Elder Scrolls Online
Jan 29, 2014 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

AxelCloris

Head-Fi TV Producer and Presenter
Administrator
I haven't see much mention of the game around Head-Fi, so welcome to the ESO thread!

We have a release date now of 4/4/14 and today Zenimax Studios announced that they're taking pre-orders through many different gaming sites.

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/preorder

So, who's looking forward to the game?

Feb 4, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #4 of 15
After finishing Skyrim (expansions included) I sent my application to be a beta tester with no luck 
frown.gif

Yeah this is good news indeed. 

Feb 5, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #7 of 15
There's a beta stress test this weekend that I was invited to. Will give the game a shot and see how it plays.

Feb 6, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #9 of 15
tomorrow at noon eastern time, beta will be open. it will be my second time.  I am not a fan of these types of games usually, way too much grinding, but eso is fun. not too much grinding at all. my only real complain is that I was hoping for much better graphics, but they are okay. they made the game beautiful enough.

Feb 6, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #10 of 15
  tomorrow at noon eastern time, beta will be open. it will be my second time.  I am not a fan of these types of games usually, way too much grinding, but eso is fun. not too much grinding at all. my only real complain is that I was hoping for much better graphics, but they are okay. they made the game beautiful enough.

I can live without graphics, a prime example of this is Monster Hunter Frontier Online,,, great game. Best grinding ever, but the Japanese do not want it released outside their country 

Feb 15, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #11 of 15
The non-disclosure agreement has been lifted! I can finally publicly talk about amazing things in the game!

I've tried out several play combinations during the various betas and my favorite so far has to be choosing the Sorcerer and using a bow as my primary weapon. Focusing on the sorcerer spells gives me the unstable familiar, which I can eventually morph into a more powerful version, instant lightning casts, and a knockdown that, on proc, is free to cast and instant. Combine that with my bow's abilities and medium armor and I'm a DPS machine. It's an incredibly fun combination. The familiar and I bounce aggro back and forth so kiting is much easier and he even has his own AOE spells.

My second favorite was with dual wielding Nightblade. Who doesn't love to be a sneaky character stealthing around with an axe in one hand and a sword in the other. High damage and bleed combination. Wonderful fun.

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #14 of 15
I personally hate MMORPGs, I find them extremely boring and ultimately focused on performing the same activity (like killing monsters) all the time. I hope that it will not disrupt the development of single-player TES-VI (if TES Online will get too popular).

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #15 of 15
I was in the beta a feww weeks ago and, in all honesty, it was much better than I expected.  That said, I doubt I'll play until it goes F2P.  I simply don't have the time to play MMO's anymore so paying a monthly sub is just not viable.

I'm personally much more excited for Wildstar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back