Electri-Q (posihfopit) question
Jun 28, 2011 at 11:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

RPGWiZaRD

Headphoneus Supremus
I wonder if you can adjust "gain" as in lower/increase the whole curve without any modification to it. I can't imagine such an adjustment wouldn't be included but I don't seem to find how to... selecting all bands and holding down shift will also modify the curve as it only adjusts the gain around the bands themselves.

Jun 28, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #3 of 7
Yea that seems to do it, still there's a slight annoyance with that and that is I have to select one of the bands to right click to get the menu to show and then when I select gain only that particular band selected will jump back to zero level but all other bands stayed where they should though.

Jun 28, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
The interface is a bit quirky, but for the price (free) and functionality, I like it. It crashes a lot with Foobar too if I "play" with it too much. 

Yea it's a shame about the crashes but that VST host (you're using VST Host adapter 2.4 perhaps?) is still in very early stage and the author knows it got lots of stability issues and working on it.

At first I thought electri-Q was a bit tricky to adjust and now that I've learnt to use ctrl / shift / alt and know how that'll affect the graph it's easy to play around with.

Jun 30, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #6 of 7
Regardless of the EQ, anything more that a +3 dB with a pop tunes makes me cringe at the distortion within the 10 first seconds of listening. Global negative gain is so very useful:D

Jun 30, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
Regardless of the EQ, anything more that a +3 dB with a pop tunes makes me cringe at the distortion within the 10 first seconds of listening. Global negative gain is so very useful:D

Yea that's why I like adjusting "gain", shape the curve first and then make sure there's minimal distortion coming out of it (even if advanced limiter does a fairly good job it still often starts distort when you go past 3-4dB or so depending how far the range is etc.. And yes I did notice it works also if you select all bands and press shift if you got enough bands and depending on bandwidth set etc but if doing major adjustments then maybe the "gain only" filter is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back