el2001 in pimeta?
Mar 31, 2004 at 6:33 AM Post #2 of 6
Only if you want it to spontaneously combust!

j/k
smily_headphones1.gif
Seriously, I don't know...

-Jason

Mar 31, 2004 at 6:51 AM Post #3 of 6
hahaha.
rolleyes.gif

well i think some people put 634s into meta42s after the 2001s were discontinued, and I've read that some people made 634 to 2001 adaptors, so i assume it would be possible to go backwards
wink.gif
confused.gif

Mar 31, 2004 at 6:55 AM Post #4 of 6
I think Sijosae made some adaptors to use opamps instead of buffers and other pinout changes. Basically, he took two DIP-8 sockets and connected the relevant pins between them. You end up with another plug-in socket, as long as you don't mind a couple of extra connections.

Mar 31, 2004 at 7:16 AM Post #5 of 6
You'd also need to add the equivalent of R7 on the META42. The BUF634 doesn't need additional resistance here, but the EL2001 does.

Mar 31, 2004 at 8:48 AM Post #6 of 6
Hey, does anyone happen to have the data sheet for the el2001? I can't seem to find it anywhere. It's not on the elantec/intersil website. Due to it being discontinued, i assume.
blink.gif

Someone should host the el200x datasheets somewhere for future reference.
tongue.gif
thanks again.
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: ok, with a bit of creative searching i found the el2001 datasheet. it actually is on the intersil website, although they do not provide a direct link to it. =P I also went through and collected the other el2002, el2008, and el2009 datasheets for reference sake, in case anyone else wants them.
biggrin.gif

another sidenote on data sheets.
http://smartdata.usbid.com/ has obsolete data sheets. And Intersil was very quick to respond to my request for a data sheet too. (I used their "ask our staff" link). data sheets are good to read.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back