Electroacustic - GmbH Kiel - Typ LK 4100 - "Western Germany" made speakers?
Apr 22, 2013 at 1:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ElRoi

New Head-Fier
Check out these made in "Western Germany" stereo speakers I picked up the other day at the Goodwill store for $8. I don't think they knew what they had when they priced them. Heck I didn't even know what they were because I really couldn't anything about them using "the google." All I knew is that they were heavy as hell, not too beat up and were made in W. Germany.  So, I took a shot.  They have two different 10 inch woofers (my friend who is a sound engineer in Germany said that one was for extreme lows), some sort of 6 inch oval mid-range (inside a plastic enclosure) and a soft dome tweeter. The top, bottom and sides turned out  to be constructed of solid wood. Unfortunately, the badges are missing from the grills, so I have very little information about these.  They seem to be fully functioning and sounded pretty damn good hooked up to and ancient Pioneer 50 watt test amp with Chet Baker oozing out of them.
Again, I can find anything on these speakers in the interweb.  If anyone has any info, please post it here.

Apr 22, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #2 of 3
Nice!

You should post this (or ask one of the mods to move it) over on the "Calling All 'Vintage' Integrated/Receiver Owners" thread. There's a lot of talk about vintage speakers there as well.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/537704/calling-all-vintage-integrated-receiver-owners

se

Users who are viewing this thread

Back