Elear and XS Edition connector difference (and Pathos Aurium)
Oct 1, 2022 at 7:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

delgado

New Head-Fier
Recently got the abovementioned cans that I am driving with a Pathos Aurium, also newly acquired. My newb connector question concerns both ends.

The Elears stock cable (on the HP side) is TS, the SE cable TRS- both 3.5. In any case, they appear to be interchangeable (the Elears cable works with the XS and vice versa). Question is, is there even a nominal compromise in using the Elears TS connectors with the XS?

On the other end of the cable, I am assuming the connection Headphones to the Aurium, which sports only a "regular" 6.3 HP jack, is unbalanced either way, correct? (regardless of whether the Aurium itself connects to the sound source in a balanced (XLR) or unbalanced (RCA fashion). OTOH, I see aftermarket cables that sport something looking like a TRRS connection on the amp side, would that make any sense with the Aurium?

Just so I know what sort of aftermarket cables to shop for if I want to hook up the respective cans to the Aurium with longer/shorter cables, it's all quite confusing to me. Perused some threads but failed to find an unequivocal answer. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back