Electric Six anyone?
May 16, 2005 at 5:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

James63

100+ Head-Fier
Well I finally got the new album here in the US, my order took almost a month?? Anyway I wanted to know what you think of the new Electric Six album Senor Smoke. I think it is ok but not as great as the first album. The first album was good music with comic relief. But I think the humor is lost in the second album. It is still musically good though, but I just can’t get into it like the first album.

For people that do not know who they are, they call them selves disco-punk but are more rock than anything. They really don’t sound like anything else so it is hard to describe.

Here is their site ( http://www.electric6.com/media_video.html ), The “Danger High voltage” video is a good place to start.

Also note that the videos are meant to be taken as jokes..........well I hope so

May 16, 2005 at 9:37 PM Post #2 of 4
i was into electric6 in a big way a few years ago, back when M was their drummer and they still had RockNRoll Indian. havent heard their new album yet, but their live show has certainly declined a bit, which is sad since they used to be amazing.

-james

May 16, 2005 at 10:55 PM Post #3 of 4
Yea their first album Fire is one of my favorite CD but I am never sure why. The new album is still good but not spectacular like the first. It may grow on me after awhile though. I don’t really like most albums the first time through. I also got 20 other CDS over the weekend at the same time as Senor Smoke (I just got a new job and I could not control myself), so I have not spent a lot of time with it. On another note I got my new MS-2is today. It is my first grado (I am a senn 650 guy) and they are pretty rockin’ with Electric Six. I will post my impressions of the headphones after they burn in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back