definitely the money set-up. The mini vivi nova clearomizers do not run into the leaky problems that other tanks have. the low resistant coil allows for an absurd amount of vapor. the top coil warms the vapor to replicate cig smoking. I wish I had someone to tell me everything I know now about e-cigs. Woulda saved me a ton of time & money. An ego set-up saves you money because the only two disposable products are the e-juice (30mL can be found sub-$10 - can last up to a month depending on how much you vape) & the coils (can be found for $10 for a pack of 5 - basically lasts forever if you do dry burn + boiling when it starts to taste gunky after a few months). I am still using the original coils & it's been almost a year of on-off vaping.

Hope this was helpful & happy vaping!!!

this is x2 mini ego batteries + x1 mini vivi nova clearomizer (right) + x1 stardust vision clearomizer (left)
mini viv nova > stardust vision (but this is also a solid clearomizer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back